Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

Ok, I just checked, its right there on the Steam page.

If all the D4 R5 cars are also returning, then this will be a really diverse car class.
Also check this for all confirmed cars: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/140650/dirt-rally-2-0-confirmed-car-list/p1

Is Your Stage coming? After a while we'll know  the normal tracks by heart.
If it's not coming into the game, maybe the dailies could be generated with it?

cgiugu said:
Is Your Stage coming? After a while we'll know  the normal tracks by heart.
If it's not coming into the game, maybe the dailies could be generated with it?
Not at the moment, all stages so far are crafted after real world locations like they were in DR. Highly doubtful we'll see your stage as a DLC later on, but if enough sales... we never know. I think it'd work well as an addon later on to the already great handcrafted stages .

I highly doubt your stage will make an appearance. I don't think they could render it as well as the hand crafted ones and they would look out of place in comparison. With the promise of DLC in terms of new locations should keep things fresh enough though I would hope. I for one am certainly glad we are going back to hand crafted stages.

I highly doubt your stage will make an appearance. I don't think they could render it as well as the hand crafted ones and they would look out of place in comparison. With the promise of DLC in terms of new locations should keep things fresh enough though I would hope. I for one am certainly glad we are going back to hand crafted stages.
I was hoping for revised Your Stage, but you are right- DLC with locations should keep things fresh. It depends on stages numbers and length per location though.

Not sure if it was answered, but do we know anything about mod support?  

SamRWD said:
ShodanCat said:
So are you guys who were contacted to provide feedback still actively participating in the process, or was it a one-and-done kind of deal? Also, what was the criteria for being selected? I sure would've liked a chance to offer feedback as well.

They asked for beta testers on the forum about a year ago
I must have missed it, damn. I remember some of you from when we were discussing physics, and I was impressed with your knowledge back then, so I trust you will help push things in right direction!
I missed it too :(
I think it must have been in some kind of closed-off forum section for VIPs since I'm lurking regularly and didn't see it anywhere - there was only a sign up for F1 beta.

versedi said:
SamRWD said:
ShodanCat said:
So are you guys who were contacted to provide feedback still actively participating in the process, or was it a one-and-done kind of deal? Also, what was the criteria for being selected? I sure would've liked a chance to offer feedback as well.

They asked for beta testers on the forum about a year ago
I must have missed it, damn. I remember some of you from when we were discussing physics, and I was impressed with your knowledge back then, so I trust you will help push things in right direction!
I missed it too :(
I think it must have been in some kind of closed-off forum section for VIPs since I'm lurking regularly and didn't see it anywhere - there was only a sign up for F1 beta.
Yep, I have been in F1 Beta and it was in a VIP section also, I hope beta testing in DR2.0 gets bigger and @SamRWD and me can get into it  :)

Areyouben said:
Has that been confirmed though? I haven't seen anyone from Codies say anything about Your Stage at all (which in away might confirm it).
Can't remember if they said that it's absolutely out, but in one of the interviews Ross said all stages are bespoke.

Areyouben said:
Let's hope we get 4 or more long stages per location then, having just 2 per location would get old real quick. :/
I agree. I think 2 stages did get stale. But more than that, they lacked the variety that a country offers. Like Argentina should have 2 high altitude rocky mountain stages and perhaps 2 lower altitude faster stages. Germany should have had vineyard stages as well as the military stages etc.

when is the show seen its today across social media a time would be handy ? :p

dgeesi0 said:
when is the show seen its today across social media a time would be handy ? :p
"later".  ;)

I am bummed Your Stage is out. Yes I'm perfectly aware the first iteration of it was lacking, but it could have been improved. Now we will all learn the stages by heart within a few weeks like we always do with rally games.

Yea a time would help. Do you expect me to just watch the YouTube channel until something happens??!........I mean I will watch the YouTube channel until something happens BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT

#NoYourStageNoBuy? :D I'm sure they have worked on the tech but maybe they haven't been able to improve the Your Stage tech enough to make the step in quality the community asked for after D4?

Areyouben said:
#NoYourStageNoBuy? :D I'm sure they have worked on the tech but maybe they haven't been able to improve the Your Stage tech enough to make the step in quality the community asked for after D4?
My thoughts exactly, this doesn't mean its the end of the technology.

Areyouben said:
True, I am just speaking about Dirt Rally 2.0 though. I completely understand the pros of detailed hand crafted stages, I just personally see so much more potential with more time put into a procedural generation system with the capability to keep the rally experience fresh. But it's a moot point for now since it's clearly out for at least the next game.

ShodanCat said:
Areyouben said:
True, I am just speaking about Dirt Rally 2.0 though. I completely understand the pros of detailed hand crafted stages, I just personally see so much more potential with more time put into a procedural generation system with the capability to keep the rally experience fresh. But it's a moot point for now since it's clearly out for at least the next game.
I agree, it was a great idea which maybe could have done with another year or two of dev time to make it really great and I do hope it comes back in future

Enjoy, im short my body is long 9 characters

I'm not sure if it's 16:30 UTC+1 or +2 (+2 should have started already but a delay is possible)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NXyxQmMQ0