DiRTy Gossip

Areyouben said:
Last question handling wise, just to be absolutely clear. Are you able to initiate some oversteer in turn entry, point the front of the car towards the inside and use that initial positioning of the car to power trough a corner in one clean motion consistently? (instead of having to initiate oversteer two, sometimes three times in order to not understeer into a tree)

In D4 you were able to do the first half of the gif below. But at the end of this gif the rear would grip more than it should, causing only the front to slide and point the entire car towards the outside. Sometimes that would happen in real life depending on braking input and weight shifting around, but it felt like I didn't get the right result when using the ScanFlick or using the handbrake at all in D4.

Image result for rally
I also shared that pain in DR, I shall give it a go and see what its like but I'm pretty sure it is much more like this now. It finished its arc rather than just gaining that grip out of nowhere. I will try and give it a go this evening unless someone else wants to try it.

Areyouben said:
Last question handling wise, just to be absolutely clear. Are you able to initiate some oversteer in turn entry, point the front of the car towards the inside and use that initial positioning of the car to power trough a corner in one clean motion consistently? (instead of having to initiate oversteer two, sometimes three times in order to not understeer into a tree)

In D4 you were able to do the first half of the gif below. But at the end of this gif the rear would grip more than it should, causing only the front to slide and point the entire car towards the outside. Sometimes that would happen in real life depending on braking input and weight shifting around, but it felt like I didn't get the right result when using the ScanFlick or using the handbrake at all in D4.

Image result for rally
I also shared that pain in DR, I shall give it a go and see what its like but I'm pretty sure it is much more like this now. It finished its arc rather than just gaining that grip out of nowhere. I will try and give it a go this evening unless someone else wants to try it.
Please do! 
Also are you allowed to show any footage, or lifted embargo only included VW/New Zealand footage from press meeting?

RWDsam said:
Areyouben said:

Image result for rally
Please do! 
Also are you allowed to show any footage, or lifted embargo only included VW/New Zealand footage from press meeting?
Nope, can't share any footage. Sorry. 

Areyouben said:
ShodanCat said:
Kinda getting a Dirt 4 vibe (in terms of physics) from the gameplay clips.  :|
The Rally clip with the VW is front wheel drive, so a lot of understeer is to be expected.
Of course that's to be expected, what I'm saying is it looks like FWDs in Dirt 4 - way too much grip.

Areyouben said:
ShodanCat said:
Of course that's to be expected, what I'm saying is it looks like FWDs in Dirt 4 - way too much grip.
Well, look at this thing go!

https://youtu.be/jemtuHStlg8?t=3
1.39 in that video is the best example of grip levels in a front wheel drive, most people would think that you would be very sideways taking a corner like that at that speed

I'd just like to say that I have an intense dislike of all you PC players who get to sample the game early. 

I shall be crying into my PS4 controller later. 

Tour as in Dirt Rally 2.0.Both the angle of the front wheels as in the side-scrolling... 

ShodanCat said:
Areyouben said:
ShodanCat said:
Kinda getting a Dirt 4 vibe (in terms of physics) from the gameplay clips.  :|
The Rally clip with the VW is front wheel drive, so a lot of understeer is to be expected.
Yup my first impression is the same. Also in the video the car glides smoothly and in game the car is very twitch like there is a sense of weightlessness like in Dirt 4, but Im hoping they made some good adjustments and it could still be fun

For me grip levels in both VW footage and Audi footage look quiet right. And I was the loudest complainer on the forums in D4 days LOL.

I'm not going to get into an argument over whether it's correct since a) I haven't tried it myself and b) it could change significantly before February 2019. I'm just giving my opinion on what I think it looks like so far. You'll have to forgive me for being a bit skeptical after Dirt 4.

tbtstt said:
I'd just like to say that I have an intense dislike of all you PC players who get to sample the game early. 
OH if only it was all of us PC players! :'(
I somewhat doubt that platform was the main driver for their choice of testers. :)

In many of the videos revolve very rough and aggressive and the car responds in that way. In my opinion.

tbtstt said:

I shall be crying into my PS4 controller later. 
Hmm, i got PC and PS4, but no early beta game aswell. Should i be ? (for not being able to test) or ? (that people of our community are testing)??? At least I am glad some people are testing and make it a better product. I think in my case I don't think I wouldn't be the best tester for rally, but a better tester for Rallycross. A think I now really noticed in D4 lately online that people just make big Forza drifts and are really fast with it, but in real life you would loose a lot of time if you do that. IRL they try straighten the car as much as possible before they go on throttle, so i have the feeling the lateral (if i am correct) grip is to much and therefore not is punishing the drifts. 

Didzis said:
Is this a good time to mention our Lord and Savior, Gaben of the Master Race?
Why are you bringing him up? Are Codies secretly making Half-Life 3?
I'm under NDA  o:)

Brought him up due to the console vs PC talk again lol

Yeah I hope we can reawaken the forum league again :-) Those were so much fun!

Do the guys who've tried the game know if there'll be AI retirements visible on stage?
Good point, I would like to see that again (wasn't it in Dirt 4? Or am I thinking of WRC 7?) I would also like to see more random events like animals to keep every rally feeling a bit different, even if it's the same stage.

ShodanCat said:
Do the guys who've tried the game know if there'll be AI retirements visible on stage?
Good point, I would like to see that again (wasn't it in Dirt 4? Or am I thinking of WRC 7?) I would also like to see more random events like animals to keep every rally feeling a bit different, even if it's the same stage.
They were in WRC 7. It'd be even better in a more simmy heavy game with that unexpected moment potentially putting you off rythm as you speed past a rival, perhaps with spectators flagging you down as you approach. Nice immersion point.