DiRTy Gossip

Areyouben said:
the Renault RX isn't really a manufacturers effort is it?
No. I understand it was hoped to be, but that's another story...

...I still think the Megane is one of the most capable cars on the grid though. Prodrive seem to have gone all out with the design. 

The max length of El Condor is roughly 30km using a part of tarmac like WRC did in 2012, El Condor-Cuesta Blanca, so I suppose there is another argentinean stage or the 18km of full gravel El Condor Copina cant be enough

bogani said:
Flykas said:
bogani said:
Flykas said:
In GameRiot's video on Youtube, you can see the road deformation icon, right in the beginning of the stage.

There seems to be 3 levels of deformation.

Although a bit basic, its still a never before seen gameplay feature in a rally game, to my knowledge. Pretty cool.
Well, actually the often mentioned Richard Burns Rally had this feature. 
What? I have zero memories of that other than that there are ruts here and there. 

Or are you talking about mods? 

No, vanilla game. Have you beaten it? Or at least finished some championships? There are ruts but they get deeper over time depending on your starting position and also some cuts on inside corners get really rough, really fun:] 
Interesting. Can't really remember, such a long time ago. 
As far as I remember it was only visual, didn't really affect the grip or anything. I'd love to be proven wrong on this though.

We've seen bridges in the trailer already, so I imagine the other Argentinian stage is the other part. Would be nice for CM to confirm the same '2 stage' format as DR1.

after the dirt show there is one thing that I can say... the "random wipper on" bug from D4 is still present :( 

bogani said:
Flykas said:
bogani said:
Flykas said:
In GameRiot's video on Youtube, you can see the road deformation icon, right in the beginning of the stage.

Although a bit basic, its still a never before seen gameplay feature in a rally game, to my knowledge. Pretty cool.
What? I have zero memories of that other than that there are ruts here and there. 

No, vanilla game. Have you beaten it? Or at least finished some championships? There are ruts but they get deeper over time depending on your starting position and also some cuts on inside corners get really rough, really fun:] 
As far as I remember it was only visual, didn't really affect the grip or anything. I'd love to be proven wrong on this though.

Definitely affected grip, I didn't remember it being visual myself!

Still some questions over road deformation.

So positions 1-5 have to sweep the road

Positions 5-10 get the sweet spot

And then positions 10-100 get Rutted stage. Is that the same level of wear for position 10 as position 100 or will it get progressively worse?

Dirt Rally 2.0 Part 2: Rally Consultant Interview and Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nK7b7e_Y0

bogani said:
Flykas said:
bogani said:
Flykas said:

Definitely affected grip, I didn't remember it being visual myself!
RBR had "new", "normal" and "worn" deformation levels that changed the road texture and grip levels.

Still some questions over road deformation.

So positions 1-5 have to sweep the road

Positions 5-10 get the sweet spot

And then positions 10-100 get Rutted stage. Is that the same level of wear for position 10 as position 100 or will it get progressively worse?
I hope that's not fixed and that surface type & weather is also a factor like in real life rallying.
For dry gravel then indeed u want to be down in the starting order so the loose gravel is swept away, but for wet gravel it's best to be first so the gravel sticks together more and u have better grip.
For tarmac it's also best to be first to avoid dirt & rocks getting thrown onto the road.

¿What new car you think that you will? It would be good and the Citroen BX Group B... 

Watching the Golf in Argentina was more reassuring.
https://www.facebook.com/dirtgame/videos/237179056959585/

kheiro said:

Watching the Quattro in Argentina was more reassuring.
That was still the Golf

Didzis said:
kheiro said:

That was still the Golf

19:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=w6NXyxQmMQ0

kheiro said:
Didzis said:
kheiro said:

That was still the Golf

Yup, still Golf.

Jepsertti said:
kheiro said:
Didzis said:
kheiro said:

That was still the Golf

Yup, still Golf

It's not the sound of a Audi Quattro S1 Group B.
I'm Sorry.

kheiro said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 Part 2: Rally Consultant Interview and Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nK7b7e_Y0
TeamVVV is actually capturing key factor that will make this game a masterpiece. On the first part you see a moment of total loss uncoverable control & have quite a realistic behavior.

At first glance...
The car seem to plow straight for a brief moment when driving over the limit which is quite realistic at 2:06. (in most sim, it's progressive which is just wrong)

No clearing the corner being faster while understeering from the beginning to the end (having the steering still full locked at the end of the exit phase)

Seriously I can't wait to try out. Everything seem so playful even with a fwd car.

I did find Jon's comment interesting about the degradation progression, it still sounds like there is progression of degradation outside of the 3 main sections.

We've seen bridges in the trailer already, so I imagine the other Argentinian stage is the other part. Would be nice for CM to confirm the same '2 stage' format as DR1.
Would be even nicer if they confirmed a ‘4 stage’, ‘8 stage’, or ‘16 stage’ format. :lol:

Don't want to dig out the undeads but anyone have any idea why Mister Coleman has left the ship? I'm sorry if I'm a little late to the party and it has been discussed to hell and back but it burns my mind so much each time I think about it, I cannot get over it.

He was so fond and proud to be working on what seemed like his dream project... we could feel his dedication in interviews, he was a great communicator too and it sounded like DiRT Rally was fulfilling two of it's biggest passion: rallying and game development.

So to me leaving such a project to go working for a small, unknown indie developer making mobile games doesn't make sense at all... it seems like a big step back. Now having said that, I'm not here to judge... maybe he like more his current position in this company or he's closer to home, etc but I just wonder if he's been vocal about it as I haven't seen anything about it in social medias. If he didn't want to talk about it for personnal or professional reason it's very understandable and I respect that but I'm just curious what has been said.

On another note, I think the new game director is doing a great job at replacing Coleman and I would like to know a little more about him... is he a new employee or he's been working on the first DiRT Rally too?

Thanks guys for putting me back on track! 

Paul is also a big family guy, and i think it was for his family that he moved.

Ross has worked at CM for years and is also friends with Paul.