DiRTy Gossip

KickUp said:
Cool, not going to promise anything but its good to know what you are wanting.

It seems that @gfRally would like a GTA5 style director mode :)  I also think it would have been awesome to place cameras where you want them and adjust lens parameters and camera settings. 

I guess it comes down to personal preference whether one would pick such a custom replay feature over other new additions such as a rally school or stages with dynamic conditions (ruts, sweeping).

Back to the Gossip: I also had some hopes that the team would show some Rallycross gameplay at Lydden Hill this weekend, but perhaps it's just not ready yet.

Are any of the team members going to do any sound recordings or telemetry on the cars? @KickUp 
Here's a question for you then and it's part of the problem that we face internally.

If you could have a camera mode thing like a few of suggested or say a rally school are that we could use for lots of things which one would you want?  
Am I greedy if I say both?

Azoresst said:
Yeah, I mentioned that before, you can quite easily work out one of the locations and guess the other. I all ready know, so me telling would be cheating!
Finland and Germany? ;)
And hopefully Sweden for the winter wonderland :)
I hope for Norway over Sweden. But the again we would miss Collin's crest if we went to Norway 

KCSmoke said:

So my question is why not release anything Codies? I've seen what you have, I've played it and whatever you decide to show will only be impressive and loved by fans of your game... 

Exactly. Their marketing strategy for DiRT 4...or lack thereof baffles me!
The hype is real.

Hype for DiRT 4 is nonexistent.

I think you're still a cool dude.

Feel free to start the DiRT 4 hype...3...2...1...anytime now.

Milestone have launched a new gameplay video for Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIOOzCPzkEE
Looking good tho, but my bet's still on Dirt Rally for best rally game :)

I personally don't mind the FFB delay. I'd rather see it done properly than being released early and not 100% done. :)

EDIT: Also, must one have a Twitter account to participate in the DTL thing? I really don't want one.
Probably not, but then there is the DiRT forum league. Check out the leagues section. Hasn't been a lot of activity on there lately though. Think @justbiglee  has forgotten about it

I've been busy I'm sorry :(

I personally don't mind the FFB delay. I'd rather see it done properly than being released early and not 100% done. :)

EDIT: Also, must one have a Twitter account to participate in the DTL thing? I really don't want one.
Probably not, but then there is the DiRT forum league. Check out the leagues section. Hasn't been a lot of activity on there lately though. Think @justbiglee  has forgotten about it

I've been busy I'm sorry :(
Busy is good 

Azoresst said:
Yeah, I mentioned that before, you can quite easily work out one of the locations and guess the other. I all ready know, so me telling would be cheating!
Finland and Germany? ;)
And hopefully Sweden for the winter wonderland :)
I hope for Norway over Sweden. But the again we would miss Collin's crest if we went to Norway 
Both might make it.
Pay attention around Pikes Peak and you'll see quite a few Norwegian  and Swedish flags dotted amongst the spectators as you climb up.
Not much point in putting those in the game if we won't be going there, unless it's a deliberate red herring that will be removed/replaced further down the line. 
Which would be a bit wasteful since it would mean a patch containing the whole Pikes Peak texture archives to swap out one or two texture maps.

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/609417500871237632

I wonder who who the lucky few were....

Maybe but only maybe you, MVB and Evilsmurf? :dizzy: 

TPJP said:

Interesting, the circuit in the rallycross clips look very much like the 2012 X-Games (Los Angeles) track.

Still on the fence for Seb Loeb Rally: I'm not writing it off, but I'm not that excited for it at present!

the car still appears to be moving like it did in previous milestone games... and did all the cars in the rallycross footage have the exact same model and livery, or was it just me?

tbtstt said:
TPJP said:

Interesting, the circuit in the rallycross clips look very much like the 2012 X-Games (Los Angeles) track.

Still on the fence for Seb Loeb Rally: I'm not writing it off, but I'm not that excited for it at present!
Definitely looks like a step up in the art department. Terrain seems presented a little flat..maybe because the last title was all in 2nd gear.
I loved watching Seb drive clean lines in the last X-games while everyone else was losing in Gymkhana mode (drifting). 

I see no reason to buy SebLoeb, seeing this video and how the cars seem unattached to the environment or planted on the ground.  Car handeling looks really bad (what you can take from a video, are they still driving with keyboard?).  I like competition and more options, but Im not really excited at the moment either.

Because Citroen Racing wasn't a catchy enough name. I do hope that's not an exclusive DS3 license though!

Any new WRC5 news? Can't say I'm too hopeful about that one either, but it has far more unknowns.

TPJP said:

It doesn't look too bad from the art side of things, but I can't just shake off the feeling that handling will be average at best... I know that judging handling from the video is tricky, but if someone showed me a good run in DiRT Rally and I've never heard of such a game I think my reaction would be 'Holy  f*** that looks awesome and very authentic! Love the detail of the stages such as uneven surface, camber and rocks... Take my money.'

With SLRE it looks as 'oh it's another of those games where the car motion looks a bit funny, but not quite right - I'll get it when it's on sale' ... It looks as if Milestone went for all things Seb Loeb with the LA X-Games track. My preference is definitely with what Codies want to do - model real and proper RX tracks. 

It's good to see some gameplay, but now after playing DiRT Rally Milestone know the bar in rally simulation has been set very high... Especially with the new FFB...

Because Citroen Racing wasn't a catchy enough name. I do hope that's not an exclusive DS3 license though!

Any new WRC5 news? Can't say I'm too hopeful about that one either, but it has far more unknowns.
Kt Games have a place in the Rally Sardegna service park for the public to try out their WRC 5 game, but they wont't reveal any gameplay video for the internet atm. Also no one recorded the gamaplay there, afaik.

Pic from their facebook.
They will very likely show the game at E3 in a couple of days so we'll see something very soon.

Agreed about all that has been said about SLRE. Definetly staying with Dirt Rally.  But those San Remo stages look really nice actually. I would love to see this kind of stages in Dirt Rally too.

Hmm still no update... I'm getting worried we're not getting it today :D If it doesn't come, my Monday is ruined lol

Still waiting for the update made me think that I would like more information from Codemasters regarding updates/patches. It would be great if they could inform us, if not everyday then at least every second day, about the state of the updates. The way you released the early access version of DiRT Rally worked fine as "it's out guys, have fun" but I personally would like to be a bit more informed about how the updates are coming along now we actually have access to the game :)

Just something that came to my mind :)

They do a roadbook blog update every wednesday which usually means a patch update as well. That's good enough for me.

SLRE is beautiful visually but physically... incredibile! :)

Can't wait for its diffusion on E3 as an MS exclusive title alongside NFS and the Crew.