DiRTy Gossip

Hey Codies, Canada has gravel and snow rallies and the tarmac Targa Newfoundland rally. If you need some variety for North American events. ;)

Areyouben said:
USA is not going to be a gravel rally. That was confirmed kind of under the radar last month:
Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces. It was making sure they felt spot on, because the difference you feel between a surface in Poland which is incredibly fine, against Argentina which is incredibly heavy, we wanted to make sure that players were able to feel the differences between those two as well. So yeah, that combines very nicely.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/
USA is either tarmac or snow, if you don't count that as loose.
Two things:
1 - I don't think Codemasters would ship a rally game without a snow location in the base content. Unless they intend to send a message on global warming? I still defend SnoDrift as the real-world rally that's replicated.
2 - Does anyone know of a tarmac rally in the US? I don't. If someone does, please tell me so that I can look it up. If they did a tarmac US, it would be fictional.
I think it's safe to say it won't be conventional gravel rally. Tarmac maybe. To say there's no tarmac rallies in USA is daft, it's a massive country plenty of opportunity . I can't see it being snow.

To say there's no tarmac rallies in USA is daft, it's a massive country plenty of opportunity . I can't see it being snow.
As I've mentioned before, plenty of snow in Alaska ?

Rallystu2 said:
Areyouben said:
USA is not going to be a gravel rally. That was confirmed kind of under the radar last month:
Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces. It was making sure they felt spot on, because the difference you feel between a surface in Poland which is incredibly fine, against Argentina which is incredibly heavy, we wanted to make sure that players were able to feel the differences between those two as well. So yeah, that combines very nicely.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/
USA is either tarmac or snow, if you don't count that as loose.
Two things:
1 - I don't think Codemasters would ship a rally game without a snow location in the base content. Unless they intend to send a message on global warming? I still defend SnoDrift as the real-world rally that's replicated.
2 - Does anyone know of a tarmac rally in the US? I don't. If someone does, please tell me so that I can look it up. If they did a tarmac US, it would be fictional.
I think it's safe to say it won't be conventional gravel rally. Tarmac maybe. To say there's no tarmac rallies in USA is daft, it's a massive country plenty of opportunity . I can't see it being snow.
ahem: Sno*Drift Michigan? Rally on Snow, but withour any studs, would actually be quite interesting. I'd also take a Snow or gravel Rally in the Rockies, Alaska or the Cascades.

But tarmac really seems unlikely, if it shall compare to european tarmac... With american roads being super wide and super straight at many places... where would it be, even fictional?

As far as I remember all USA locations in CMR/DiRT have been on loose surfaces.

And it would be indeed strange if it will be tarmac, as both the Argentinian and New Zealand have based on real locations and USA will be complete fictional.

So my guess it will be loose or snow stages. And I won’t be surprised it will be both with seasons possible. last time I mentioned this, someone said this is almost the same as making two rallies as Paul mentioned that years ago. But I’m not that sure about that if that still is the case. CM developed possible things to make seasons easier. They also created YourStage and for example also Project CARS and Forza have different seasons.

Maybe all locations have different seasons, but maybe the USA location will be the only which has winter.

USA seems like it could only be gravel but it seems like too many gravel stages at launch. Perhaps snow but it's a very left field choice for a snow rally. There are good tarmac roads in New York state for instance but again it would be unusual. 

As posted above, USA is not going to be loose gravel, that has been confirmed.

The Sno*Drift rally in Michigan is pretty cool, so my chips are on that.

https://youtu.be/74tOt6G_-zY

All stages are supposed to have real life counterparts so it should be based on a real road. Can it be anything else than Snow Drift? 

It will be disappointing if its Tarmac.  A little disappointing if they go back to Michigan AGAIN, too.  This is a huge country with a lot of great rally locations, we now have zero tarmac rallys in the US, its never been a thing over here because of laws/insurance/lawyers its easier to get forest services to allow the events.  

I'm not sure why USA is represented rather poorly (fantasyland) in CM games.  If EU/UK locations would be done in the same way, you guys would lose your ****.  I don't know, I guess we are more expensive to travel to?  

Please surprise me Codies.  

JorritVD said:
As far as I remember all USA locations in CMR/DiRT have been on loose surfaces.
Michigan in DiRT 3 was mixed surface with asphalt and gravel IIRC.

Last time an American rally made the wrc was in the 80's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Rally
if the game is basing all stages on real roads, could this be a contender? 

What is the most iconic rally in America at the moment?

Oregon trail                                                                                           
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYMHUnZ5Ms

It even has some tarmac sections
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIhBTpiAk00

That's an interesting surprise; I did prefer DR's liveries to the ones D4 came up with, so I'm all for that if there are several bespoke ones, hopefully more will be added with DLC down the line if so (especially when the Polo R5 starts getting used in privateer hands).

Though I do hope they retain the "Your name + number in the window" feature, But then again I can probably just mod that in like in DR

bogani said:
No livery editor at launch according to Jon on Instagram! 
That Does Sound, like, Livery Editor will give much more Freedom this time, thats very good news, for Us Console Players

bogani said:
No livery editor at launch according to Jon on Instagram! 
But they had one in Dirt 4... This is really disappointing. :/

Though I do hope they retain the "Your name + number in the window" feature, But then again I can probably just mod that in like in DR
If they included a folder somewhere with blank skins with wireframes, like AC did, that would be awesome :D 

The livery editor was very limited in D4 so if they implement it, it should be much more advanced or simply don't have it atall and just give us plenty of great bespoke liveries to choose from. 

On the Steelbook - it's with our Sales team now to work out retailers. We're aiming to get this live pre-Christmas though, in terms of timings.

On cars - once the car list is locked in and licensed, we'll do a big Road Book on all the new cars, vehicle updates, and everything else in-between!

On the Steelbook - it's with our Sales team now to work out retailers. We're aiming to get this live pre-Christmas though, in terms of timings.

On cars - once the car list is locked in and licensed, we'll do a big Road Book on all the new cars, vehicle updates, and everything else in-between!
Double win. Thanks @ChristinaMc, I would like to get my pre-order in early, but I'd like that shiny steelbook on my shelf! (Fingers crossed that the steelbook will be available in a package that allows us to get all the pre-order bonuses as well).

Great news on the car list as well: just the community day to surprise us with now! :D

Post from Prodrive on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/prodriveofficial/photos/pcb.2433609283335697/2433608120002480/?type=3&theater

Codemasters will be recording the Porsche 911 SC RS tomorrow: confirmation of a new car, or are they adapting this sound for the modern Porsche?