DiRTy Gossip

That euphoric feeling of "nailed it" as you put your foot down exiting a hairpin.....   Yeah, it did make DR feel a tad "lame"

Yup. I thought RWD felt brilliant in DR, but I have to say, they feel a bit tame now compared to what we've been driving lately  B)

bogani said:
Yup. I thought RWD felt brilliant in DR, but I have to say, they feel a bit tame now compared to what we've been driving lately  B)
Well, that sounds reassuring :)

Any ideas whether it will be playable at Rally G.B? I'm going anyway but wondering whether or not to hit the service park. That will depend entirely on Codies.

jayp666 said:
Anyone still have the B-Roll leaked videos? Codemasters have filled copyright infringement and they removed it from the interwebs!
Hopefully we'll have some fresh footage tomorrow when the press embargo lifts. 

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
I still can't believe that all 3 companies produced the same car without any trace of distinguishing features between them.
Scion is a sub-brand of Toyota, so the GT86 and FRS are the same, but BRZ has a bit different front end. The easiest way to tell them apart is to remember - GT86/FRS = Frowny face, BRZ = Smiley face. And the new GT86 is just a wider frowny face

Think the Toyotas look a bit better, not a big thick piece of black plastic stretching across the front. Completely forgot that the bumpers were any different at all.
I kinda like the smiley BRZ better :D And with a licence plate in place, that plastic part isn't that noticeable. Also, it looks like that Scion doesn't have front fog lights, whereas GT86 does, so that's one way to tell those two apart
Oh, right... Front license plates exist... Thank God for Arizona. XD Which also makes me glad that car manufacturers have stopped putting a big flat space on the front of cars, ruining the smoother look for us that don't require that.

bogani said:
Guess we're just letting the cats outta the bag and telling all now?
Fine.

I think it feels pretty great, crashes well too.

Any ideas whether it will be playable at Rally G.B? I'm going anyway but wondering whether or not to hit the service park. That will depend entirely on Codies.
I’ll be at the service park too! I’m codriving in car 256 on the national rally on the Friday and Saturday!

Reinstalled DiRT Rally overnight, hoping to actually get 1000 hours in it, but my upgraded specs (FX-9590 OC'd vs now degraded 8350 / Dead 280x and 480 replaced with R9 Fury Nitro) it seems to be stuttering more than i last time played... Thats what a 1 year break gets me - more stuttering.

Ah well, time to wait in silence i guess!

edit: fixed most of stutter by reducing Max tessellation to 4x in AMD driver, pre-polaris welp.

With it not being WRC sanctioned I would highly doubt it.

@RallyDriven I'll be on Gartheiniog I reckon for both run throughs on the saturday so I'll give you a shout of support from the banks and try and get a picture. That's if you survive the early stages of course!

@RallyDriven I'll be on Gartheiniog I reckon for both run throughs on the saturday so I'll give you a shout of support from the banks and try and get a picture. That's if you survive the early stages of course!
Haha thanks, we will be in the black and green mg in my profile picture! I’m going to Gwydir to watch on the Sunday 

I think most of us take for granted that Poland will be a gravel rally. What if that one is actually tarmac? 

bogani said:
I think most of us take for granted that Poland will be a gravel rally. What if that one is actually tarmac? 
Well Polish Rally Championship is hold almost entirely on tarmac, so yeah it's not impossible that it will be a tarmac one in DR2. But personally I would prefer it on gravel:)

bogani said:
I hope Poland is gravel to be honest, I really like the quick polish gravel roads. But yeah Australia and New Zealand and Argentina are the ones we know are gravel, the other three could be anything. If we only get one tarmac of like to see another in the dlc, as well as a snow rally if the US isn’t snow

bogani said:
I hope Poland is gravel to be honest, I really like the quick polish gravel roads. But yeah Australia and New Zealand and Argentina are the ones we know are gravel, the other three could be anything. If we only get one tarmac of like to see another in the dlc, as well as a snow rally if the US isn’t snow

I just think that New Zealand, Australia and Poland will be a bit of a cake on cake situation when it comes to fast gravel rallies. If USA ends up being Michigan on gravel, even more so.

If USA ends up being on snow, will they enforce the tire rules they have over there? Unlikely, but it would be pretty slippy  ;)

On another note, I learned something today that I believe will make many people quite jolly in here. Can't really say much more  B)

bogani said:
bogani said:

I just think that New Zealand, Australia and Poland will be a bit of a cake on cake situation when it comes to fast gravel rallies. If USA ends up being Michigan on gravel, even more so.

If USA ends up being on snow, will they enforce the tire rules they have over there? Unlikely, but it would be pretty slippy  ;)

On another note, I learned something today that I believe will make many people quite jolly in here. Can't really say much more  B)
Jolly... like... Jolly club? 

Areyouben said:
I hope tire choice is conpletely open, so you can play around with tarmac tires on snow. Completely useless, but that’s the fun! :D
Agreed! Hooning around Dirtfish on gravel tires was basically the best thing about D4. It felt really good. 

Somewhere in the world, it’s monday now.  Wonder if we have any early/leaked info yet?  :p

Ps.  Reading here and there all over Google, This it probably already the most controversial topic in gaming at present.  Everywhere you look, the VR-heads are posting everywhere.  The great thing is, for every VR complaint there is, there’s an equally passionate player defending the game to the hilt!

WHEN Codies get the core work done and finally announce the VR implementation, they’ll be the Hero’s of the Internet  lol

bogani said:

I have been wondering that and I sort of hope this will be the case - something close to Barum/Zlin would be ideal) but I think it's very much the outside chance. Most people will expect the jumps and crests from the now defunct WRC round (ERC this year).

To me, that's a few too many fast gravel rallies for my ideal calendar (I'm assuming USA = gravel too) but if so, maybe that's to give more time to perfect their new tech on tarmac or snow events. 5/8 gravel sounds about right.

Snaky115 said:
Reinstalled DiRT Rally overnight, hoping to actually get 1000 hours in it, but my upgraded specs (FX-9590 OC'd vs now degraded 8350 / Dead 280x and 480 replaced with R9 Fury Nitro) it seems to be stuttering more than i last time played... Thats what a 1 year break gets me - more stuttering.

Ah well, time to wait in silence i guess!

edit: fixed most of stutter by reducing Max tessellation to 4x in AMD driver, pre-polaris welp.
My 8350 and GTX 960 plays the game pretty smoothly around 90FPS I think.. I spend more time playing it on triple screen which also runs quite well.

xcAzx said:
So we're almost at 1,000 signatures in just a few days for the VR petition.  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out and sign!  I didn't make the petition, I'm just trying to spread it:

https://www.change.org/p/novrnobuy-codemasters-please-add-vr-support-for-dirt-rally-2-0-on-pc-and-ps4

Oh, change.org huh? Pretty sure people tried to impeach the presidents with that. How does that site even still exist? No one takes it seriously. XD