DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
Moving away from Toyota for a minute, I haven't seen any mention of Dirtfish or a rally school location. I wonder if there is going to be anything along those lines in DR2.0? Or is there a possibility that Dirtfish might follow as part of the DLC? 
Hoenstly, if there's any work that would be needed to include it I can't say I'd miss it. If it was a drag-and-drop inclusion, fair enough, but I would definitely prefer any effort it would take to go into another area.
I was hoping it might be as easy as "drag and drop" as I really like having that area to play with the cars and experiment with setup. I do agree that it is a low priority compared to new stages though. 

i sure hope will be school with the improved  "better feel" tarmac physics that Dirt 4 had................
Speaking of which if there is no vid release of tarmac coming up before launch, then we can all guess tarmac isnt improved upon ? Hope thats not the case.
Maybe Jon can shed some light on that soon.
Should see something in the near future all being well ;) 

i sure hope will be school with the improved  "better feel" tarmac physics that Dirt 4 had................
Speaking of which if there is no vid release of tarmac coming up before launch, then we can all guess tarmac isnt improved upon ? Hope thats not the case.
I doubt there will be a rally school area in DR2.0

That's your reasoning to guess about surface handling?  Trust me, it's been improved.
I really like how the tarmac feels now. It's a step up from previous titles, no doubt! 

bogani said:

That's your reasoning to guess about surface handling?  Trust me, it's been improved.
I really like how the tarmac feels now. It's a step up from previous titles, no doubt! 
@bogani If I recall correctly, Dirt 4 rally tarmac physics were quite a lot better than Dirt Rally but the RX tarmac physics in D4 were even better due to more work being put in on the RX cars tyre model or something. Would you say that the tarmac rally physics of Dirt Rally 2.0 are as good or better than Dirt 4's RX physics?

Rygar86 said:
bogani said:

@bogani If I recall correctly, Dirt 4 rally tarmac physics were quite a lot better than Dirt Rally but the RX tarmac physics in D4 were even better due to more work being put in on the RX cars tyre model or something. Would you say that the tarmac rally physics of Dirt Rally 2.0 are as good or better than Dirt 4's RX physics?
I would say so, i do agree D4 tarmac was much better, i will also say DR2.0 tarmac feels better, but it's in combination with how much more car control you have now.

Rygar86 said:
bogani said:

I would say so, i do agree D4 tarmac was much better, i will also say DR2.0 tarmac feels better, but it's in combination with how much more car control you have now.
Thanks, nice to hear Dirt 2.0 tarmac rally physics are a further improvement on Dirt 4. When you say its in combination with how much more car control you have, are you saying that other aspects like weight and braking are even better than in Dirt 4? Because that was already a huge improvement over Dirt Rally I felt. Sure does sound like the handling might be on an awesome dream like level by the time it releases :)

Yes, i was thinking about the way tarmac feels, and it's just not a case of being the only reason it's better; the handling and control makes it what it is.

I've said it before, but will say again, choosing just one of the ways the handling feels so much better, that fact i can steer the car *WITH* the throttle, changes the game so much. 
It finally means you have to care about how much you're giving it out of corners, and if/when it starts to go awry, you can help correct the attitude and direction with the throttle, as well as the steering and brakes and all the associated weight transfer that belongs to those facets.

Yes, i was thinking about the way tarmac feels, and it's just not a case of being the only reason it's better; the handling and control makes it what it is.

I've said it before, but will say again, choosing just one of the ways the handling feels so much better, that fact i can steer the car *WITH* the throttle, changes the game so much. 
It finally means you have to care about how much you're giving it out of corners, and if/when it starts to go awry, you can help correct the attitude and direction with the throttle, as well as the steering and brakes and all the associated weight transfer that belongs to those facets.
The way you describe it, it seems like the handling is a lot more nuanced and realistic overall and really must be a vastly difference experience from Dirt Rally, which sounds fantastic. Even more fantastic would be if we get the original Dirt Rally stages ported over as DLC, so I can see just how much better and different those awesome stages would play using the all new physics!

Erm, yeah, that about sums it up.  However think of DR being a base on the way it feels, then refine the crap outta that.

Rygar86 said:

Even more fantastic would be if we get the original Dirt Rally stages ported over as DLC, so I can see just how much better and different those awesome stages would play using the all new physics!
+1 ;)

@warpengage never realised the Aston actually had a legit RGT 'passport'! Cool find.

Personally though, I'm betting on the Abarth and, if there is a fourth, a Nissan 370Z or a Ford Mustang (good relations with Ford, similar to the Camaro). Looking forward to finding out more about this class though.

It has been use in 2017 by Francois Delecour in national championship (it was supposed to be at 2018 M-C also) : 
https://youtu.be/VkH_S6C1kdA

I saw a Prodrive Aston Martin running at RallyDay (at Castle Combe) a few years ago: the car looked bloody awful to drive! 

tbtstt said:
I saw a Prodrive Aston Martin running at RallyDay (at Castle Combe) a few years ago: the car looked bloody awful to drive awesome to hear! 
Fixed ;)

Yeah that one sounded awesome! But yeah, looks like it likes to wiggle it's tail a weeeee bit too much ;-)

I found the word "SNOW". It's now on value 0.00, but would that maybe mean every terrain can be snow and the insensity can be changed from 0 - 100????

Also the 132 Porsche, it's seems the Tuthill/Prevot one, as also the flags are correct.