DiRTy Gossip

AIPacino said:
If they manage to increase each stage by 5Km of the old ones, for example Route de Turini, that would be awesome. I mean, one of the few things that I wanted to see in DR was the ability to cross turini's top. But given how the stages are, you either finish or start there, crossing isn't available.

Was about to say the same - I think hoping for double the distance is too optimistic but moving the finish line little bit to one side would be great

Should be double the miles in this game really. Dirt rally was a sort of pilot episode. They know what works now, so this in essence is the 'full' title. 

SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
jon said on instagram that the longest stage of the game is 20 km... 
Link?
That would seriously open up the possibility, that we might get Full-Length stages of the DR1 DLCs. 20km full Col de Turini, 20km Sweden, or 20km Panzerplatte plus extra Vineyard-stage maybe...?
Stop getting me aroused!

Dytut said:
SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
Link?
That would seriously open up the possibility, that we might get Full-Length stages of the DR1 DLCs. 20km full Col de Turini, 20km Sweden, or 20km Panzerplatte plus extra Vineyard-stage maybe...?
Stop getting me aroused!
Keep making him aroused!

Snaky115 said:
Dytut said:
SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
Link?
Stop getting me aroused!
Keep making him aroused!

Jon said this, what does he mean? 
"will we ever see irish stages in Dirt Rally such as knockalla, molls gap": "it's something i would like to see in the future for sure." 
he said this with a misterious face...

elrojodp8 said:
Jon said this, what does he mean? 
"will we ever see irish stages in Dirt Rally such as knockalla, molls gap": "it's something i would like to see in the future for sure." 
he said this with a misterious face...
It certainly doesn't mean "yes", you can't read any more into it than that. I'd say it's the one "obvious" candidate that isn't in DR1 or DR2 but looks more hopeful than hinting.

Ulster rally : season 1. I'm pretty sure  I'd faint if/when that news breaks.

SkyRex said:
JZStudios said:
Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
The symbols on the left page look similar to the code that is partially visible on the right? Is that something? 
Notes in the right shows alphabet following code 191 and forwards in the extended ASCII table. So you can translate the symbols on the left page by using that. I'm at work so won't do it, but if anyone has the time and inclination....
Seems like no one cares about this at this point, but I might just point out that I am NOT a "code" writer. I might have to [REDACTED] and my coa=b has a fl#x+x
Maybe it helps anyone, I'm stuck here:

So, a little hint, I did that in my notebook of random scribbles and the BMW and Barcelona with a time stamp are actual Blender benchmarks, and the front, center, surround is my color code for my 5.1 speaker wires.
Also on the back of that page is a sketch of how my wheel connects to the wheelbase in case I ever buy an aftermarket rim.

Snaky115 said:
Dytut said:
SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
Link?
Stop getting me aroused!
Keep making him aroused!

That's a great movie.

JZStudios said:
Snaky115 said:
Dytut said:
SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
Link?
Stop getting me aroused!
Keep making him aroused!

That's a great movie.
I always keep a spare mouse in my wallet for occasions such as this.

AIPacino said:
If they manage to increase each stage by 5Km of the old ones, for example Route de Turini, that would be awesome. I mean, one of the few things that I wanted to see in DR was the ability to cross turini's top. But given how the stages are, you either finish or start there, crossing isn't available.
I remember the first community test day when a few of us went to play Dirt Rally for the first time, Paul told us that they had tried to join them together but it wouldn’t work. The reason being that they were made entirely separately, and when they tried to join them together, the engine would just lay them over the top of each other instead of stitching them together.

i actually prefer shorter more technical stages. maybe thats just me. :) .

AIPacino said:
I remember the first community test day when a few of us went to play Dirt Rally for the first time, Paul told us that they had tried to join them together but it wouldn’t work. The reason being that they were made entirely separately, and when they tried to join them together, the engine would just lay them over the top of each other instead of stitching them together.
That's something easily fixable, provided Monte Carlo isn't present in DR2.0 at launch and is a serious candidate for one of the DLCs.
I suppose the engine does that due to its "workspace" limitation, that's why with the new limits this stitching might work now, even if the stage needs to be cut a few inches from the begining and the end, in order to fit.

AIPacino said:
AIPacino said:
That's something easily fixable, provided Monte Carlo isn't present in DR2.0 at launch and is a serious candidate for one of the DLCs.
I suppose the engine does that due to its "workspace" limitation, that's why with the new limits this stitching might work now, even if the stage needs to be cut a few inches from the begining and the end, in order to fit.
We don't and won't know if that's easily fixable or not. Would be great if they find a way around it, but it's an evolution of the same engine so likely still impossible if it was then IMO.

AIPacino said:
maybe this is something that is fixed now (or could be) with the learned tech from D4 since they were joining tiles or roads or whatever for Your Stage.

AIPacino said:
AIPacino said:
We don't and won't know if that's easily fixable or not. Would be great if they find a way around it, but it's an evolution of the same engine so likely still impossible if it was then IMO.
That's just a matter of matching the Z coord in the 3D space. Nothing too serious. The trick could've been the workspace limitation. That's why you cut a few inches from the start and the end of the course until the track fits in the area.

JZStudios said:
Snaky115 said:
Dytut said:
SkyRex said:
elrojodp8 said:
Link?
Stop getting me aroused!
Keep making him aroused!

That's a great movie.
I always keep a spare mouse in my wallet for occasions such as this.
I'm not even sure I want to continue this discussion anymore, just don't have too much fun with Mr. Jingles.

Someone reminded me about something. What do we know about leagues/clubs? I assume they will return considering how successful they were. But will it be at launch?

Someone reminded me about something. What do we know about leagues/clubs? I assume they will return considering how successful they were. But will it be at launch?
Were they successful? Just asking because they took so long to arrive in DiRT 4 that I'd stopped paying attention by the time they did.

Like you, I had assumed that this functionality would be in DR2, but I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned thus far. Then again, not much has been mentioned thus far, so who can say? It was said in the last stream (exactly) a month ago that multiplayer would be discussed in the New Year, so maybe this week will be the week...

Well after finishing Flatout 2 I guess I wanted to hate myself even more and just finished playing through Dirt Showdown. Wow. Really wondering who's idea it was.
That being said, I think there's things we could use from it. For example, do we really need a speed-o-meter or more than a chase and hood cam? XD
I actually do miss the real 3D menu systems though, partially because they work better on ultrawide/multi-monitor, but also partially because it's almost like a way to test graphics settings.

If the change some options for clubs the could easily be in the game right from the start I think.
Just the chance to download the results as a .txt-file to import to Excel or whatever and everything stays the way it was. Ah, and maybe more than 12 stages and the chance to edit the points manually...

Gimmeh clubs with the option of custom point management so we can do old style WRC points, or modern points with power stages and stuff like that. Would be awesome.