DiRTy Gossip

Didzis said:
I wish they at least supported adding aditional liveries. (Adding, not replacing)
That's a good point. Where does the Forza games stand, legally? The community is full of unlicensed skins. Who gets in trouble?

MTOJay said: 

thats why i said multiple times. make a crowdfunding, make a dlc. hire programmers to take the task off your shoulders. i never said i want the core functionality to suffer due to a vr implementation. not at all, the game should be 100% the same with the addition of a proper vr implementation...

but whatever. done arguing. enjoy your racing games, i will enjoy mine as long as they support vr. cant go back, wont go back. was just here to make it clear from one more voice that the community wants it.  and the community actually does want vr. we have seen it with dirt 4, with f1 and we see it yet again. you can claim its the same 5people over and over again, that doesnt change that there way way way more people actually enjoying simracing in vr.

have a nice day. i hope you all get what you want from dirt rally 2.0 (honestly)
Who wants VR is a fraction of a rally sim community. It is a niche. No one is preventing anyone from crowdfunding- don't know, and don't care how you are planning to do it TBH, I suggested that if VR is ever to be included, DLC is not totally stupid idea (rather than expecting it to be a patch), but DLC would still mean core functionality would struggle- it is not like you have a team working on a game, and then magically extra programmers appear just to work on VR. You have to assign people to leave one functionality development and move to work on other. And then imagine game is 100% finished, it gets released, no bugs, everything is great. We still would rather have CM to develop the game more for US (add new locations, cars, improve physics, add features that everyone can use) rather than move to implement VR for couple of people. 

Codies said there was no plan to include it at launch, that's all.

They could introduce it as DLC
They could tell us more about it whenever.

Point being, no one here doesn't want them to implement it.  No one here wants them to take away programming resources for release to get day one implementation (it's clear they don't have them as it won't support it on day one)

There are a bunch, albeit a small bunch, of people that want it.  I think it would be a good option for DLC after release.

With mod support, I don't understand why games like AC can allow mods but other games don't allow it, can someone explain it like I'm 5?
First of all, mod support is basically exclusive for PC- so CM probably wants to develop features that will work cross platform. Then usually there is a fear that people will rather make mods than buy next installment (there are great examples proving that to be a bad idea- AC, or Arma being prime examples). Finally it depends on the game engine- some are more easy to modify assets and add new ones than other- it depends on how it was developed.

I just hope CM knows that community is really good with creating assets even for games that are not meant to be modded. With SDK great things could be done. We will still buy DLCs if the core game is good enough. 

I'm imagining the Porsche would be 4wd, no? And I'd reckon the Camaro and Porsche would sit in an RGT category. I mean I know they're typically rwd but that things been setting some mean times

I'm imagining the Porsche would be 4wd, no? And I'd reckon the Camaro and Porsche would sit in an RGT category
It's not 4wd

I'm imagining the Porsche would be 4wd, no? And I'd reckon the Camaro and Porsche would sit in an RGT category
The Porsche is RWD. And we will see as you drive with the engine over the rear axle... 

Well they've had some 4wd models in the past. But I guess RWD is more fun anyway. But still I'd imagine it'd have to sit in an RGT class or something similar.

Well they've had some 4wd models in the past. But I guess RWD is more fun anyway. But still I'd imagine it'd have to sit in an RGT class or something similar.
That rally Porsh is based on Tuthill's creation- it is pure RWD just as the model it is based on. Can be mightly fast on tarmac, and deadly fun on loose!

I have to say, the purist in me is not very fond of a fantasy Camaro rally car, but I guess it could be.. fun?  :#

That would be awesome that Porsche RWD. And the heavenly sound to which we are accustomed to CM. 

bogani said:
I have to say, the purist in me is not very fond of a fantasy Camaro rally car, but I guess it could be.. fun?  :#
So not really fantasy, you can literally buy that car for about 260k dollars, I just don't know if anyone has rallied it yet.  It's the same as buying the Porsche though, so not unlikely.

Keko55 said:
That would be awesome that Porsche RWD. And the heavenly sound to which we are accustomed to CM. 
I still have to confirm, but I'd put money on it being the Tuthill Porsche that was scanned and then recorded for audio.

bogani said:

bogani said:
Fun? FUN? What kind of popcorn question is that? 

juu1ius said:
JZStudios said:
Monitors are super cheap though, and useful for far more scenarios than a low res VR headset. You also wouldn't have a PC without space for a desk, and anyone who does have a decent size desk could probably accommodate a triple setup provided they don't get massive monitors.
You're also ignoring that most people don't have a 970 or greater in this little bubble.
It depends how you look at it. Second hand used Oculus CV1 is about 200-350€. Yeah, resolution is not that great, but immersion that you get is insane. You need 3 monitor setup to get anything as close, that means 100€x3. Now, that means theses are a cheap ones and most likely 60Hz compared to Oculus 90Hz screen. Videocards that could run DR in VR mode are ~100€ if you buy it 2nd hand.  That said, everyone who are saying that they don't buy the game because it doesn't have VR support, well, you will be missing out some great fun. BUT, thous who are saying that VR doesn't make a difference, because it minority? It something like years ago when first FFB wheels came to market- they were expensive and not many had them. Lot of racing games didn't support great many devices, but now it's common sense, because racing with a wheel makse so much more sense than using keyboard or a controller. VR is exactly like that. It' makes sense that good racing title would support VR, because it's that good! I have around 1000h at DR and only 150-200h at D4, only because VR support. (i'm also the minority who thinks D4 handling is decent, so that could mean I have something wrong in my head).
Firstly, you proved my point that 3 monitors are equal or slightly less than a headset, even used. And that's for new monitors.
Secondly, 60hz on a desktop is fine, but if that did bother you, there's still 144hz monitors for pretty cheap. Like, add $20/monitor, but that price could've dropped a bit.
Thirdly, if people could afford secondhand video cards they wouldn't be using their super cheap and extremely outdated GPUs. Sim racing isn't very demanding since they still look like crap, so why upgrade?

It's a matter of priorities and there's not a lot of people who actually want VR right now. I would buy a DK2 if it was...$50 maybe? Why would I buy something that's already inferior when even the best available isn't even where it needs to be and there's new versions around the corner.
The difference is that a $100 monitor has a higher resolution, higher Hz, more usability, and a significantly lower cost.
I'm not even anti-VR, but this thing of "It needs VR or I'm not buying it" is stupid and smells to me more like "I need a reason to validate spending money on this damn thing that has no games or support. I don't even care what game it is."
It's like RTX. It's an awesome technology, and I hope it's around in the future, but as of right now the performance just isn't there and it sucks.

There's plenty of 4WD stuff already, so some high powered modern RWD cars is a welcome addition. Would be great if there was also something like a BRZ, don't know what class that is (R3?), but modern, RWD and around 200 bhp

EDDSkitz said:
MTOJay said:
the start crowdfunding.

i am 100% positive that vr simracers would support that.

heck make a freaking vr dlc and make it 40$ i dont mind. i would be buying it in an instant if its properly supported.

there is no reason not to support it, all their games would benefit from them doing the work once for their "new" engine.

there has been demand since every codemasters release after dirt rally and yet they never did anything.

just do something and dont pretend that there wouldnt be demand. they playing the same record with the "we see if there is demand" they played with dirt4. there was demand, a lot of people wwant it, yet they never did anything.
I think the only thing you'll find that does is prove just how small of a market VR really is. 
You can look up the Steam user charts and only like 2% of steam users have a VR headset.

Didzis said:
There's plenty of 4WD stuff already, so some high powered modern RWD cars is a welcome addition. Would be great if there was also something like a BRZ, don't know what class that is (R3?), but modern, RWD and around 200 bhp
Yeah it’s an R3 car, but it’s the Toyota gt86 that’s used not the brz, and we know the history of Toyota and codemasters!