DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
The Mégane RS RX is a nice surprise. It's probably the most interesting car of the 2018 championship.
Agreed. It's my assumption (perhaps wrongly) that if the game is to accurately reflect the 2018 Championship it won't include the Focus RS RX: the Megane would nicely fill that gap...

...that said, if the Subaru is in there then perhaps that is indicative that they are not strictly adhering to the 2018 entry lists and we will see the Focus return. 
Remember they've got a couple of DLCs (at least) to work on too - might be that they keep a couple (MK8 Fiesta, Hyundai?) for those 'Seasons'

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
The Mégane RS RX is a nice surprise. It's probably the most interesting car of the 2018 championship.
Agreed. It's my assumption (perhaps wrongly) that if the game is to accurately reflect the 2018 Championship it won't include the Focus RS RX: the Megane would nicely fill that gap...

...that said, if the Subaru is in there then perhaps that is indicative that they are not strictly adhering to the 2018 entry lists and we will see the Focus return. 
Remember they've got a couple of DLCs (at least) to work on too - might be that they keep a couple (MK8 Fiesta, Hyundai?) for those 'Seasons'
I 100% agree with your theory.

Rallystu2 said:
Renault rx license may open the door for the old Megane rally car! Please pretty please pretty please
Yes I would love to get the Maxi Megane to join the Kit Car class, and maybe the 1985 R5 Maxi Turbo 2? :p

About the RX shot, I did a bit of more reasearch on it (and some maybe already mentioned)
- The Ford Fiesta is noted as MK7. This wasn't the case in DR1 and D4. So we can expect the new MK8 Olsbergs will join aswell. Note that Robin Larsson is posted as fifth driver in Group B.
- Ma Qing Hua is in the game. he only competed at Silverstone. So we could expect all one off entries also in the game.
- Chicherit and the Megane are both noted. So GCK team is confirmed to be in DR2.0
- The factory Peugeots are confirmed now with Loeb and the 208 noted. Also you will see two factory 208 a second later. But nothing known about the privateer 208.
- Bryntesson is a new confirmed driver as well, driving a Fiesta the full ERX season.
- Marklund is confirmed. Not known if he will be in his ERX Polo or WRX Megane or both. Not know yet if the old Polo will be in the game.
- Sandell and Subaru confirmed. First ARX entry in the game. Good to see!!! Will the Focus and Beetle follow?
- Note there are three Audi S1. So we might see Müller or Szabo as well :)

----

- No sign yet of the Bennett MINI
- No sign yet of the Citroen DS3, while it was in DR1 and D4.
- No sign yet of the MK8 Fiesta. But with MK7 and Larsson noted, it is expected the MK8 will show up.
- No sign yet of the Hyundai i20
- No sign yet of the SEAT Ibiza, while the car was in D4.
- No sign yet of the older Marklund Polo, while the car was in DR1 and D4.
- Possible ARX cars will be in it aswell, though so far the Subaru is the only confirmed one. Focus already exists ofcourse from D4 and CM has a good relationship with Ford and therefore logical to return. Beetle is the only ARX question mark imo.

Some new screenshots here:
http://blog.codemasters.com/community/11/rise-to-the-top-dr2/

JorritVD said:
About the RX shot, I did a bit of more reasearch on it (and some maybe already mentioned)
- The Ford Fiesta is noted as MK7. This wasn't the case in DR1 and D4. So we can expect the new MK8 Olsbergs will join aswell. Note that Robin Larsson is posted as fifth driver in Group B.
- Ma Qing Hua is in the game. he only competed at Silverstone. So we could expect all one off entries also in the game.
- Chicherit and the Megane are both noted. So GCK team is confirmed to be in DR2.0
- The factory Peugeots are confirmed now with Loeb and the 208 noted. Also you will see two factory 208 a second later. But nothing known about the privateer 208.
- Bryntesson is a new confirmed driver as well, driving a Fiesta the full ERX season.
- Marklund is confirmed. Not known if he will be in his ERX Polo or WRX Megane or both. Not know yet if the old Polo will be in the game.
- Sandell and Subaru confirmed. First ARX entry in the game. Good to see!!! Will the Focus and Beetle follow?
- Note there are three Audi S1. So we might see Müller or Szabo as well :)

----

- No sign yet of the Bennett MINI
- No sign yet of the Citroen DS3, while it was in DR1 and D4.
- No sign yet of the MK8 Fiesta. But with MK7 and Larsson noted, it is expected the MK8 will show up.
- No sign yet of the Hyundai i20
- No sign yet of the SEAT Ibiza, while the car was in D4.
- No sign yet of the older Marklund Polo, while the car was in DR1 and D4.
- Possible ARX cars will be in it aswell, though so far the Subaru is the only confirmed one. Focus already exists ofcourse from D4 and CM has a good relationship with Ford and therefore logical to return. Beetle is the only ARX question mark imo.

Thanks for that great recap’ !

Nice screens, always good to see a car with light pods on - El Condor at night will be brutal.

@JorritVD is that definitely the ARX Subaru and not the one from Dirt 4?

JorritVD said:
Note that Patrick Sandell is posted as last driver. He is an Subaru ARX driver.
Good spot. I had wondered if an ARX DLC was a possibility as, if they were to include all the WRX track, then they already have the full 2018 ARX calendar in game.

The DS3 is a car I have wondered about: I don't recall one entering any World round this year (I thought Oliver Solberg might enter South Africa, but it seems not) so, if we are getting an accurate 2018 World entry, then it won't be in...

...but, as said, it has been in the last two games and is a Championship winning car (and is also massive fun to drive) so I really hope it finds it way in at release or as a DLC car. 

@tbtstt full list here, a few one off DS3 appearances: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIA_World_Rallycross_Championship#Supercar

Personally I hope it doesn't make it, but that's just me being selfish because I'd rather see the licencing money and development time spent on the rally side. 

Although I'm all for a bright pink Audi S1 for Nico Muller.

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:
Good spot. I had wondered if an ARX DLC was a possibility as, if they were to include all the WRX track, then they already have the full 2018 ARX calendar in game.

The DS3 is a car I have wondered about: I don't recall one entering any World round this year (I thought Oliver Solberg might enter South Africa, but it seems not) so, if we are getting an accurate 2018 World entry, then it won't be in...

...but, as said, it has been in the last two games and is a Championship winning car (and is also massive fun to drive) so I really hope it finds it way in at release or as a DLC car. 
Since I am always dreaming, it would be cool to have Travis Pastrami’s Utah track there... great throwback to D2 RX days.   Seems like everyone that showed up liked it too. 

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Since I am always dreaming, it would be cool to have Travis Pastrami’s Utah track there... great throwback to D2 RX days.   Seems like everyone that showed up liked it too. 
LA stadium RX track was kinda cool, also monaco RX, all those fictional RX tracks were really nice

@JorritVD @tbtstt Apologies if you spotted this one, but another ERX-only driver on that screenshot in Derek Tohill

As well as Nitiss !

@tbtstt full list here, a few one off DS3 appearances: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIA_World_Rallycross_Championship#Supercar

Personally I hope it doesn't make it, but that's just me being selfish because I'd rather see the licencing money and development time spent on the rally side. 

Ah yeah, I forgot about Knapick! I thought Barbosa had only run at Euro rounds, but the list proves me wrong!

That's a fair point wirh regards to licensing money being spent elsewhere: Petter's DS3 has been my favourite rallycross car to watch in the last decade though, so I am selfishly hoping it's in! 

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

It's Pastrana. C'mon, he's not just some piece of meat :D

Didzis said:
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

It's Pastrana. C'mon, he's not just some piece of meat :D
?

@JorritVD @tbtstt Apologies if you spotted this one, but another ERX-only driver on that screenshot in Derek Tohill

As well as Nitiss !
Those were already known since the announcement. That’s why I not mentioned them.

tbtstt said:

Ah yeah, I forgot about Knapick! I thought Barbosa had only run at Euro rounds, but the list proves me wrong!
Wasn’t he the guy from Pirates of the Caribbean? Glad he managed to turn himself around and get an honest career

tbtstt said:

Wasn’t he the guy from Pirates of the Caribbean? Glad he managed to turn himself around and get an honest career
That was terrible... but I laughed!

Barbosa used a LD Motorsport DS3 which I think is the car that CM used to model their DS3. 

Also Doran entered his DS3 at ARX Silverstone. So overall competed in all WRX, ERX and ARX. 

I have the feeling licensing for Rallycross became a bit easier. Maybe IMG changed the entry regulations a bit, if compete than automatic giving approval to IMG to represent in a game, in this case to DR2

JorritVD said:
Also Doran entered his DS3 at ARX Silverstone. So overall competed in all WRX, ERX and ARX. 

I have the feeling licensing for Rallycross became a bit easier. Maybe IMG changed the entry regulations a bit, if compete than automatic giving approval to IMG to represent in a game, in this case to DR2
Be great if that was the case as that would also give us the Ibiza again.