DiRTy Gossip

JorritVD said:
I think I will keep buying the DLC anyway for DR2, so let the seasons keep on coming imo :blush:
I would keep buying them even if some were RX content only, in between rally content packs, even though I don't like it, just to help financing the game for further rally content dlc. But I still think that keeping a solid eSports structure alive throughout the years with seasons is still the best money-maker, by attracting more people to buy the whole game + DLCs, so I would work on that thoroughly.
D4's DWC was just an experiment, and a good one. And i'm not just talking about dumping the ladders there, I'm talking about the whole event ambience and showbiz all around it, with streams and other stuff.

re: DLC, I'm mostly curious to know how it will integrate with the offline career - will new Rally and RX locations become part of the respective calendars in game?

i suppose that yes, but if you start a championship with the others locations only, this championship will finished with that

The people who have the DLCs will see the new locations added in their championship, or the ability to select those as well. Those who don't have them, won't have the content. Pretty straightforward.

I've been playing Dirt Rally with the wrong default steering linearity settings of 0 for the past two years!!!

I use a G25. Today I was experimenting and thought I'd try setting steering linearity to -10.  I had to then increase the sensitivity by reducing steering saturation as the steering range had  then became too large but once that was done the game has suddenly come alive! 

Codies seem to have made a mistake in the steering linearity section by setting default as 0 and most people will naturally assume that -10 is non linear yet (in my case at least) it is now perfectly linear.

I now have far, far better precision, steering resolution, better FFB and the cars now handle exactly as they should. It feels almost like a real rally sim now and the 205 T16 has gone from being a total animal that was very difficult to drive to being the best car in the game. Cant believe it!

Once again mention of Kadett C GT/E as DLC

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/1085491855448371200

If a specific car is available through a single retailer and can't be obtained in any other way, we'll that's just..... I really hope it isn't. 

bogani said:

If a specific car is available through a single retailer and can't be obtained in any other way, we'll that's just..... I really hope it isn't. 
Now i am sure its not just unlocked from game (by now Codemasters had chance to corecction GAME.co.uk, if it where mistake), i think The kadett C GT/E is part of season pass rally theme (one of the 5 cars)?

@dani211212 I would also like clarification on the status of the Opel and what the 'DLC' mentioned by game.co.uk repeatedly is (and how others can access it) but don't mix up your post with misleading info about there being a "season pass rally theme" - that's very much conjecture and interpretation at this point (I don't expect that will be the case).

@ChristinaMc Please can we have info about this Opel Kadett "exclusive"; whether the car itself is only available to the retailer or if it's an early unlock of sorts.

Looking at the original release of Dirt 4, it is pretty clear to me how this will work. As the Opel Kadette C GT/E DLC from GAME.CO.UK is also part of the non deluxe version, it is different from season 1 and 2 DLC. For Dirt 4 there was the hyundai pre order car. After release you could buy the pre order car separately as a small DLC (still available on dirt 4 steam page). If Codemasters is a reasonable company all different pre order cars will be available later for purchase for everyone. Everything else would cause shit storm.

The Opel DLC is also available from Germany at gamestop.de (
https://www.gamestop.de/PC/Games/53325/dirt-rally-2-0) as pre order bonus. And France (https://www.micromania.fr/dirt-rally-2-0-day-one-edition-92424.html).

Amazon UK and DE still list the Porsche pre order bonus.

Krusi said:

Looking at the original release of Dirt 4, it is pretty clear to me how this will work. As the Opel Kadette C GT/E DLC from GAME.CO.UK is also part of the non deluxe version, it is different from season 1 and 2 DLC. For Dirt 4 there was the hyundai pre order car. After release you could buy the pre order car separately as a small DLC (still available on dirt 4 steam page). If Codemasters is a reasonable company all different pre order cars will be available later for purchase for everyone. Everything else would cause **** storm.

The Opel DLC is also available from Germany at gamestop.de (https://www.gamestop.de/PC/Games/53325/dirt-rally-2-0) as pre order bonus. And France (https://www.micromania.fr/dirt-rally-2-0-day-one-edition-92424.html).

Amazon UK and DE still list the Porsche pre order bonus.
IF thats the case then we have two pre order cars? (on game.co.uk the Porsche RGT is mention too) is that what you meant?

@dani211212 I would also like clarification on the status of the Opel and what the 'DLC' mentioned by game.co.uk repeatedly is (and how others can access it) but don't mix up your post with misleading info about there being a "season pass rally theme" - that's very much conjecture and interpretation at this point (I don't expect that will be the case).

@ChristinaMc Please can we have info about this Opel Kadett "exclusive"; whether the car itself is only available to the retailer or if it's an early unlock of sorts.

I've been speaking to Sales about this for more info, and basically some retailers have cars exclusively at launch, and are using these as pre-order incentives. However this is time-limited, and will be available for purchase a set time after the game has been released. When I know what that is, I'll let you guys know!

IF thats the case then we have two pre order cars? (on game.co.uk the Porsche RGT is mention too) is that what you meant?

Interesting.. game.co.uk lists the porsche ONLY for the deluxe version and amazon lists the porsche as pre order bonus for all editions.

Basically each retailer customized their package, to serve as pre-order incentives on their store. Not a bad idea at all, and kind of reminds me of the old times where some stores had different things for the same game.

I've been speaking to Sales about this for more info, and basically some retailers have cars exclusively at launch, and are using these as pre-order incentives. However this is time-limited, and will be available for purchase a set time after the game has been released. When I know what that is, I'll let you guys know!

Thank you.

Grumble grumble about the concept of retailer exclusive DLC but I appreciate the effort of looking into it.

AIPacino said:
Basically each retailer customized their package, to serve as pre-order incentives on their store. Not a bad idea at all, and kind of reminds me of the old times where some stores had different things for the same game.
I dont like that idea,
For example, here is, what  Paul said about it, just month or two before lunch of Dirt4 
"Yup, first let me caveat this with the fact that I'm not a huge fan of pre-order incentives but there are a few things to consider. 
1) Those that pre-order a game pay a premium to do so. That's not to say that they pay more than list price but games do drop in price after launch and so it is important for publishers to incentivise people to pay the full RRP as much as possible. 
2) It is also important for the publisher to get their pre-order numbers as high as possible as it helps build confidence with retailers which in turn means that the game gets more marketing and therefore exposure. 
3) Some platform holders enforce publishers to make Pre-Order content available a set time after launch. Yes, there will be some discussion over pricing or whether it will be free but the content will almost certainly become available. 
4) Considering points 1and 2, by the time that the pre-order car becomes available, its cost (if it has one) combined with the cost of buying the game at that point, are likely to be less (perhaps considerably less) than what the pre-order version will have cost. 
5) I might get in trouble for saying this last point but here we go. Our publishers asked us to give them a car that they could use for Pre-Orders. Rather than taking a car from our existing list we pushed to get a new car added and that was the Hyundai. The Hyundai was not going to be in the game until Koch pushed us to add it, so it really is a bonus car and is the fourth R5 car. 
I get that people don't like it and as a consumer I sit firmly in that camp too but I hope this goes some way to explaining some of the reasons for it. " 

the point is He was  a Fighter, thats way we had great games ,and i had faith in product.
Now, a year after, the same situation and what does Ross do? He let uses a Car that exist? and not fight for new one?
I am not Angry or letdown, i just make comparation of what should leader for team and game do.. Ross has account on forum, but did he ever uses like Paul did? if you want to make good product, you must fight,  and believe in product,
I have Faith in Dirt Rally 2.0, but please Ross, stand up, and keep the good direction, like Paul did, games are not just business..

My bad - a further update: after a further chat with Ross, the Opel is actually an Early Unlock vehicle specific to GAME. The Porsche is the only vehicle that will be available to buy post-launch if you didn't buy the Deluxe Edition (and all the other vehicular incentives are only unlocks, despite some vague wording on various ads). Which is even better a message for me to be able to give, so phew! :)

My bad - a further update: after a further chat with Ross, the Opel is actually an Early Unlock vehicle specific to GAME. The Porsche is the only vehicle that will be available to buy post-launch if you didn't buy the Deluxe Edition (and all the other vehicular incentives are only unlocks, despite some vague wording on various ads). Which is even better a message for me to be able to give, so phew! :)
OHHH then SORRY Ross, keep good job :)

@christinaMc, in one of the upcoming streams would it be possible to ask for a small bit of info Regarding the rally format :

1.How will running order be decided over multiple days? Will it follow wrc methods of reversed top 10 on days 2 and 3 etc?

2.Will the stage list be organised into loops and will the degradation in the second loop of stages be carried over from the first run through?

3. Will there be a progressive drying/dampening effect to the surface between stages with the changeable weather system?

I both appreciate letting us know and the answer itself - double win - thanks. I look forward to getting the car eventually instead of early then :P

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
The symbols on the left page look similar to the code that is partially visible on the right? Is that something? 
Notes in the right shows alphabet following code 191 and forwards in the extended ASCII table. So you can translate the symbols on the left page by using that. I'm at work so won't do it, but if anyone has the time and inclination....
Seems like no one cares about this at this point, but I might just point out that I am NOT a "code" writer. I might have to [REDACTED] and my coa=b has a fl#x+x

JZStudios said:
Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
The symbols on the left page look similar to the code that is partially visible on the right? Is that something? 
Notes in the right shows alphabet following code 191 and forwards in the extended ASCII table. So you can translate the symbols on the left page by using that. I'm at work so won't do it, but if anyone has the time and inclination....
Seems like no one cares about this at this point, but I might just point out that I am NOT a "code" writer. I might have to [REDACTED] and my coa=b has a fl#x+x
I am flat out with work this week so, sadly, I haven't got any time for codebreaking! 

Hi all, got some quick questions about Dirt Rally 2.0.

Has Codemasters mentioned what their targeted graphical settings are for Xbox One X at all?
60fps is a given but are we going to see 4K or HDR?

Also, any word on if there will be a way to import our controller configurations from DiRT Rally?

Finally, any word on if there will be a way to share and download setups in-game on console?

I want to know if the Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0 will be released on a physical/retail version in the United States?  Or is it digital only?  C'mon Codemasters, you have to answer me sometime  :'(