DiRTy Gossip

sqdstr said:
In that facebook post they're saying that the seasons dlc will bring more content (cars & tracks).
So that would mean that they actually are new cars and not unlocks in the game itself?
Correct.

I personally don't see anything wrong with including a car as pre order only. I have no qualms with people disagreeing with that methodology but it has a track record of securing pre sales which are important for companies nowadays. And it rewards us fanatics with a new toy.

Will the 'day one edition' only be available at the beginning or will that be available later on as well? If it is I really see no problem. 

bogani said:
Will the 'day one edition' only be available at the beginning or will that be available later on as well? If it is I really see no problem. 
Its only For Pre-order and realase date, after that, only way is to buy separatly Porsche, when after some time past, they put it as DLC

Rallystu2 said:
I personally don't see anything wrong with including a car as pre order only. I have no qualms with people disagreeing with that methodology but it has a track record of securing pre sales which are important for companies nowadays. And it rewards us fanatics with a new toy.
Yeah, its a bit of risk/reward - Risk taking a chance that this will be a great title and get a bonus car as a reward for taking that risk.

Personally, I think they are going in the right direction with this title, so the risk is low.  

And it also comes down if you want to support the studio by having faith and contributing with €€€ towards the base investment they made and also already contributing to the future DLC scene.

I wanted to believe that this title is gonna make justice to the DiRT Rally so I decided to pre-order the deluxe edition, knowing I can be getting the same risk i did with D4's pre-order. But it's pretty straightforward: if this one ends being a flop as well, it's the last time I pre-order.

gfRally said:
Rallystu2 said:
Personally, I think they are going in the right direction with this title, so the risk is low.  
I agree with you, but I'll need a bit more convincing this time - the whole, 'fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me...'  vibe is the counter argument to that, and I definitely felt fooled last time by the promises made about Your Stage tech. I don't have big expectations for the road order features this time, so that likely won't be an issue.

AIPacino said:
But it's pretty straightforward: if this one ends being a flop as well, it's the last time I pre-order.
I'm in a similar boat to this - I would like to either pre-order or get a season pass committing to the DLC, but want to know more first; not because I'm looking for a specific answer, but because I want some honesty and to be informed of the 'downsides' up front.

- Car list and class split
- How many unique KMs of stages are there?
- How flexible are career / custom events?
- How does the AI function, what improvements have been made?
- (the big one) What's the plan for DLC (how are locations split, seeing as I have no interest in RX)?
- How will DLC integrate with the game (e.g. Project CARS' isn't useable in career mode)?
- What are the potential plans for DR1 locations?

In summary, please keep doing streams like last Friday's Codies; show different cars, different stages, different gameplay modes and be honest about things that won't be everything to everyone on Day 1.

Sorry if they're impractical sometimes, but show off aspects of the game up front; before DiRT 4's launch it felt very much as though you hid away proper gameplay footage until the last moment before launch. 

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I just took a look at 2.0's pre-order-stuff and am kind of confused. What's up with the part about the Opel Kadett?
Does it work like with the Porsche in that you can't access the car at all if you don't pre-order (at any of those "specific retailers", whoever they are)? Or is it only an "early unlock" like those 5 deluxe-edition cars?
(Please let it only be the latter ... I really dislike retailer specific incentives, especially if it's not just cosmetics or similar, but actual content) :(

I agree completely with @rodgerdavies. Though I am getting this game no question I did feel burned by dirt 4's promises. I would like codies to be more open about the game. I know that drip feeding info is all part of the marketing roadmap but there are some crucial bits of information that in my opinion should be laid out very early on. Particularly in the case of unique stage miles. This is a huge point for me as although I still play DR1 the stages get incredibly repetitive. I will certainly be disappointed if they haven't at least doubled it.
I mean I'll still buy it but I'll  be a bit miffed if it's only the one stage again.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I just took a look at 2.0's pre-order-stuff and am kind of confused. What's up with the part about the Opel Kadett?
Does it work like with the Porsche in that you can't access the car at all if you don't pre-order (at any of those "specific retailers", whoever they are)? Or is it only an "early unlock" like those 5 deluxe-edition cars?
(Please let it only be the latter ... I really dislike retailer specific incentives, especially if it's not just cosmetics or similar, but actual content) :(
Its only unlocked(for free in game, like Hyundai R5 in Dirt4) from begining in "Career Mode" or Whatever its called, the Car will be in any game edition

Rallystu2 said:
I agree completely with @rodgerdavies. Though I am getting this game no question I did feel burned by dirt 4's promises. I would like codies to be more open about the game. I know that drip feeding info is all part of the marketing roadmap but there are some crucial bits of information that in my opinion should be laid out very early on. Particularly in the case of unique stage miles. This is a huge point for me as although I still play DR1 the stages get incredibly repetitive. I will certainly be disappointed if they haven't at least doubled it.
I mean I'll still buy it but I'll  be a bit miffed if it's only the one stage again.
EXACTLY.............................just tell us about stages and tarmac physics revisions and what was redone to make this a sequel, which hopefully came about based on feedback from us fans .

@Rallystu2 @RodgerDavies @Madhun1967 I am surprised you guys haven't figured it out yet. Codies has a special marketing machine that overlooks the lacking areas and hypes what they consider "new", "groundbreaking" or "unique in the genre". They only respond to/confirm questions that could lead to another pre-order. If they don't talk about it then it's a pretty good indication that it won't be in the game or it will be similar to the way it was before. So my observations based on what we have seen/heard so far:

• Leagues/Clubs: not mentioned and they don't answer people who ask - Leagues OUT
  • VR: "Maybe". Despite the #NoVrNoBuy movement polluting FB, Reddit, YouTube, etc... they don't say anything about VR - VR OUT
  • Physics: Looking much better but then again we were promised that in D4. Actively hyped by Codies - Physics COULD GO EITHER WAY but I am optimistic
  • Content: No confirmation/hype over expanding the paltry 140km of DiRT Rally. They don't answer people who ask - Content WILL BE THE SAME 72 stage cut-up reverse marketing gimmick as DiRT Rally
  • Surface deformation: Actively hyped, poorly implemented. Why do the first five cars all have the same conditions? It should be car 1 road sweeping, cars 2 & 3 loose but better than car 1, cars 4-10 optimum, cars 11-150 ruts. The way they are implemented means we will be seeing the same conditions 99% of our runs - Deformation is a MARKETING GIMMICK
  • Tyre choice: Finally! Probably the only real new feature here, and it's about time. Amazing that the official WRC games were the only ones this gen that had tire choice and tyre wear - KUDOS TO CODIES FOR THIS
  • Post-launch support: It's not support, it's selling DLC
This game to me is just overpriced DiRT Rally DLC without the original DR content inside. The marketing machine has to tread carefully to sell us an $80 DR DLC. So don't expect a whole lot of sincerity during this pre-order period.

Forgive me if I sound rude but this time I will not fall for the hype. I will definitely buy the game eventually since I am a rally freak but I will not pay eighty bucks for what should be a DLC for DR rather than a full-priced game with so few new features.

EDIT: Forgot the most important part: please, please, please Codies prove me wrong on my critical points. I would like nothing more than to eat my hat after release and pay full price because you have done things right this time.

@Rallystu2 @RodgerDavies @Madhun1967 I am surprised you guys haven't figured it out yet. Codies has a special marketing machine that overlooks the lacking areas and hypes what they consider "new", "groundbreaking" or "unique in the genre". They only respond to/confirm questions that could lead to another pre-order. If they don't talk about it then it's a pretty good indication that it won't be in the game or it will be similar to the way it was before. So my observations based on what we have seen/heard so far:

• Leagues/Clubs: not mentioned and they don't answer people who ask - Leagues OUT
  • VR: "Maybe". Despite the #NoVrNoBuy movement polluting FB, Reddit, YouTube, etc... they don't say anything about VR - VR OUT
  • Physics: Looking much better but then again we were promised that in D4. Actively hyped by Codies - Physics COULD GO EITHER WAY but I am optimistic
  • Content: No confirmation/hype over expanding the paltry 140km of DiRT Rally. They don't answer people who ask - Content WILL BE THE SAME 72 stage cut-up reverse marketing gimmick as DiRT Rally
  • Surface deformation: Actively hyped, poorly implemented. Why do the first five cars all have the same conditions? It should be car 1 road sweeping, cars 2 & 3 loose but better than car 1, cars 4-10 optimum, cars 11-150 ruts. The way they are implemented means we will be seeing the same conditions 99% of our runs - Deformation is a MARKETING GIMMICK
  • Tyre choice: Finally! Probably the only real new feature here, and it's about time. Amazing that the official WRC games were the only ones this gen that had tire choice and tyre wear - KUDOS TO CODIES FOR THIS
This game to me is just overpriced DiRT Rally DLC without the original DR content inside. The marketing machine has to tread carefully to sell us an $80 DR DLC. So don't expect a whole lot of sincerity during this pre-order period.

Forgive me if I sound rude but this time I will not fall for the hype. I will definitely buy the game eventually since I am a rally freak but I will not pay eighty bucks for what should be a DLC for DR rather than a full-priced game with so few new features.

EDIT: Forgot the most important part: please, please, please Codies prove me wrong on my critical points. I would like nothing more than to eat my hat after release and pay full price because you have done things right this time.
Would you like salt & vinegar with that Hat?

;) 

Oscar97 said:
Codemasters' marketting team is terrible, but that's not new.
To be fair I think it's the publisher that is pushing hsrdest for pre-orders and exclusive content and what not. 

That's the thing. Codmasters are their own publisher for the most part. In the past, they were big into publishing game.

I'm not being quite as cynical as @ludwigvonmises but I get his point. But to me I only feel cheated by D4, that game as a rally game was awful. But they've only burnt me once and I'll  happily give them another chance with this. Dirt rally was what it was. I loved it, it's just a shame there weren't more miles. The surface degradation thing is something I've dreamed about for a long long time so I'm happy it's being implemented at all but I agree three types of deformation isn't enough. But if it works maybe we can push for double the amount next time round.

So for me I'm placing my faith once again in codemasters hands. I do hope however they remember what a disaster d4 was and are more transparent with us soon. Need that info on stage miles good or bad. Even if it is only the same amount of miles an explanation of why that is so would be appreciated.

Actually, Koch Media owns Deep Silver. And THQ Nordiq owns Koch Media. Koch media is co-publisher in Americas and sole publisher for EMEA region.
Some Indian company own majority stake in Codemasters...

And we wonder why they just can't be honest with us and succumb to scummy practices.

Actually, Koch Media own Deep Silver. And THQ Nordiq own Koch Media. Koch media is co-publisher in Americas and sole publisher for EMEA region.
Some Indian company own majority stake in Codemasters...

And we wonder why they just can't be honest with us and succumb to scummy practices.
That Indian company is Reliance Entertainment. They bought 50% of Codies in 2010 and upped that to 60% in 2013. This is one of the reasons so many Codemasters games seem incomplete or lacking in features and have poor post-release support. The DiRT team must answer to a board room of suits, not us fans. Honestly the last few years I could see the torture in Paul Coleman's face at events and livestreams. Reliance basically has put the DiRT team into a straitjacket. It was particularly painful to watch Paul's suffering trying to cover up the DiRT 4 failure with talk of "default setups" and "running out of time". DiRT 4 was definitely not the product Paul wanted released...

We are just speculating here, but if that is true, that just shows the incompetence on Reliance's side, because DiRT4 costed more than it returned and if they had listened to Paul and to us like they did on DR, we'd be looking for a DiRT Rally 2 big expansion pack here since DiRT4 wouldn't have existed in the first place. Perhaps DR2 would've been released by the time D4 came out, and this could've just been one of their planned seasons to expand the game further, which would've been the best route at the time.
The signs were there, the market wasn't asking for a new DiRT arcade entry but still they went for it and surprise surprise, everyone got screwed including Codemasters. Noone won in that game, except for experience to not repeat the same mistake.

I find it funny that people keep saying that Coedmasters did not say anything about VR, becasue they have mentioned it on the livestream and multiple times on FB, that it won't be available at launch, but,if there will be support they will implement it later. Side note: people who type #NoVRNoBuy are behaving like little spoiled kids. Second things second, it's true that WRC games implemented the tire choice, but it was so poorly done, that you could literally feel no difference between compounds. And the last thing is that, as far as I watch WRC, there seems to be a road sweeping for the front cars even on the second loop, if conditions are dry.