DiRTy Gossip

AIPacino said:
I am just worrying that there is not yet some kind of footage of up to 2000ccm Car..
 hope they are in game..
So far there's a screenshot of a Lancer Evo VI, which kinda counts as a 2000cc car.
But was a Group A last time (even though it makes little sense to have it in a class with a Lancia Delta IMO). So far kit cars and '2000s' class are the ones from D4 we've seen nothing of, and with all the new cars in game (including some surprises like the DS) I suspect a couple of those might have made way. The 2000s class in particular has cars made to "WRC" rulebooks, so this may be a reason that it's difficult to include.

AIPacino said:
I am just worrying that there is not yet some kind of footage of up to 2000ccm Car..
 hope they are in game..
So far there's a screenshot of a Lancer Evo VI, which kinda counts as a 2000cc car.
But was a Group A last time (even though it makes little sense to have it in a class with a Lancia Delta IMO). So far kit cars and '2000s' class are the ones from D4 we've seen nothing of, and with all the new cars in game (including some surprises like the DS) I suspect a couple of those might have made way. The 2000s class in particular has cars made to "WRC" rulebooks, so this may be a reason that it's difficult to include.
That would be a shame, as it's the best class and one that "everyone" has been requesting to be fully represented since DR1. Some say R5 class is better, cars are more modern and perhaps faster, but nothing beats the handling and specularity of the late 90s, early 2000s 2000cc cars, not to mention the drivers that drove those. There's just too much golden history in that class and era, which should be homaged in a proper contemporary rally game, and that is DiRT Rally 1-2.0.

What worries me is that there was no mention of Leagues/clubs in the interview
Good point - multiplayer championships were mentioned, so not sure if that's similar under a different name.

I notice in the video interview, mention of DLC included 'fan favourites' in the context of cars (not just locations) - guess the Group B RX class would count here (although the cynic in me asks if it was anyone's favourite?) but could also be any cars from the previous two games that aren't in this one at launch. Kit Cars / 2000CCs? With only 5 cars in each season and at least 3 of those 10 confirmed ones being Group B RX (and multiple WRX ones being mentioned elsewhere), that seems to leave a maximum of 5 DLC cars being rally cars, by my count.

AIPacino said:
 hope they are in game..
I must confess that I am a little concerned by the lack of WRCars at this point. It's the class many of us have been calling for more of, bit we have seen nothing so far... 

...hopefully we are going to be bombarded with 2000cc class car pictures at the next press launch! 

Well, if it sells, there may be more. So let's see.

More video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdBAc29N97c

Half hour of a 'historic campaign' - seems there's a mix of the DR1 and D4 career formats but mainly following DR1's.

Video contains:
R4 Subaru in USA
H1 Lancia in NZ
GpA Subaru in Arg
R2 Fiesta in NZ

I think the Kit Car class and the 2000cc class may have been sacrificed from the base game to make room for new additions in other classes. Otherwise the number of cars would be in 60s. Kit Cars and early 2000s WRC are in a bit of grey area, too fast for Group A but already reaching, almost, 20 years of age. With the return of Group B RX via DLC, it's entirely possible for new classes to be introduced in DLC and those classes can also be from previous games. I'm definitely not a fan of the practice but it isn't like Codemasters hasn't released content present on the base package of the previous game, as DLC, before. GRID Autosport DLC (containing GRID 2 base cars)? Just saying.

From the last video

- 'Unexpected moments' option in championship mode - would like to know more about this - any low flying helicopters for @tbtstt ?
- Stage in the US looks great in the mud and wet, grip levels seem suitably low although leaving the road seems to have little negative effect - no idea if it's based on a real life location (North Fork Pass?)
- US stage (a 'long' one) appears to be just over 12km long
- People who don't like Dirt 4 physics will have a field day with this one - I blame chase view, he switches to cockpit mode in the last clip (the Fiesta R2) and it looks spot on
- Was hoping hitting metal poles might do a bit more damage than shake the screen around and slow you down a little
- Datsun 240Z confirmed in game
- The menu system seems really nice, much smarter than D4 IMO
- Looking at the number of splits in short v long stages, I think Argentina is just the full El Condor, seems very short in total (~17km with both 'long' stages combined, compared to Poland and New Zealand which each have one stage of ~16km)
- I know damage is off, but 7 second penalty for falling off a cliff is even less than last time - I hope 'hardcore' more improves that
- AI slider! Love it, thanks Codies. Now, if you can add a 'field spread' one in future patches too...

Well, I guess that's the end of an enjoyably binge-worthy news day. For some of the questions that have been answered today, excellent, but would still like confirmation of the car list, unique KMs etc.

Michigan looks really nice !
Is there a video showing some Australian stage ?

I hope a new devlog with some proper quality replays soon :)

Anyways, the night on rainy Argentina looks quite bright, while night in NZ looks OK.
And wet Michigan kinda looks very shiny / plastic on some angles.

Superb on the whole. That New England stage was fantastic, and I particularly enjoyed the transition between inner forest, and outer forest areas. Nice variety. One negative would be just how metallic and reflective the standing water was. Almost like molten lead had been poured into the ruts. I can forgive that very difficult thing to get right though. 

VERY EXCITED.

Rallystu2 said:
Superb on the whole. That New England stage was fantastic, and I particularly enjoyed the transition between inner forest, and outer forest areas. Nice variety. One negative would be just how metallic and reflective the standing water was. Almost like molten lead had been poured into the ruts. I can forgive that very difficult thing to get right though. 

VERY EXCITED.

Completely with you on that comment. The lighting effect on the water did seem a little overdone and the car seemed to glide over it rather than displace the water, but I won't notice any of that in cockpit/dash/bonnet cam, so that would be nitpicking. The stage itself looks superb.

toninus said:
Anyways, the night on rainy Argentina looks quite bright, while night in NZ looks OK.
OK, I see it's only 17h00 in Argentina so probably just early night. But it's very blueish...

Looks like they aren't happy with the result...

toninus said:
toninus said:
OK, I see it's only 17h00 in Argentina so probably just early night. But it's very blueish...

In argentina it gets dark at 9:30 p.m. in summer and at 7 p.m. in winter (extremes)

so at 5:15 PM (hour of the stage) it is absolutely daytime, only cloudy and with torrential rain

another thing, I do not know why it says "Catamarca province", this site is in Córdoba province...

elrojodp8 said:
another thing, I do not know why it says "Catamarca province", this site is in Córdoba province...
It's so they don't get in trouble with WRC Promotor. 

elrojodp8 said:
All the locations are 'fictional' I believe. The New Zealand stages are based on Whaanga Coast, on the opposite side of NZ to the claimed 'Hawkes Bay'.

toninus said:
toninus said:

If you look at the menu on the championship selection, there is a 'sunset' and a 'dusk' option. I guess the NZ footage at the end is full night, Argentina is sunset or dusk.

I hope my driver's not going to be that angry at not winning each stage. I'm happy to fight over midfield positions and not for the win personally.

elrojodp8 said:
But Catamarca is 500km away from El Condor, they can name it with a fictional name and it will be better

elrojodp8 said:
But Catamarca is 500km away from El Condor, they can name it with a fictional name and it will be better

In the second live dirt show, it said "traslasierra valley", much better, since it was the name of the region

there were many good things today, that's just one detail, avoidable, but only one detail at the end

elrojodp8 said:
Could be worse - read up on the Greek names in the first game! Admittedly, I agree that fictional names would be preferable.

elrojodp8 said:
We both live in Argentina, and I agree with you. Just maybe the 500km is the buffer zone the CM lawyers came up with "just to be safe" LOL.

Then again, in the stage they even put the old suspension bridge that you bypass in your car. I've driven it. That's very real. 

Who knows what all the legal grey areas that the WRC license really entails. 

[Shrugs] 

More video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdBAc29N97c

Half hour of a 'historic campaign' - seems there's a mix of the DR1 and D4 career formats but mainly following DR1's.

Video contains:
R4 Subaru in USA
H1 Lancia in NZ
GpA Subaru in Arg
R2 Fiesta in NZ
I just realized why I don't like the callouts. They're all in upspeak which I find rather annoying. Every callout is a question.