Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

On the DR2.0 website it says: "Stunning new locations and vehicles, as well as the return of fan favourites "

So I guess there are some more cars to come...our favourites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember to be clear re "buying" new cars.

No one has cars bought when they buy the game, you earn in-game money with which you purchase cars in game, for your use in rallying.


As for add on DLC class\packs potentially splitting the player base, remember this isn't battlefield.  The chances are that, for example, the grpB RX will be racing against grpB RX, not a mixed group, you're not splitting the base, it's just a choice if you want to race grpB RX.
You won't be able to play group B RX online unless everybody in the lobby owns the DLC. And as there's no lobby browser, you just get matched with random people who most likely won't all own it.
It isn't a matter of choosing to play group B RX, it's a matter of being able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar97 said:
Remember to be clear re "buying" new cars.

No one has cars bought when they buy the game, you earn in-game money with which you purchase cars in game, for your use in rallying.


As for add on DLC class\packs potentially splitting the player base, remember this isn't battlefield.  The chances are that, for example, the grpB RX will be racing against grpB RX, not a mixed group, you're not splitting the base, it's just a choice if you want to race grpB RX.
You won't be able to play group B RX online unless everybody in the lobby owns the DLC. And as there's no lobby browser, you just get matched with random people who most likely won't all own it.
It isn't a matter of choosing to play group B RX, it's a matter of being able to.
We don't know much about MP yet. There might actually be lobbies this time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Rallystu2 said:
I'm happy with the DLC structure codies are putting on. Fact is if you don't pay for stuff you won't get anything. The modern games industry has to fight the increase in production costs while all the while games prices stay relatively neutral. I find that those games with a free live service offer very little solid content and it tends to be spread pretty thin too. Look at battlefields 5' currently disastrous live service for example.
If we pay for DLC they have a reason to make more, and more importantly make more content that we really want as it means fatter pockets for them.

That's frankly a load of ****. Games are universally selling more than they have in the past, and even at the $60 price point they're still getting more than the return of investment.
This whole DLC process is "How little can we make them pay $60 for, and then charge for what should've been included?" Battlefield V has far less content than any of the previous games, maybe minus the spin-off Hardline, and the very limited BF1. Then people give them excuses and say "well it'll be better later when you buy EVERYTHING because they aren't making enough when they make $500 million in a week."

It's more equivalent to something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, except you get half the characters and 1 location for $60, then buy the other 7 locations (10 if you're counting the PS1 version) for an additional $45.

I completely disagree with you on this one. Personally, I’m a big fan of titles expanding over time. That probably correlates with the games we own and the DLC experience. Since DR1, my most used games have been Assetto Corsa, Il-2 Sturmovik BoS, Project Cars 2 and Total War Warhammer - each of those has evolved over time, releasing improvements in patches supported by DLC/expansions which keeps the content fresh and interesting.

Personally, and I realise this is different for everyone, I want to stop seeing a new version of DiRT every year or two and see one that I like expand, improve and evolve over 2/3/4 years, taking content forward where possible. Il-2 is the best example of this approach to me; they’ve created a base game with 1 (huge) map and 8 plans, then created 3 more ‘games’ with similar quantities of content, which all expand upon the previous one and are part of the same ‘app’. With smaller individual pieces of DLC (making sure not to be ‘pay to win’) between. 
https://il2sturmovik.com/about/

To me, I'm happy Codemasters are taking these steps. They sound more in line with those of Project Cars 2 but the point is that there'll be ongoing support and fresh content throughout the game's lifespan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The same path DR1 should've taken. Hopefully this time they get it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
Rallystu2 said:
I'm happy with the DLC structure codies are putting on. Fact is if you don't pay for stuff you won't get anything. The modern games industry has to fight the increase in production costs while all the while games prices stay relatively neutral. I find that those games with a free live service offer very little solid content and it tends to be spread pretty thin too. Look at battlefields 5' currently disastrous live service for example.
If we pay for DLC they have a reason to make more, and more importantly make more content that we really want as it means fatter pockets for them.

That's frankly a load of ****. Games are universally selling more than they have in the past, and even at the $60 price point they're still getting more than the return of investment.
This whole DLC process is "How little can we make them pay $60 for, and then charge for what should've been included?" Battlefield V has far less content than any of the previous games, maybe minus the spin-off Hardline, and the very limited BF1. Then people give them excuses and say "well it'll be better later when you buy EVERYTHING because they aren't making enough when they make $500 million in a week."

It's more equivalent to something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, except you get half the characters and 1 location for $60, then buy the other 7 locations (10 if you're counting the PS1 version) for an additional $45.

I completely disagree with you on this one. Personally, I’m a big fan of titles expanding over time. That probably correlates with the games we own and the DLC experience. Since DR1, my most used games have been Assetto Corsa, Il-2 Sturmovik BoS, Project Cars 2 and Total War Warhammer - each of those has evolved over time, releasing improvements in patches supported by DLC/expansions which keeps the content fresh and interesting.

Personally, and I realise this is different for everyone, I want to stop seeing a new version of DiRT every year or two and see one that I like expand, improve and evolve over 2/3/4 years, taking content forward where possible. Il-2 is the best example of this approach to me; they’ve created a base game with 1 (huge) map and 8 plans, then created 3 more ‘games’ with similar quantities of content, which all expand upon the previous one and are part of the same ‘app’. With smaller individual pieces of DLC (making sure not to be ‘pay to win’) between. https://il2sturmovik.com/about/

To me, I'm happy Codemasters are taking these steps. They sound more in line with those of Project Cars 2 but the point is that there'll be ongoing support and fresh content throughout the game's lifespan. 
Defending stupid AA practices? Sorry but how is it at all "fine" for them to gate off Group B RX as a DLC when it was a part of the previous title? If they don't have the money to make games, they're in the wrong buisness. What's especially infuriating is the community gating. The same applies to Map DLCs in Battlefieds and CODs. People like you is why we can't have nice things. What next? Lootboxes added a month after launch? Codmasters really need some rally game competition because as it stands, they just don't need to puch 100% effort to make the best rally games, especially when it comes to technology (I still think the trees look artificial, engine is missing modern AA solutions, how about DX12 and/or Vulkan). I think they should make a completely new game engine. Not "rewrite" ego for the nth time. Build something from the ground up (make it more multithreaded? support DX12 / Vulkan multi-gpu?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
when it comes down to mp if it the lobby is based on DLC this would fracture people without said dlc. seeing as its a pretty niche game and keeping it busy the best outcome would for the host with whatever content host it and anyone joining allowed to race with same content regardless of owning it. this is what many big studios do now. by limiting people without content to play it also limits playerbases. also by doing similar people will more likely buy dlcs as its not pressed apon them. having a choice makes a massive difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Or just set a free car on that class so everyone can play it. If you want to race the other cars in the class, buy the DLC. That would also solve the MP problem. If you just set it to the host, barely anyone will buy the DLC as they can simply look for a host who owns it all. That's how Europa Universalis IV currently works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AIPacino said:
Or just set a free car on that class so everyone can play it.
I think this is a good way to go about it, If a class is going to be DLC, keep one car available as a "taster" car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AIPacino said:
Or just set a free car on that class so everyone can play it. If you want to race the other cars in the class, buy the DLC. That would also solve the MP problem. If you just set it to the host, barely anyone will buy the DLC as they can simply look for a host who owns it all. That's how Europa Universalis IV currently works.
This would be the best way to do it. Still, group B RX was in the last game so it's a bit disappointing to get it as DLC this time, especially if there's nothing more than what was already in DiRT 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was that a clip of a rally driver on an Irish or British tarmac stage? CLUE MAYBE?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The latest video release. Shows real life footage of an Irish or British rally stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
on the video, he is jon with sullivan as co-driver, but i don't now if this event will be in dirt rally 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oscar97 said:
AIPacino said:
Or just set a free car on that class so everyone can play it. If you want to race the other cars in the class, buy the DLC. That would also solve the MP problem. If you just set it to the host, barely anyone will buy the DLC as they can simply look for a host who owns it all. That's how Europa Universalis IV currently works.
This would be the best way to do it. Still, group B RX was in the last game so it's a bit disappointing to get it as DLC this time, especially if there's nothing more than what was already in DiRT 4.
Yeah, I agree with this. Given that they are keeping the Group B rallycross cars for DLC are hope they are better implemented this time. If they just recycle the cars from D4 then I'll be annoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rallystu2 said:
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.
Or it could be... you know... an illustrative clip?                          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rallystu2 said:
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.
Or it could be... you know... an illustrative clip?                          
Shame on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopefully we get manx then i can remember someone teasing about this on twitter maybe it was paul coleman before leaving. cant remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rallystu2 said:
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.
Or it could be... you know... an illustrative clip?                          
The word "coincidence" was cancelled from the Gossip Thread vocabulary long ago... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carpa said:
Rallystu2 said:
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.
Or it could be... you know... an illustrative clip?                          
The word "coincidence" was cancelled from the Gossip Thread vocabulary long ago... 
Then can we also say: Peugeot 208 R2 confirmed?  :D
I hope it makes it in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
carpa said:
Rallystu2 said:
He could've shown footage from his driving in Spain or Poland. But no. It's IRELAND (probably), that's a hint in my book, and definitely a big notch on the gossip bedpost.
Or it could be... you know... an illustrative clip?                          
The word "coincidence" was cancelled from the Gossip Thread vocabulary long ago... 
Then can we also say: Peugeot 208 R2 confirmed?  :D
I hope it makes it in...
I'd hope so, another R2 would be nice and the 208 is the most common in the class (with the Fiesta) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With the supposed removal of Opel Adam, a second car would have to be brought into R2 class so the Peugeot 208 is a plausible candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×