DiRTy Gossip

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
As to the selection process, I have absolutely no idea why I was chosen since I am absolutely nothing special, just an avid forum member. :P You'd have to ask Christina to figure out her reasoning for my attendance, other than she said she was looking for a "diverse" group of participants. Maybe you weren't diverse enough.
Maybe they chose those, who have reached Champion level in forums? 
I can't speak for others but I won the Gadget Show competition they ran on DiRT Rally so I just asked afterwards if I could get involved in a test day if it ran and they said yes so that's how it happened for me!

Playing on a 20-30 foot events LCD is quite a task since the input lag is baaaadddd.
i won the event to go there but didnt go :D  were you the one who took my place cant rememeber ?  i beat rally cameraman by 11 secs  :)          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJtnqEQ5TaU            

bogani said:
I’d be very surprised if it’s anything like real time degradation. If it was you would probably have to simulate all the cars in the rally, and in dirt 4 we had multi-class rallies with a lot of competitors. So if that carries over, I don’t think we would be seeing that. I hope the ruts aren’t completely pre determined, so we don’t always see the same rut on the same corner, but regardless it’s a very cool feature to have in the game!
It's confirmed its pre baked, which is fine. I'm just happy there will be actual road sweeping!  <3
So do you think there will be ANYTHING visual about the change in conditions?  Will we see a slight buildup at corners, will we see the ruts?

gfRally said:
bogani said:
I’d be very surprised if it’s anything like real time degradation. If it was you would probably have to simulate all the cars in the rally, and in dirt 4 we had multi-class rallies with a lot of competitors. So if that carries over, I don’t think we would be seeing that. I hope the ruts aren’t completely pre determined, so we don’t always see the same rut on the same corner, but regardless it’s a very cool feature to have in the game!
It's confirmed its pre baked, which is fine. I'm just happy there will be actual road sweeping!  <3
So do you think there will be ANYTHING visual about the change in conditions?  Will we see a slight buildup at corners, will we see the ruts?
I believe so yes. Can't confirm though. 

gfRally said:
bogani said:
The track visually changes depending on the degradation. How much and in what way I will leave for you to find out :)

urgaffel said:
The track visually changes depending on the degradation. How much and in what way I will leave for you to find out :)
So is it the case that in some circumstances the varied track conditions could open up cuts in the corners, or perhaps even the opposite? ::smile:

I’ve just been reminded of a few years ago, either rally gun 2013 or 14, I went to watch and by chance ended up stood next to Paul Coleman and Jon Tucker! They were filming to look at how road degradation progresses over time, and they were hoping the footage could be used for the technology in the game ‘one day’. I guess it’s finally that one day!

Yea so what I gather is there are three stages (for dry gravel)

1. (Top order) Loose surface/no clean line. Grip will be reduced as you are the one sweeping the road.

2. (Middle order) Clean line less loose gravel on top but also no ruts or excessive cambering. Ideal dry gravel conditions.

3. (Bottom order) Rutted and cambered corners with build up of loose material outside.

Also I believe that this will have second loop stages factored in also. So if you were first on the road through the first loop, the stages will appear very different for the second run through.

In terms of how it works in wet conditions I imagine it's better running up the order and the stages get more Rutted the lower down the order you run.

Still no news about how it will effect tarmac but I imagine the lower down the order you are the more dirt dragged onto the corners from cutting.

ShodanCat said:
So are you guys who were contacted to provide feedback still actively participating in the process, or was it a one-and-done kind of deal? Also, what was the criteria for being selected? I sure would've liked a chance to offer feedback as well.

They asked for beta testers on the forum about a year ago

ShodanCat said:
So are you guys who were contacted to provide feedback still actively participating in the process, or was it a one-and-done kind of deal? Also, what was the criteria for being selected? I sure would've liked a chance to offer feedback as well.

I must have missed it, damn. I remember some of you from when we were discussing physics, and I was impressed with your knowledge back then, so I trust you will help push things in right direction!

About the bodyroll and suspenion stiffness, for me it looks already looks very good, especially if you look in detail of the gameplay, it are not 2CV, haha. 

JorritVD said:
About the bodyroll and suspenion stiffness, for me it looks already looks very good, especially if you look in detail of the gameplay, it are not 2CV, haha. 

Hmm that looks quite accurate after all. Not sure what gives me the feeling in the video that everything seems too stiff. Maybe I just need to wait for more gameplay footage before coming to this kind of conclusions :mrgreen:

Thinking about ruts, in real life the Polish ruts are absolutely crazy, specially in wet weather.

Really curious how this will be simulated in the game.

SamRWD said:
ShodanCat said:

I must have missed it, damn. I remember some of you from when we were discussing physics, and I was impressed with your knowledge back then, so I trust you will help push things in right direction!
I wondered why you hadn't signed up for it

Thinking about ruts, in real life the Polish ruts are absolutely crazy, specially in wet weather.

I bet it wont be simulated at all.

Jepsertti said:
JorritVD said:

Hmm that looks quite accurate after all. Not sure what gives me the feeling in the video that everything seems too stiff. Maybe I just need to wait for more gameplay footage before coming to this kind of conclusions :mrgreen:
Chase can make anything look weird as well. 

I’ve done rallies in wales before when it’s been so bad it’s literally two trenches down the middle of the road, and you might as well just be running on rails. It’s not fun

SamRWD said:
ShodanCat said:

I missed it too :(

Jepsertti said:
Might be how the camera works, the position of the cameras, how the "talented" media were driving and set-up. Maybe the dampers are a bit hard though, as on gravel the car is shaking, while if you see real life footage ussually the dampers and suspension take care of that and the body of the car stays kinda smooth. But again, this is maybe something set-up and that needs to smooth out or the ingame the gravel is more rough. So far it seems the over agrresive braking from D4 is gone and the physics made a step forward again. 

Yea I hope the rutting is event specific. I think it was Poland 2017 (WRC) some of the stages had been properly dug up a treat. Would be nice to get that variation between different gravel events whereas on some Welsh stages the road just gets polished like glass in some areas and ploughed on others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KpJbni2PE

Some car list gossip. Skip to 6:26 and read the card that says "Over 50 cars"

C3 R5 and a Camaro.

I don't speak Japanese or know if this is legit, but this is a gossip thread right :)

I don't speak Japanese or know if this is legit, but this is a gossip thread right :)
I do a bit, if you have a specific fragments you want to get translated, I can try to help if I have a minute.
As for 6:26 he uses a "content information (valid) as for September 2018" and then he talks about locations and is wondering about each country's surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KpJbni2PE

Some car list gossip. Skip to 6:26 and read the card that says "Over 50 cars"

C3 R5 and a Camaro.

Both have been confirmed already on the dirt rally 2.0 website!

Both have been confirmed already on the dirt rally 2.0 website!
Really? I only see some screenshots and a summary of the game on the website. No car information.
The information is on this one, not dirtrally2.com: http://www.codemasters.com/game/dirt-rally-2-0/

Ok, I just checked, its right there on the Steam page.

If all the D4 R5 cars are also returning, then this will be a really diverse car class.