Sequence starts

Lightning tech improved

Reactive crowds, marshalls

Accidents

Procedurally generated stages

Windshield collecting dust

Car customization

Spectator mode

It still crazy how it managed to flop for me because on paper, it was totally fixing all the DiRT Rally shortcomings! I hope DiRT Rally 2 will deliver. So guys, just a reminder to think about it before preordering...

... but I'm preordering nonetheless haha!

Hyyype!  :#
Haha, I saw that! I am sure someone from Codemasters has said previously that is how the car is named on the license (from Audi) so that is how it has to be presented in game...

...even the Audi PR division don't know their own history!  :D

The only problem I see with a mixed tarmac/gravel stage and tyre choice in a game is that one is always going to be faster, and once you’ve worked out which one that is that’s pretty much the tyre choice done for the rest of your time playing. 

I think spain will most likely be 100% tarmac seeing as it’s the only tarmac location in game. Hopefully we can see something like gravel being pulled onto the road from cuts like in real life, and that will act similarly to road deterioration will on the gravel events

The only problem I see with a mixed tarmac/gravel stage and tyre choice in a game is that one is always going to be faster, and once you’ve worked out which one that is that’s pretty much the tyre choice done for the rest of your time playing. 

I think spain will most likely be 100% tarmac seeing as it’s the only tarmac location in game. Hopefully we can see something like gravel being pulled onto the road from cuts like in real life, and that will act similarly to road deterioration will on the gravel events
I hope so. I'd love running position to really matter. Would be a top immersion detail for me. Especially if it's done right with championship leader running first on day 1 and then a reversed order for days 2 and 3

Sadly I don't think we'll get mixed surfaces. Tyre choice will probably be down to hardness and different wet compounds. 

That’s why we need Your Stage besides the handcrafted ones! :o

SamRWD said:
VR is great and is the future in one form or other, but I would rather wait another 3 years when they will be comming for free with my cereal, or at least will cost 1/4th of the current price. And also when graphic cards will run it smoothly without requiring getting top models.

dude. its really annoying that you are talking about stuff like you would know about it but actually dont.

the rift is less expensive then most monitors these days. 399.

then you have deals like this:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1364658-REG/lenovo_g0a20001ww_explorer_mixed_reality_headset.html

you get a full vr experience for 99$. you people make it sound like these devices would costs thousands. thats simply not true. in the last year the cost to enter vr has shrunken a lot.

on top of that most sims with the rift run fine on a 970. i run a 980 personally and play ac, rf2, iracing and dirt rally on a regular basis and have absolutely zero fps problems.

stop making up stuff and stop lying about things. especially if you absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I'm bored of VR posts. Putting me off VR all together  :D 

I know. The forum used to be plagued by wheel snobs, now they have been replaced by VR owners. 

well if some of you people wouldnt make stuff up i wouldnt even have needed to make that clear ;-)

also this is a public forum. wasnt aware we are only allowed to talk about topics regarding the game that you personally like.

I want to get back to talking about the game. The pleasure I get from knowing that Codies Devs watch this thread and see that most of our desires have been answered and implemented only to discover a thousand new ideas to give them headaches for the next iteration!

I really hope there will be mixed surface stages in this game, loved it in DiRT 2, especially Morocco I think it was going of the road into sand/high grass area and after a wild offroad ride jumping back on the road again.

Yeah I’m kinda tired of this VR talk as well. It’s always so toxic (on other forums as well). I understand the passion, but show that towards the devs, not towards your fellow simracers. As far as simracers go there’s just not that much more to talk about is there? VR is cool, but it’s not coming at launch, there is somewhat of a demand, but not enough to justify 100k to 200k investment to implement it.

Man, problem with today’s world is that no way in hell you can fall into two groups at the same time. You say A, well you must hate B! I prefer triplescreens over VR for screen clarity and I happen to understand why VR is not coming at launch because I’m a developer as well, but that doesn’t make me a VR hater. It’s like you are either black lives mather or pro police, or all in for Formula 1 or MotoGP. It’s like you’re automatically a hater of one if you say you like the other. Can’t we respect both? Can’t we like both? <3

MTOJay said:
also this is a public forum. wasnt aware we are only allowed to talk about topics regarding the game that you personally like. 
This is the DiRTy Gossip thread, so the conversation must be directly related to new game gossip and @urgaffel code breaking only* ** ***. 

* Or kebab pizza. 

** Or cake. 

*** Or how tea is the best thing ever

Yeah, mixed surfaces are fun. WRC7 had a few passages on tarmac while on Gravel setup and tyres, it's quite a challenge to keep the pace up. But for spain I hope they focus on the tarmac, but maybe have one short stage on gravel just to make it classical spain.

Going to be interesting to see how much the degradation tool can do . If if can do changing conditions then I hope they manage to get some Monte in there. Just imagine the challenge of random black ice on the shady sections. "Ice, maybe", the codriver call of utter doom. Suspect they won't be able to do that level of track changes, but it would be incredible if they do.

zissakos1 said:
JZStudios said:
By opposition, I look for triple screen support in games, and if I can't find it, I might ask the devs, who usually don't respond and then I just play the game normally anyways.
To say you "Can't go back to normal gaming" is actually aggravating.
Fun fact, I've also got 5.1 set up, but I don't throw a huge hissy fit whenever something doesn't support surround sound (Which is a lot.) I just play the game in stereo. For example, the recent Burnout Paradise remaster. Did I say remaster? I meant retexture mod. Anyways the retexture only supports stereo, where the original supported surround through a config, which is just... not present on the remaster. So consoles get surround, but PC doesn't.. which is super dumb, considering it's literally the exact same engine and everything, they just didn't "port" over the config.

So to sum up, I have triple screens and surround, which frankly the majority of games don't support. Would I prefer the games to have full surround audio/visual support? Sure, hell yeah, but when they don't I don't flail around about it and shout about how many billions of people and dollars use them. I just play the damn game like normal.

Since it's also related, Nvidia made some technology that helps set up both VR and multi-screen setups since both require multiple game cameras, but I sure as hell don't expect any company to ever actually make use of it, or for it to catch on at all. Just like every other Nvidia technology besides tesselation.
Would you say the same if the game didn't support your Wheel? Would you play it with a Controller then? (Or KB&M?)
Say you spent hundreds of Dollars on a Fanatec Setup. And then one of the most serious and best Rally game sequels didn't Support it! But Dirt Rally supported Fanatec gear!!

I am sure there was a time in your life where you didn't have a Wheel. Can you "go back" and play racing games without one?
Isn't that aggravating?

Try to not hate us for a moment and try to imagine how it would be.

That's how we feel everytime we read "oh there won't be VR Support at Launch. But maybe later!".

We are just lucky that racing game developers have accepted that they must support a wide range of wheels - at Launch!
Now the same has to happen with VR Support.

For a CM game? Sure, they play great with a controller. People here on the forum use KB+M as well. Same story with the Forza games, of which don't support my wheel.
Something like AC is a bit difficult on controller, but do able, as well as some other hard core sim games. KB+M is generally pretty terrible. CM games historically have all had pretty mediocre FFB and wheel support as well, but as long as they let you custom assign buttons and axis it works just fine, which again, is a global thing and not wheel specific. There's also some older racing and arcade games including Burnout Paradise (and it's remaster) that I have that don't support wheel.

So... Yes, I can go back to not having one. I can even go back to single screen as I've mentioned before. Sometimes I just don't feel like dealing with the issues that NV surround inherently has since Nvidia doesn't want to support their own software products.
Again I'll mention Burnout Paradise Remaster not having surround, when the original did, and yeah, I play in stereo.

It's minorly annoying, but not a deal breaker in the way that I have to scream about it.
And again, think about the fact that triple screen and ultrawides have been around for a decade now and they still aren't supported.properly or at all in a fairly large number of new titles. Or even better, think about surround sound, which has been around since the 70's yet theres exceptionally little media that actually uses it at all, let alone takes advantage of it.

You bought an experiment and expect it to be applied to everything immediately which frankly is... stupid... on your part. Products that have been around for decades longer aren't properly implemented when it's already easier to do so and you're screaming to implement something new. It's really like Apple stuff. Sure, it's cool, yeah it might work better than some of the alternatives, but the alternatives are a WAY larger market, more accessible, easier to work with, and develop products for. Think about how many "superior" cable connections and dongles Apple went through that never caught on mainstream. USB C is just now starting to show up. You wanted to be on the leading edge, expect failure. It just happens. It's a gamble. Take what you can, but screaming about it flailing your arms around makes you loudest person in the room, that's it.

tbtstt said:
MTOJay said:
This is the DiRTy Gossip thread, so the conversation must be directly related to new game gossip and @urgaffel code breaking only* ** ***. 

* Or kebab pizza. 

** Or cake. 

Tea is wannabe coffee. It is known.

I get VR users, but their attitude makes me wish DR2 doesn't get VR so those people are not a part of a community. Imagine if mod support gets added- crybabies demanding their fav car mod gets made assured.

Can't wait to Monday, I really, really, really hope DR2 onboards will convince me, I want to buy it so bad, but at the same time I still don't trust CM. 

tbtstt said:
I'm bored of VR posts. Putting me off VR all together  :D 

I know. The forum used to be plagued by wheel snobs, now they have been replaced by VR owners. 
https://youtu.be/lzgA9kbrzzM

SamRWD said:
I get VR users, but their attitude makes me wish DR2 doesn't get VR so those people are not a part of a community. Imagine if mod support gets added- crybabies demanding their fav car mod gets made assured.
yeah. your attitude of making stuff up and lying about cost and performance need in order to run vr is way better. just what the community needs.

tbtstt said:
MTOJay said:

* Or kebab pizza. 

** Or cake. 

I'd like to say that Dakar 18 has apparently been released and I'm surmising is being overshadowed by ACC and FH4.

Anyone try it yet?

MTOJay said:
SamRWD said:
yeah. your attitude of making stuff up and lying about cost and performance need in order to run vr is way better. just what the community needs.
Any examples?

SamRWD said:
VR is great and is the future in one form or other, but I would rather wait another 3 years when they will be comming for free with my cereal, or at least will cost 1/4th of the current price. And also when graphic cards will run it smoothly without requiring getting top models.

this one.  as i said before. you dont need a top model gpu. 970 or 980 is enough for any racing sim.

entry cost is 99$ these days.