DiRTy Gossip

bogani said:
lol, can't believe we missed that either. Bit of a strange one, seeing as it  looks like LSPR in the screenshots, but OK. Guessing the stages must be from New England Forest Rally, but none of them jump out as obvious. Hope we can get a few more details or screenshots this week.
Was thinking Concord Pond at first but it seems too short.

Unless they divert from 2 long stages and go for 4 short ones instead? That might explain the 28 recorded stages Prévot talked about opposed to 24 that would fit 2+2(forward and reverse) for 6 locations. 
Both of those thoughts had crossed my mind too. That said, the two (?) Argentinian stages look like they're going to be ~8.5km too. Although if that were the same '4 stages' that would add up to 28, but I'd rather not get hopes up.

Definitely didn't say 'Michigan' anywhere, because I had a hunt for that, but completely missed the New England reference if it was there before. And I definitely had confirmation bias, I've been watching stages of Lake Superior Rally!

NEFR stages would make sense, in a way, if the art team was actually sent over here to visit Montreol and  Trois-Rivières WRX circuit.  Main and New Hampshire is not that far away.  It will be great to see what stages show up.

Although NEFR takes place in July not fall, maybe if Finland shows up later it will be in its proper time of the year.  

gfRally said:
NEFR stages would make sense, in a way, if the art team was actually sent over here to visit Montreol and  Trois-Rivières WRX circuit.  Main and New Hampshire is not that far away.  It will be great to see what stages show up.

Although NEFR takes place in July not fall, maybe if Finland shows up later it will be in its proper time of the year.  

The choice of a fall setting is probably just down to that they can reuse assets from Dirt4, which is understandable.

I've never been a fan of the colors it provides, but having it set in summer make it look too close to Poland I guess.

There will be another Hands on Event for Dirt Rally 2.0 in cologne on 22nd January, for the press I assume. Hopefully they will Show some New stuff. 

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/dir-rally-20-schon-vor-release-in-koeln-spielen-gewinnspiel-fuer-gamestar-plus,3339053.html

Krusi said:
There will be another Hands on Event for Dirt Rally 2.0 in cologne on 22nd January, for the press I assume. Hopefully they will Show some New stuff. 

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/dir-rally-20-schon-vor-release-in-koeln-spielen-gewinnspiel-fuer-gamestar-plus,3339053.html
Cool, at that time, the game will go Gold (Dirt4 did 5 weeks before lunch), so we might see footage, from final version of Game.

Krusi said:

Cool, at that time, the game will go Gold (Dirt4 did 5 weeks before lunch).
They had to wait five weeks for lunch? Damn, they must have been hungry. :smiley:

tbtstt said:
Krusi said:

They had to wait five weeks for lunch? Damn, they must have been hungry. :smiley:
Sorry about that,English is my fourth language,  i was meaning Launch (Release game)

tbtstt said:
Krusi said:

Sorry about that,English is my fourth language,  i was meaning Launch (Release game)
I was only joking with you! :smile: If English is your fourth language and that is the only mistake you have nothing to apologise for: English is my first language and I make more mistakes then that! :D

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Krusi said:

I was only joking with you! :smile: If English is your fourth language and that is the only mistake you have nothing to apologise for: English is my first language and I make more mistakes then that! :D
*puts pitchfork and torch down*

Yeah, no worries. Simple mistake

New England? Nice! I'll venture a guess and say South Arm/Icicle Brook. Shared roads and is run in both forward and backwads directions, in real life. Prime candidate for the way DiRT stages are made, right?

Argentina will only have the 16km of El Condor-Copina? I think that is reaaaally short, Greece in Dirt Rally 1 had at least 20km I really hope for another argentinean stage

Argentina will only have the 16km of El Condor-Copina? I think that is reaaaally short, Greece in Dirt Rally 1 had at least 20km I really hope for another argentinean stage

The clip with the Ford we have seen so far is ~8.5km. Make of that what you will. I'm hoping Codemasters can confirm that soon. Again, I don't mind if it is short (as that's what I expect), but keep expectations in check and stop letting our imaginations run amok if that's not the case please.

For the record, IMO it would also improve reactions to the car list by letting us know the negatives up front (e.g. which classes from previous game won't make it).

And DiRT 4 stages could be 15km long, so they could maybe put the complete stage in.

cant wait to hear more news .This month plus ,is going to drag by 
The new Ace Combat is out on the 19th which I am rather glad about: playing that for a month should make the wait for DR2.0 a bit less painful!

The clip with the Ford we have seen so far is ~8.5km. Make of that what you will. I'm hoping Codemasters can confirm that soon. Again, I don't mind if it is short (as that's what I expect), but keep expectations in check and stop letting our imaginations run amok if that's not the case please.

For the record, IMO it would also improve reactions to the car list by letting us know the negatives up front (e.g. which classes from previous game won't make it).
That might have been one of the short cut up ones if they are doing it the Dirt Rally way. 

bogani said:

That might have been one of the short cut up ones if they are doing it the Dirt Rally way. 
Hence wanting them to clarify those details ;)

I imagine that's not the case, because whilst we've seen screenshots of the stage with the bridges (the other half of 'El Condor' to the one shown in the stream), we haven't seen anything that would indicate there being more (usual 'El Condor' is <17km, there's a longer 24ish km config with a tarmac section but I doubt they'd build that).

Hmm, looked up NEFR stages. If they remodelled real-ones they seem to be very similar to finland in character. Wide roads with many blind crest corners, requiring high copilot trust. Just minus some jumps.
And Finland in DR was also autumn. And Greece is very similar to the new Argentina, although Argentina seems to be superior in many ways.
This leads me to following bet for the first two seasons of DLC:
If they include TWO DR locations:
Sweden & Monte Carlo
Else if they include FOUR DR locations:
Sweden & Monte Carlo (Winter-Pack)
Wales & Germany (please with Vineyard stage(s))

SkyRex said:
Hmm, looked up NEFR stages. If they remodelled real-ones they seem to be very similar to finland in character. Wide roads with many blind crest corners, requiring high copilot trust. Just minus some jumps.
And Finland in DR was also autumn. And Greece is very similar to the new Argentina, although Argentina seems to be superior in many ways.
Sweden & Monte Carlo
Please not Monte Carlo. I've already accepted Sweden will come, and we do need a snow event. But, if there are only two new rallies coming, please make the second one something like Germany. We need another 'dry' tarmac rally, so to speak.

SkyRex said:
Sweden & Monte Carlo
Please not Monte Carlo. I've already accepted Sweden will come, and we do need a snow event. But, if there are only two new rallies coming, please make the second one something like Germany. We need another 'dry' tarmac rally, so to speak.
Dry monte then? Not gonna lie, that would be amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPu53gwWeI 

SkyRex said:
Sweden & Monte Carlo
Dry monte then? Not gonna lie, that would be amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPu53gwWeI 
Actually yes. That would be epic.