DiRTy Gossip

If only we could see some new locations instead of always New Zealand and Argentinia

sqdstr said:
If only we could see some new locations instead of always New Zealand and Argentinia
Next time. ;) We can't give it all away straight away, we want you to keep on coming back for more!

sqdstr said:
Next time. ;) We can't give it all away straight away, we want you to keep on coming back for more!
I already preordered ;) can I have a private livestream now to show me more?  B) :D

I'm bummed the Porsche wasn't ready to show. I hope you guys can do separate video (pre-recorded maybe?) just to show it off. Really want to hear the sound more than anything :)

sqdstr said:
sqdstr said:
I already preordered ;) can I have a private livestream now to show me more?  B) :D
Whoa whoa whoa, I think private live-streams are reserved for the more shadier places on the internet

Just as they delayed the porsche showcase to a later time when it's ready to be shown, I hope they do the same with the game release date if it's not ready to be launched by their QA standards and if necessary. First impressions count a lot, and so does money. I don't think anyone would be upset if the game needed to be delayed in order to improve it. With delays or not, the money is still available via pre-orders.

#DiRT4NeverForget

Maybe on the next stream we can see john driving on roads in different conditions. Rutted up dry stages and maybe some wet weather ?

Also those hand gestures by the driver at the end of the Argentinia stage looked really cool

sqdstr said:
sqdstr said:
Speaking of pre-orders, is there any more news on steelbook editions yet @ChristinaMc?

Something i'd like to see implemented in DR 2.0 is, for example, when using Hood Cam, hear Cockpit Sounds, instead of the Hood Sounds. An option to choose between, cockpit, hood and rear sounds, no matter what cam we choose to play.

Alf72 said:
Something i'd like to see implemented in DR 2.0 is, for example, when using Hood Cam, hear Cockpit Sounds, instead of the Hood Sounds. An option to choose between, cockpit, hood and rear sounds, no matter what cam we choose to play.
We were discussing this recently. It might be possible to have cockpit sounds on the bonnet, but moving any other positions would be problematic, if simply not possible. Can't promise anything ATM sorry.

Just watching the podcast and on the first couple of corners I am sold. The car does such a smooth drift through the long corners. You never could do that in dirt4 (where the car always tried to straighten up) and even in dirt rally it was never that smooth.

Oh trust me, the sliding and throttle control used and demonstrated in the video, is real, you're gonna love it.

Surprised no one mentioned the car ahead of you leaving the start line as you roll up.
We saw that last stream as well  B)

Surprised no one mentioned the car ahead of you leaving the start line as you roll up.
The hype when I saw, man I just hope we get more little QoL things like that. Not super useful, but damn does it add to the immersion

Yes and perhaps more exciting is the car waiting behind you. Interesting indeed. Suggests maybe you can be caught by it perhaps?

10 PTS for correctly identifying both models?

Rallystu2 said:
Yes and perhaps more exciting is the car waiting behind you. Interesting indeed. Suggests maybe you can be caught by it perhaps?

10 PTS for correctly identifying both models?
Looks like an Alpine A110 up front? Hard to tell but those rounded curves really make me lean that 

And maybe some weird bodystyle Peugeot? Hard to tell, that bright green isn't helping me ID any sharp telling angles. Actually the more I look at it could it be a 131 Abarath? Should be the same class I think

I thought the car behind was a fiat. But the car Infront I wasn't sure. Could be an alpine. Has smatterings of Saab about it as well but didn't get a close enough view on my mobile

Rallystu2 said:
I thought the car behind was a fiat. But the car Infront I wasn't sure. Could be an alpine. Has smatterings of Saab about it as well but didn't get a close enough view on my mobile
This help at all?