DiRTy Gossip

I'm actually a bit hesitant to watch too much footage as once I hit the stages myself I've already seen every single kilometer of it  :#

bogani said:
I'm actually a bit hesitant to watch too much footage as once I hit the stages myself I've already seen every single kilometer of it  :#
Fair comment; I watched the US stage to get a feel but I'll skip through a lot of the actual game footage (although I'm on the lookout for more tarmac or RGT stuff) - more interested in menus, options, modes and hunting for car/stage peeks at this point.

It's good to skip lightly through that stuff, there is some generally bad gamepad play, auto gears, no concept of handbrake use and either locked wheels stay locked, or a selection of assists turned on.

Toe-in/out setup description is still wrong even though I pointed it out since pre Dirt 4   :s

Porsche on Asphalt footage(s) has worried me (too slippy for my taste, no grip at all), but the 30min video just make me regain confidence ! 
There is, for my taste, a real improvement in cosmetic aspects (general graphics), and I love the atmosphere of the rallys presented !
On  "gameplay" part, it looks pretty close to dirt Rally 1 in philosophy, so all good for me :)
On a side note, you, native english speakers were lucky to get Paul at pacenotes for dirt rally 1. Dirt rally 2 bring a really step up regarding this for non native english speakers : A professional co driver  ! (French Dirt Rally 1 wasn't bad, but was not "engaging" + few errors). 
Everything smells good for this new dirt!!!
Can't wait.

JZStudios said:
I just hope wreckfest finally comes to console, it’s been delayed so many times! As I said before, I love contact motorsport and I really want a proper racing game that replicates that. 

After rallying, screaming V8’s and big hits is my favourite thing!
https://youtu.be/W9NTPsrEuBs
With how aggressive "non-contact" drivers can be in the pits, I don't know how those guys don't get into full fisticuffs. A slight bump or nudge is one thing, but a pit maneuver into the wall seems like asking to be punched in the face. Throat at least.
Haha, it doesn’t tend to happen very often, if at all to be honest. The drivers know what sport theyre in, and pretty much everything is settled on track. 90% of the time contact is just a light tap on the rear bumper in an attempt to push them wode so that you can get by. Ignore all the promo stuff at the start, but this is quite a good video from the European championship:

https://youtu.be/Lol6ew2pnIA

Zoz74 said:
Porsche on Asphalt footage(s) has worried me (too slippy for my taste, no grip at all), but the 30min video just make me regain confidence ! 
There is, for my taste, a real improvement in cosmetic aspects (general graphics), and I love the atmosphere of the rallys presented !
On  "gameplay" part, it looks pretty close to dirt Rally 1 in philosophy, so all good for me :)
On a side note, you, native english speakers were lucky to get Paul at pacenotes for dirt rally 1. Dirt rally 2 bring a really step up regarding this for non native english speakers : A professional co driver  ! (French Dirt Rally 1 wasn't bad, but was not "engaging" + few errors). 
Everything smells good for this new dirt!!!
Can't wait.
Did we ever get any info on who's the Spanish speaking co-driver? I know Luis Moya was being rumored, but it's probably a good thing if he isn't as I would have to learn Spanish  o:)

Looks like the Phil Price Rally School stuff is happening today, so we should see some more videos today

I'm hoping they say 'come down if you're in the area', as I'm in the area. And by in the area, I of course mean miles away but ready to jump in the car. Alas it's probably a firm press only vibe.

Looks like the Phil Price Rally School stuff is happening today, so we should see some more videos today
Please make today the day for 2000cc car videos...

*fingers crossed*

- Datsun 240Z confirmed in game
Wait ... Where ?! I know I've skipped thru, but I haven't seen it.

EDIT : Found it : https://youtu.be/sdBAc29N97c?t=503

tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
Jon have been making winky smileys when people asked about 00's WRC spec cars. Crossing my fingers as well! 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
Jon have been making winky smileys when people asked about 00's WRC spec cars. Crossing my fingers as well! 
I know of one 00 WRC is coming. And it’s not one that people are particularly expecting. 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
I know of one 00 WRC is coming. And it’s not one that people are particularly expecting. 
I'm calling it:

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
Uuuuuu. So a 'WRC' class is confirmed then?! 

Might it be the Hyundai Accent or Skoda Octavia/Fabia?  o:)

skoda most likely.                                                                                    

Perhaps it's the greatest WRCar of all. 

:smiley:

bogani said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
Uuuuuu. So a 'WRC' class is confirmed then?! 

Might it be the Hyundai Accent or Skoda Octavia/Fabia?  o:)
Dare I raise my hopes for the Evo VI to join it and leave a space in Group A for a proper mid 90s Lancer...?

bogani said:
tbtstt said:

*fingers crossed*
Calling it now. Seat Cordoba.

Haha, I deserved the flag for posting that @bogani! 

I think my WRCar preference is well known: any Impreza WRCar, especially S5, S11 or S12b has my vote!

Well after seeing all the gameplay we have, it seems most of the tracks from DR2 will actually be smoother than the ones we had in DR1. I especially notice a severe lack of hairpins, and I don't think Australia will have a lot of them... Argentina sure has but it's so tight and slow it doesn't really fell the same to me. Tracks seems less bumpy too.

Really hope MC, Germany and Greece (last one being replaceable with Mexico or Italy) to come soon in DLC !

That Argentina stage looks frightening  :open_mouth: I can't imagine that with a groupe B machine  :dizzy: It is even narrower than in SLR EVO!

tbtstt said:
Haha, I deserved the flag for posting that @bogani! 

I think my WRCar preference is well known: any Impreza WRCar, especially S5, S11 or S12b has my vote!
I didn't want to flag or abuse in case you were serious, I'm glad I can now see it was a joke ;)

Hard to tell without a side by side comparison, but it looks like rain may have a bigger affect on stages. The clips in the rain all looked very slippy, which is good to see. Still incredibly
excited to see that precious, precious car list!