DiRTy Gossip

Yes, I've always wanted to do the 10 point system from the late 90s.

I've never done clubs or leagues but may partake with fellow gossipers this time round.

urgaffel said:
Hey now, Dirt Showdown is quite fun as a mindless party game thing :D
nearly flagged this ! :D

Would be really great to have the possibility to play multiplayer championships on one PC.
For example 3 guys every friday night with some drinks and each one drives the stages one after the other...

Yeah hotseat mode needs to be finally brought in. It has been requested ever since DR1.

Hotseat...that's the word I was searching for... cheers mate!

LutzM said:
Would be really great to have the possibility to play multiplayer championships on one PC.
For example 3 guys every friday night with some drinks and each one drives the stages one after the other...
Yes, we have been doing this for 2 years in Dirt rally, but manually. Would be really cool  to have hot seat in game with all the service parks stuff etc.

Any news on if DR2.0 will have a livery editor, or a photo mode?

PJTierney said:
Any news on if DR2.0 will have a livery editor, or a photo mode?
No livery editor, but no words on a photo mode.

Flykas said:
LutzM said:
Yes, we have been doing this for 2 years in Dirt rally, but manually. Would be really cool  to have hot seat in game with all the service parks stuff etc.

Yeah white boards and magnets are so yesterday now ::smile:

Oscar97 said:
No livery editor? Sure? (I mean the one that was used in D4)

LutzM said:
Oscar97 said:
No livery editor? Sure? (I mean the one that was used in D4)
Yes, it's been confirmed that the liveries will be 'bespoke' designed ones with no editor at launch. 

Great, if that means that every car is completely designed and saved on it's own in the cars' .nefs-file it could be easier to use more edited liveries for the cars as in DR1 !!!!!
Great great great

LutzM said:
Great, if that means that every car is completely designed and saved on it's own in the cars' .nefs-file it could be easier to use more edited liveries for the cars as in DR1 !!!!!
Great great great
Cries in console

Also it may mean we're getting more inspired liveries than we got in DiRT 4.

LutzM said:
Great great great
Cries in console

Puts on PCMR cape 

gfRally said:

Puts on PCMR cape 
You're doing it wrong. We just let our glorious hair flow in the wind

I will not stand by while FlatOut 2 is disparaged. That game is a classic. I just re-played FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage last year. 

And Flatout 3 was rubbish... but it at least answered the question of that would the Nurburgring be like in an apocalypse:

https://youtu.be/lAAQrlrIzkI

urgaffel said:
Hey now, Dirt Showdown is quite fun as a mindless party game thing :D
It's... okay. I actually like the trick rush and smash whatever. The physics are... meh, dunno why they were changed, I kept wanting to drift around corners but the game doesn't let you. Other than that it's a very short game with not a lot of variety. Flatout at least had multiple locations they'd run different courses through that were a bit longer and more open.

I actually think if Dirtfish comes back the smash thing could be a fun distraction as a "test your skill" type deal, especially if people can make their own courses. I guess it isn't strictly a "rally" thing, but seeing how fast you can go through a tight little course would still be neat.

gfRally said:

Puts on PCMR cape 
You're doing it wrong. We just let our glorious hair flow in the wind
Fun fact, Terry Crews actually has a full head of hair. He just shaves his head because he seems to like it more.
dwkGravey said:
I will not stand by while FlatOut 2 is disparaged. That game is a classic. I just re-played FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage last year. 
I just played through it, if not for the blatantly cheating rubberbanding AI and the debris that just decides to randomly send you flying just before the finish it's pretty alright. Irritating as hell to finally get ahead of the cheating AI and a cardboard box sends me barrel rolling down the final straight as I then lose the race.
Oscar97 said:
FlatOut 1 is better, FlatOut 2 is too arcade-y.
I only remember the first on the Xbox and I gave up on it as a kid when I hit a roadblock and couldn't win the race on an ice lake or something.
And Flatout 3 was rubbish... but it at least answered the question of that would the Nurburgring be like in an apocalypse:
Wow. Yeah, think I'll skip that. XD

JZStudios said:
I only remember the first on the Xbox and I gave up on it as a kid when I hit a roadblock and couldn't win the race on an ice lake or something.
You should play it again some day. It's an arcade racer, yes, but it really makes you afraid of driving fast, because a single mistake can ruin your race. You can even break your suspension after a rough landing.

If watching Jon’s IG stories, it seems the CM crew are heading to the Monte Carlo rally.