DiRTy Gossip

Nearly time for the hype train to leave Christmas station. Hoping we get an idea of wheel support soon. Just received my gt omega wheel stand and may upgrade to fanatec csl wheel but waiting for compatibility list. Assuming it will be supported but I'll wait and see.
Anyone else upgrading for release?

I am on the platform and waiting for the hype train to arrive. I am also hovering over the pre-order button on Amazon, but there is still no mention of the steel book in the listing (and, confusingly, the PS4 listing on Amazon says PC when you open it)

#NoTypoFreeListingNoBuy

tbtstt said:
I am on the platform and waiting for the hype train to arrive. I am also hovering over the pre-order button on Amazon, but there is still no mention of the steel book in the listing (and, confusingly, the PS4 listing on Amazon says PC when you open it)

#NoTypoFreeListingNoBuy
Amazon Australia has the PS4 day 1 edition with the Polo on the cover and release date the 26th Feb 2019.

I'm still waiting on a few pieces of information too. I wouldn't previously have considered the 'deluxe' version, but if the plans are confirmed before launch I may consider doing so, depends a little on the price difference and the content that I find valuable (i.e. not RX) in the DLC seasons.

By the way, in looking for the price difference, Game UK (https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-edition-only-at-game-opel-kadette-c-gte-dlc-2555727) raises a few more points again:

1) It mentions the Ford Mustang RGT again (as does the French Amazon site) so that's pretty much confirmed to me

2) More worryingly, it heavily implies the Opel Kadett is DLC, exclusive to this retailer. It makes no mention of being an "early unlock" but straight up calls it DLC.

3) Also has this picture, which if you squint you'll see is a slightly different livery to DR1.

I think it's really annoying that Codemasters didn't confirm anything, even though we asked about it multiple times.

Oscar97 said:
I think it's really annoying that Codemasters didn't confirm anything, even though we asked about it multiple times.
I might be remembering incorrectly, but are those details not governed by Koch (the distributor) rather than CM? 

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:
I might be remembering incorrectly, but are those details not governed by Koch (the distributor) rather than CM? 

I would assume CM still need to make whatever is requested for pre-order, so they'll know the details of this offer and whether the Opel is DLC or an 'unlock', just like the Porsche is clearly DLC.

I remember the CM team saying in January they can start tell a lot more details about the cars and the first season DLC. 

Btw, anyone posted this image already?

tbtstt said:
Oscar97 said:

I would assume CM still need to make whatever is requested for pre-order, so they'll know the details of this offer and whether the Opel is DLC or an 'unlock', just like the Porsche is clearly DLC.
Yeah, that's true. I got the impression (perhaps incorrectly) with the release of DiRT 4 that the communication wasn't great there. 

you have to build up the hype towards close to release. you dont just give all details months before its out . as others said more info will come soon. cant wait !

dgeesi0 said:
you have to build up the hype towards close to release. you dont just give all details months before its out . as others said more info will come soon. cant wait !
Agree with you for the most part, but if you're trying to incentivise people to order you need to let them know what they're ordering!

Rallystu2 said:
Nearly time for the hype train to leave Christmas station. Hoping we get an idea of wheel support soon. Just received my gt omega wheel stand and may upgrade to fanatec csl wheel but waiting for compatibility list. Assuming it will be supported but I'll wait and see.
Anyone else upgrading for release?
It works with my Fanatec GT2, just as DR1 did.  ;) 
I'm still waiting on a few pieces of information too. I wouldn't previously have considered the 'deluxe' version, but if the plans are confirmed before launch I may consider doing so, depends a little on the price difference and the content that I find valuable (i.e. not RX) in the DLC seasons.

By the way, in looking for the price difference, Game UK (https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/dirt-rally-20-deluxe-edition-only-at-game-opel-kadette-c-gte-dlc-2555727) raises a few more points again:

1) It mentions the Ford Mustang RGT again (as does the French Amazon site) so that's pretty much confirmed to me

2) More worryingly, it heavily implies the Opel Kadett is DLC, exclusive to this retailer. It makes no mention of being an "early unlock" but straight up calls it DLC.

3) Also has this picture, which if you squint you'll see is a slightly different livery to DR1.

I hope that's not the case. I hate that kind of crap and it locks you out from accessing all the content. I'd have zero way of obtaining that if that's the case.

@JZStudios

I wouldn't worry too much, even if it is DLC that comes free from a certain retailer, I'm pretty sure Steam mandates that it must be available to all, it is just the "free with" bit that the retailer can advertise.

I would be extremely surprised that a car was completely exclusive to a retailer. It makes no real sense to do that. It will be an early unlock option. One thing that puzzles me is that the day 1 edition features unlocks that aren't unlocked in the deluxe edition. Seems weird that. I would expect deluxe to unlock everything that the lower echelons of preorders unlock with extra on top.

Yeah, no one is correctly identifying between unlocks, DLC and the modifier of exclusive on both of those.

Everyone plays these games for so long that we forget that the cars are all "locked" or need "buying" when you first start playing the game.

Happy 2019 gossipers.

Dirt Rally revived the rally simulation genre and this is the year for Dirt Rally 2. It can't get any better. And as of now, the game comes out next month! Looking like a good year already.

54 days

Any more news on the availability of the steelbook? I've just found out that I cannot get Dirt Rally 2.0 for PC shipped to Australia via Amazon UK so that idea is out.

gfRally said:
54 days

51 until Early Access opens for those who pre-order ;)

gfRally said:
54 days

51 until Early Access opens for those who pre-order ;)
XX days until we [REDACTED]

Whilst waiting, you could always contemplate the future of rally racing via a couple of games on Steam.

Racing Glider attempts to merge Wipeout with rally off-road tracks, but it's a bit not-quite-there-yet: https://store.steampowered.com/app/644010/Racing_Glider/

However, ZEROCAR: Future Motorsport is looking more promising, with electric powered hypercars racing on all sorts of tracks. Surprisingly, one is based on Wales Rally GB and even has a rally codriver! See about the track here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/790080/announcements/detail/2530352848516492603 and here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/790080/announcements/detail/1710698895775828461

The game itself is here, plays a bit like Ridge Racer lol: https://store.steampowered.com/app/790080/ZEROCAR_Future_Motorsport/