DiRTy Gossip

Oscar97 said:
Doesn't the RGT sound virtually identical to a regular GT3 RS?
more like a 22b                       

Unlock.

Unlock.

They are telling you what is in the Deluxe edition, not what is DLC.

It's referring to including the first two DLCs and says each DLC includes five early vehicle unlocks. I imagine it's meant to be five vehicles, but that's not what it says.

Unlock.

Unlock.

It's referring to including the first two DLCs and says each DLC includes five early vehicle unlocks. I imagine it's meant to be five vehicles, but that's not what it says.
The 5 early unlocks are already in the base game. With the deluxe addition however, you don't need to earn them through building up currency etc.

The dlc seasons are paid for optional extra content including locations and cars not already in the base game.

Rallystu2 said:
Unlock.

Unlock.

The 5 early unlocks are already in the base game. With the deluxe addition however, you don't need to earn them through building up currency etc.

The dlc seasons are paid for optional extra content including locations and cars not already in the base game.

Yes, I'm aware of how DLC works. But if you read the press release I linked to, it says 3 new locations and 5 "early vehicle unlocks" per 'season'. I'm asking if that's a mistake.

Rallystu2 said:
Unlock.

Unlock.

Yes, I'm aware of how DLC works. But if you read the press release I linked to, it says 3 new locations and 5 "early vehicle unlocks" per 'season'. I'm asking if that's a mistake.

Ah I see where you mean. I think since they said "vehicles unlocks" it seems theres a typo issue somewhere. 5 vehicles per season seems an awful lot imo given there will be 50 cars at launch. The fact that it says early access possibly means that everyone will get the same cars but unless they paid for the deluxe addition then they will have to earn them using in game currency

AHH I see.  Yeah, slightly ambiguous wording.

Unsure ifits unlocks as you might have already unlocked the cars when the first season DLC hits.

5 cars sounds amazing, and whilst it's most likely the wording it's meant to be, 5 seems high with our pessimism ;)

Ok, I read cm's page of that graphic and it's clear there.

It's just an extra 5 early car unlocks, nothing different.

Ok, I read cm's page of that graphic and it's clear there.

It's just an extra 5 early car unlocks, nothing different.

In fairness, I assume it's a typo because Codies' official store reads:

Dirt Season I: x3 tracks x5 cars In-Game Bonuses High reward events

https://store.codemasters.com/uk/product/500551/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-edition
With all this talk of 'bonuses' and 'rewards', which I'd personally rather not be sold, I would like a confirmation that there'll be none of this micro-transaction 'pay to unlock stuff sooner' approach that all these 'free'-to-play games are taking these days.

dgeesi0 said:
Oscar97 said:
Doesn't the RGT sound virtually identical to a regular GT3 RS?
more like a 22b                       

Honestly I don't care if they let people unlock cars for money.  Doesn't affect me at all.  All cars are already unlocked in a custom race anyway.

I don't like early unlocks. It's like paying to have someone play part of the game for you.
An extra £ for a copy of the Times with the crossword already filled in?

Honestly I don't care if they let people unlock cars for money.  Doesn't affect me at all.  All cars are already unlocked in a custom race anyway.
Hope so, would like to see it confirmed.

Custom events have all cars unlocked be default. They've done it in every single Dirt I can remember, that is the entire point of customs - to run fully upgraded cars without buying them.

They had some popular liveries locked though in Dirt4. I want to run the Scooby with correct livery but have to play the game to unlock that (I'm more a collector/hoarder haha)

They had some popular liveries locked though in Dirt4. I want to run the Scooby with correct livery but have to play the game to unlock that (I'm more a collector/hoarder haha)
As there's been no word on that, I'm hoping that goes back to the style from DR where you could just cycle through liveries in custom gameplay. Would understand if you're 'hired' by teams with fixed liveries in the career mode.

Yay! Christina just confirmed on Facebook that Porshe will only be avaiable through pre-order! Hooray for malicious pre-order culture!

"We're but a small company."

Custom events have all cars unlocked be default. They've done it in every single Dirt I can remember, that is the entire point of customs - to run fully upgraded cars without buying them.
From Red Bull interview:
"...as well as an expanded Custom mode that allows players to jump straight in with whatever combination of vehicles or locations they want and play that by themselves or online with others."
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dirt-rally2-interview-codemasters

Yay! Christina just confirmed on Facebook that Porshe will only be avaiable through pre-order! Hooray for malicious pre-order culture!

"We're but a small company."
*Will not only be...

I believe exclusives not available afterwards are actually banned in Steam, not sure about the other platforms.

From Red Bull interview:
"...as well as an expanded Custom mode that allows players to jump straight in with whatever combination of vehicles or locations they want and play that by themselves or online with others."
https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/dirt-rally2-interview-codemasters
Thanks!

Day One edition of Dirt 4 had the Hyundai R5 which can be purchased on Steam for $2.99, so presumably the Porsche will be something similar... so pre-order is a saving, not an exclusive. And the deluxe version includes the first 2 DLC's which again is a saving (presumably), not an exclusive.

So those that want to take a punt and pay early get some savings and slightly early access. And those that don't, can get the same stuff later for more. Or wait even longer for a Steam sale and pay even less (I got Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 for $10 a pop - which for 315 hours and counting hours of gameplay is insane value, so happy to pre-pay full price to Codies for the next one)

Seems like the buyer can make their choice on all of this depending on what they want, so pretty consumer friendly as far as I am concerned.

In that facebook post they're saying that the seasons dlc will bring more content (cars & tracks).
So that would mean that they actually are new cars and not unlocks in the game itself?