DiRTy Gossip

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
Hey now, Dirt Showdown is quite fun as a mindless party game thing :D
It's... okay. I actually like the trick rush and smash whatever. The physics are... meh, dunno why they were changed, I kept wanting to drift around corners but the game doesn't let you. Other than that it's a very short game with not a lot of variety. Flatout at least had multiple locations they'd run different courses through that were a bit longer and more open.

I actually think if Dirtfish comes back the smash thing could be a fun distraction as a "test your skill" type deal, especially if people can make their own courses. I guess it isn't strictly a "rally" thing, but seeing how fast you can go through a tight little course would still be neat.

I’m a big fan of contact motorsports, and when I first saw the trailer for showdown I was so excited. Unfortunately it turned into a bittous filled mess with awful physics. If it had stayed like dirt 3 it would have been great, but instead they added nitrous and stuck all the assists permanently on. Even in gymkhana, you tried to slide past something and it would think you were trying a doughnut and would lock you into it. It was a shame, as it was a cool concept. Especially if it had been pulled off in a similar fashion to wreckfest

Oscar97 said:
JZStudios said:
I only remember the first on the Xbox and I gave up on it as a kid when I hit a roadblock and couldn't win the race on an ice lake or something.
You should play it again some day. It's an arcade racer, yes, but it really makes you afraid of driving fast, because a single mistake can ruin your race. You can even break your suspension after a rough landing.
Seems counter intuitive that they would add in big jumps everywhere that are completely pointless since they damage your car. Flatout 2 I just avoided all jumps possible because it was too difficult to get a straight landing consistently. One track had a ramp that spun you into the wall EVERY SINGLE TIME, The AI too. Avoiding it on the last lap was the best way to win a race. I still think it's a cool concept and haven't spent the money on Wreckfest to see how or if anythings improved.
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
Hey now, Dirt Showdown is quite fun as a mindless party game thing :D
It's... okay. I actually like the trick rush and smash whatever. The physics are... meh, dunno why they were changed, I kept wanting to drift around corners but the game doesn't let you. Other than that it's a very short game with not a lot of variety. Flatout at least had multiple locations they'd run different courses through that were a bit longer and more open.

I actually think if Dirtfish comes back the smash thing could be a fun distraction as a "test your skill" type deal, especially if people can make their own courses. I guess it isn't strictly a "rally" thing, but seeing how fast you can go through a tight little course would still be neat.

I’m a big fan of contact motorsports, and when I first saw the trailer for showdown I was so excited. Unfortunately it turned into a bittous filled mess with awful physics. If it had stayed like dirt 3 it would have been great, but instead they added nitrous and stuck all the assists permanently on. Even in gymkhana, you tried to slide past something and it would think you were trying a doughnut and would lock you into it. It was a shame, as it was a cool concept. Especially if it had been pulled off in a similar fashion to wreckfest
Uh-oh, Dude, your bro is showing. But I agree, if they kept the same physics... and had more camera angles it would be a much better game.

FlatOut 3 and onwards weren't made by Bugbear and are best avoided, forgotten really.

Wreckfest was my GOTY for 2018. It's a bit more toned down than FlatOut, in that you can have what feels like a realistic Finnish folk race on authentic-looking dirt tracks (no smashing through shopping malls), and you can even play it in cockpit cam with a wheel. And on the flip side, the game also lets you race on a lawnmower against 23 combine harvesters. Like I said, GOTY.

I just hope wreckfest finally comes to console, it’s been delayed so many times! As I said before, I love contact motorsport and I really want a proper racing game that replicates that. 

After rallying, screaming V8’s and big hits is my favourite thing!
https://youtu.be/W9NTPsrEuBs

JorritVD said:
If watching Jon’s IG stories, it seems the CM crew are heading to the Monte Carlo rally.
They haven't got time for a weekend away: there is a game to finish! :smiley:

JorritVD said:
If watching Jon’s IG stories, it seems the CM crew are heading to the Monte Carlo rally.
Looks like Jon and Ross are in Cologne. 
Ford Licence? or something else?

JorritVD said:
Press event seems more likely? 

bogani said:
JorritVD said:
Press event seems more likely? 

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/dir-rally-20-schon-vor-release-in-koeln-spielen-gewinnspiel-fuer-gamestar-plus,3339053.html
Codemasters showing Dirt rally 2.0 with Jon,   it will be playable between 14:00 and 17:00 German time.
its likley finished game version, hope there will be footage, also that means Car list is completed by now?
edit: Jons Fiestas R5 Livery Dmack

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1087648749990629376/photo/1

Nice, here the direct link for the Twitter image:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxgaPAGXgAEytNr.jpg:large

and from the Dirt IG story:

JorritVD said:
Nice, here the direct link for the Twitter image:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxgaPAGXgAEytNr.jpg:large

and from the Dirt IG story:

Lancer confirmed!

Nice to see Jon's D-Mack livery on the Fiesta as well. 

Should get a lot more info this week onwards then. I'm imagining there won't be an embargo this time around?

JorritVD said:
Polo Super 1600 confirmed. 
Yeah, looks like the Ernestas Staponkus Polo to me!

As said above, hopefully a press tour means we're going to get more news this week.

I can only imagine the Camaro is going to be a big heavy car to drive.  Gives me flashbacks to GRID2.

The Twitter post has a 'create championship' button, which I'm guessing is a multiplayer menu option.

Rallystu2 said:
Should get a lot more info this week onwards then. I'm imagining there won't be an embargo this time around?

Interviews and content/capture taken from the event won't be, but reviews/let's plays, etc, will all be held to the same embargo time (still TBC). It's worth mentioning that these are managed previews with special builds, so still not fully representative of what the game will be in a month's time... but they're very close!

Well with the addition of the S1600 Polo and the Evo VI (which I have assumed is Group A) that brings us to 30 confirmed cars in total (including the pre-order Porsche).

I wonder if the full car list will drop now they are on what I assume is a "final" press tour?

EDIT: Only saw the post from @ChristinaMc after I posted: guess we might have to wait a little longer for the car list if the press haven't got their hands on the final version! 

If the Lancer hasn't moved to the 2000cc class, I hope at least we can combine it with the Focus and Impreza 2001 in a multiclass event. D4 punished the Lancer VI by restricting it to Group A only. Not to mention its handling was heavy and not that fast at all.
In real life the Lancer smoked every car, including the 206 in its first phase.

One month to go and still no info on the car lists or what the Season-DLCs(In case of Rally, not RX) may bring... CM knows how to rise the tension!

IMO they could now tell us: Hey dudes, we bring you those cars on this locatios from the start, and we plan to bring those cars/locations in a DLC which may arrive in month X. And the cars/locations from the DLC can be used in a league/multiplayer game even if one player hasn't purchased the DLC. Quite easy I think...the rest of the game is what it is and you will see when it's released...

(And I hope it's also a male german Co that will be available, not just that german girl - might remind me of my wife telling me which parking space I should've used :D)

We got a unknown blue car showing up in Jon's IG stories. The one posted 2h ago show a blue car in replay on the 2nd screen. Seems an old Citroen DS...

AIPacino said:
If the Lancer hasn't moved to the 2000cc class, I hope at least we can combine it with the Focus and Impreza 2001 in a multiclass event. D4 punished the Lancer VI by restricting it to Group A only. Not to mention its handling was heavy and not that fast at all.
In real life the Lancer smoked every car, including the 206 in its first phase.
Yeah, I agree. The Evo VI (or rather 6.5) was still winning events in 2001, so I would personally prefer to see a slightly uprated version in the 2000cc class...

...I am a bit torn though, as I would like to see an Evo in Group A as well. A III or IV would seem the best match, but I don't know how realistic an expectation that is! 

Birdman44 said:
We got a unknown blue car showing up in Jon's IG stories. The one posted 2h ago show a blue car in replay on the 2nd screen. Seems an old Citroen DS...
Maybe!