DiRTy Gossip

Also, keep in mind some graphics aspects are usually tuned down while it's WIP, so the water reflections and effects might get better at release. The same happened with DR1.

The problem with wet roads is that the water is all over the tracks no matter the slopes. There should be puddles and dryer parts.

toninus said:
The problem with wet roads is that the water is all over the tracks no matter the slopes. There should be puddles and dryer parts.
Well that was the case on dirt 4, you would often find puddles on the inside of corners, so hopefully that carries over

If the vermont subaru Rx is now a confirmed car, even though it isn't in Fia WRX... Does that maybe open up possibilities for David Higgins Subaru of Rally America?  I just don't See an existing class where you could put it in... Unless they create a New "Modern Open" class slightly above R5. But what other Cars would fit in as comoetition?

SkyRex said:
If the vermont subaru Rx is now a confirmed car, even though it isn't in Fia WRX... Does that maybe open up possibilities for David Higgins Subaru of Rally America?  I just don't See an existing class where you could put it in...
The Subaru is ARX, which is directly connected to the WRX via the series promoter (IMG). 

Would be cool to see the ARA WRX STI but, as you say, it would be in a class in it's own. 

1. 1995 subaru looks very artificial. It somehow glows in the dark. looks like UE game circa 2005.
2. Graphics have that dated feel. I can't quite put it into words but it just doesn't look 2019 IMO. and the SSR in Michigan are overbearing.

I think its a little odd to see so many puddles.  Maybe they where pretty far back in the order and this is how its represented graphically.  I'm ok with that, but it would be nice to see a few dryer spots instead of the rutty puddles the entire stage.  

Maybe they still could do something to improve those puddles? Like apply some form of transparency after SSR? It just looks like there are mirrors everywhere.

And night footage is just bad. Cars glow and look far worse than in DR. Lighting glitch in preview build? Maybe some issues with Xbox version as I don't think think they would lower the details when showing off PC version (you can see that reflections are actually updated at half the framerate).

1. 1995 subaru looks very artificial. It somehow glows in the dark. looks like UE game circa 2005.
2. Graphics have that dated feel. I can't quite put it into words but it just doesn't look 2019 IMO. and the SSR in Michigan are overbearing.
Well, the engine itself is dated, we can't say anything else. 

Think of a Dirt Rally title with Forza Horizon 4 graphics! 

2000 cars:
Peugeot 206
Ford Focus 00
Subaru Impreza 00 (before bug eye)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI
SEAT Cordoba 00
Skoda Octavia 00
Hyundai Accent 00

Assuming the Lancer Evo VI is already in-game and the Ford Focus 00 is the same as 01 and might be already ingame as well, that leaves space for 5 cars, unless the Impreza 01 is also ingame. Considering that, out of the lot, the 206 would be the most anticipated.

I checked the Cerealkillerz footage, and made some screenshots which maybe are interesting:

The menu screens look somewhat cleaner than D4 from these shots, I hope that translates to the rest as the Main Menu was a nightmare to remember where everything was. It was just...odd

Seems the stages are driven as they were in DR1 - in both directions. And added together to one long stage...
So NZ should be 11,4km and 16,06km - maybe a third long stage per country...??? That would be awful!!

yes i preffered dirt rally how simple it was. was like a dream bad UI is a nightmare in games.

I'm hoping there will be a situation where the hard tire will be relevant. I mean the stages aren't massively long so will there be any requirement to select the hard compound tire ever? 

Also a event in the BeNeLux today:
https://twitter.com/KochMediaBLX/status/1088013497064144896

Rallystu2 said:
I'm hoping there will be a situation where the hard tire will be relevant. I mean the stages aren't massively long so will there be any requirement to select the hard compound tire ever? 
When doing multiple stages without a service stop?

From the UK event (someone recognizes the cockpit? EDIT: it is from the PUG 208 WRX)
https://twitter.com/EternalLeeHD/status/1088001755831549952

tbtstt said:
Rallystu2 said:
I believe Paul talked about having an option where they scaled the tire wear accordingly so it should have an impact. 

tbtstt said:
Rallystu2 said:
Well I'm hoping that will be the case, certainly for hotter drier stages. However, are the stages and amount of stages between service stops going to be enough to warrant the harder compound. Given that there may only be 4 actual stages per rally, the scope for hard tires seems limited. Unless we repeat stages an awful lot throughout a rally. I dunno. I'm remaining hopeful that there are more unique km' s per event than dr1.

I think they are going to operate in loops of stages, so there are possibilities. Be interesting to see how much punishment the mediums can take. And how the events will be structured.

From the Lee Hunt tweet:

It is the Peugeot 208 WRX cockpit. And it is at Silverstone I guess. Maybe new footage compared to yesterday we can expect?

The Gadget Show were tagged in one of the tweets, I wonder how they're involved? I'm assuming its a comparison of real world rally driving compared to the DR2 physics first hand?