DiRTy Gossip

Ok so ,
How about Monte with dynamic weather :)
Actually, I changed my mind. If the Monte could be brought back with the option to race it snowy or dry (via weather selection) I would want that over any asphalt rally. Nothing like those treacherous and beautiful roads in the Alps, with those wonderful hairpins.

It would be simply the best thing ever if season on season the conditions could be different. Like a warm dry Monte or a Sweden with little to no snow. Maybe no snow until day 3 or something. I mean that would genuinely be effing amazing.

SkyRex said:
Hmm, looked up NEFR stages. If they remodelled real-ones they seem to be very similar to finland in character. Wide roads with many blind crest corners, requiring high copilot trust. Just minus some jumps.
And Finland in DR was also autumn. And Greece is very similar to the new Argentina, although Argentina seems to be superior in many ways.
This leads me to following bet for the first two seasons of DLC:
If they include TWO DR locations:
Sweden & Monte Carlo
Else if they include FOUR DR locations:
Sweden & Monte Carlo (Winter-Pack)
Wales & Germany (please with Vineyard stage(s))
Please not Monte Carlo. I've already accepted Sweden will come, and we do need a snow event. But, if there are only two new rallies coming, please make the second one something like Germany. We need another 'dry' tarmac rally, so to speak.
I see your point but, to be honest, Monte has such a 'feel' to it that I can't find in any other rally... The road condition, the location, the history, everything about that event is what makes me love rally. That's why I hope it'll be in the game, in one way or the other. Finland and Wales also give me similar feelings, they capture the essence of rallying, each in its own individual way

Seeing RX Olivier Bennett’s instgram story, his Xite Ford Fiesta will be in DR2.0. Does that mean his MINI is not in?

seems you can try out DR2.0 at Autosport International at Xite. 

where did you see it? I can't find that story

EDIT: nevermind I found it. I even snapped up a pic

Bugger! I turned down tickets for Friday, would have said yes if I'd have known DR2 was there! 

That's frustrating. I'll be within spitting distance of dr2. Is anyone going?

What are those 5 icons on the bottom bar? 4 white and one red

Rallystu2 said:

Could be the grid position. The red one is the player.

bogani said:
Dytut said:
bogani said:
The Location of US is New England

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/12/new-dirt-rally-2-0-trailer-shows-classic-rally-cars-through-the-ages/
Good spot. How did we miss that before? 
I bet @ChristinaMc edited the text afterwards just to mess with us ;-) 
actually it's from beginning, i remember reading it the day after the trailer came out..
When thinking about I remember it as it actually said Michigan in that blog? I'm not completely sure though, might be wrong. 

Could have been written by habit and then later corrected to New England? 
I remember it said New England, because I read the sentence as “and England provides the perfect autumnal backdrop for Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995”, and thought that makes sense, a Prodrive Subaru would be at home in England. 

Not realizing that a) it said New England, and b) England isn’t even a rally location. 

tbtstt said:
Bugger! I turned down tickets for Friday, would have said yes if I'd have known DR2 was there! 
Face it, dude, till you get a PC.. stuff like this is just going to keep happening to you.   ;)

Rallystu2 said:

I’ve been the last few years but I find it’s gotten a bit boring and repetitive, plus there seems to be less and less there each year but the price has gone up! There is normally a pretty big queue for games like that anyway.

As kingofcoins said, it says grid position and highlights the player’s slot

Maybe it's just me getting old, but seriously, has anyone noticed how few days are left until release now?!

Yea I used to go but I'm only really interested in rallying, all the other stuff is just noise. I fancied this year because of the wrc reveal but you still have to put up with the carnage that is the NEC.

Maybe it's just me getting old, but seriously, has anyone noticed how few days are left until release now?!
You'll be complaining about how young policeman are nowadays, soon.

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
Face it, dude, till you get a PC.. stuff like this is just going to keep happening to you.   ;)
I'm seriously torn @gfRally: I can see some benefits from moving to PC, but once you start down that slippery slope it seems like a matter of months before I'm snubbing console owners and posting #NoVRNoBuy on Facebook...

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
I'm seriously torn @gfRally: I can see some benefits from moving to PC, but once you start down that slippery slope it seems like a matter of months before I'm snubbing console owners and posting #NoVRNoBuy on Facebook...
Did you buy a wheel in the end?

It has this interesting snippet:

DROP BY OUR SPACE AT AUTOSPORT INTERNATIONAL, GRAB A FREE SAMPLE, COMPETE FOR GIVEAWAY PRIZES, RACE IN VIRTUAL REALITY AND RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE XITE DISCOUNT CODE.

---

• XITE ENERGY HAVE PARTNERED UP WITH CODEMASTERS 2.0 TO BRING YOU A UNIQUE VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE.
  • DRIVE THE SAME CAR DRIVEN BY OLIVER BENNETT IN THE LIVE AUTOSPORT ARENA, IN VIRTUAL REALITY.
  • X4 VR SIMULATORS TO DROP THE EARLY RELEASE OF DIRT 2.0 IN THE XITE ARTIC LORRY X-HUB.
  • EXCLUSIVE XITE ENERGY MERCH INCLUDING AUTOSPORT RACE WEARWILL BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, AND WIN.

Weird that the header picture is the Mini if the one that's playable is the Fiesta. I think he drives the Fiesta in British RX, right?
To be fair, the link to their website is wrong, so maybe that's just another oversight.

Oscar97 said:
Weird that the header picture is the Mini if the one that's playable is the Fiesta. I think he drives the Fiesta in British RX, right?
To be fair, the link to their website is wrong, so maybe that's just another oversight.
Yeah, I think they might have brought Project Cars 2 as well as I've seen him drive this Mini on that game. 

In general it's poorly written. Codemasters 2.0?  :D

I wonder which track you can try there at the Xite booth. Probably Silverstone?

edit: it seems Canada

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
Did you buy a wheel in the end?
No. :frowning: I was intending to pick one up when it was mentioned in here (before Christmas), but my money was swallowed up by Christmas and various other domestic nonsense: I need to make it happen this year! 
Oscar97 said:
Yeah, he drove the Fiesta in a few British events last year and ran the whole season in that car the year before. I admire his (Oliver Bennett's) enthusiasm, but Xites social media stream is often riddled with errors.

I asked Bennett about if the MINI coming to DR2. He answered: “hopefully by the summer!”

JorritVD said:
I asked Bennett about if the MINI coming to DR2. He answered: “hopefully by the summer!”
Was that on FB or Twitter?