DiRTy Gossip

LutzM said:
Seems the stages are driven as they were in DR1 - in both directions. And added together to one long stage...
So NZ should be 11,4km and 16,06km - maybe a third long stage per country...??? That would be awful!!
Pretty sure that just shows Stage 1 first half, Stage 1 second half, Stage 2 full, Stage 1 first half reverse, Stage 1 second half reverse.

I’d say this makes it look even less likely there’ll be more than ‘2’ stages per location. I wonder why Argentina is so relatively ‘short’. Its long stages seem to be about 4km shorter than the next shortest.

LutzM said:
Seems the stages are driven as they were in DR1 - in both directions. And added together to one long stage...
So NZ should be 11,4km and 16,06km - maybe a third long stage per country...??? That would be awful!!
Pretty sure that just shows Stage 1 first half, Stage 1 second half, Stage 2 full, Stage 1 first half reverse, Stage 1 second half reverse.

I’d say this makes it look even less likely there’ll be more than ‘2’ stages per location. I wonder why Argentina is so relatively ‘short’. Its long stages seem to be about 4km shorter than the next shortest.
Probably because it’s a slower rally than the others. Finland in DR was longer than the others to make up for how fast it was, so the reverse probably applies here

https://twitter.com/KochMediaBLX/status/1088049435127484416

I could of course be lying and winding you up about a 00 WRC coming. 
Given that this is the Gossip Thread, I'll feel free to ignore this and get back to praying for the 206 WRC to be in game, and thank you very much

Now that we have the fabia r5 what would be the chances of getting the fabiaWRC?
I’d still say fairly low, until we know there is a 2000s class.

Friends, let's pray for hotseat mode and weekends of Rally Parties!!!!!

Now that we have the fabia r5 what would be the chances of getting the fabiaWRC?
At this point I wouldn’t mind the 2000s class being dlc if we get more cars in the class.

Awesome to see the R5 Skoda. Who ever had that thought with DR1 and D4.

I can imagine after the media events, we het the full car list. So possible friday?

JorritVD said:

I can imagine after the media events, we het the full car list. So possible friday?
In fairness, there wasn’t a class for a modern Skoda in DR1, and a Fabia R5 wouldn’t have saved D4...

At this point I wouldn’t mind the 2000s class being dlc if we get more cars in the class.
You have to consider, as someone already said, that locking an entire car class behind a paywall isn't a good idea... So maybe the 2000s class will be present at launch with very few vehicles and they plan to expand on it with DLCs (which I'd be fine with because WRCs <3) 

JorritVD said:

If cars continue to be spotted at the current rate most of the list will have been figured out by Friday! :D

I wonder if the media events are just this week, or if they roll into next week as well? 

JorritVD said:
Btw, hoping that Chriss Ingram's livery will be in it.

Good shout, it’s  a really nice one. And the lad needs all the help he can get if Eurosport keep trying to shaft him...

i really do like the look of the skodas. it is really astonishing when you think how far they come since the 80s.

That's another packet of biscuits coming out of my pocket. Loving your work, Codies.

dgeesi0 said:
i really do like the look of the skodas. it is really astonishing when you think how far they come since the 80s.
Yup. I'm currently scanning the market for a 2015/2016 Octavia Rs Estate. The look gorgeous in white  o:)

Honestly now. What are the media outlets doing? no technical questions only stupid things like "what made you do it realistic" and such (well, D4 sold bad that's the obvious reason). Nobody mentions dated graphics, bad night-time lighting model, nobody cares about the underlying tech. To this day, nobody asked about number of variables that are involved in tire physics for example. Is it still going to be just DX11 with bad multi-threading? Triple-monitor suport with separate renderers?

Please confirm a Name-Editor Codies...or at least put the names of the guys in, that drive the cars you have licenses for!!

LutzM said:
Please confirm a Name-Editor Codies...or at least put the names of the guys in, that drive the cars you have licenses for!!

That eould be a great addition! #nonameeditornobuy

I had a 2007 Skoda Fabia for several years and that car was great, right up until the point when it suffered a catastrophic engine failure.

Still, despite that experience rather tainting my view of the car, the Fabia is an iconic car of the R5 class (in my opinion) and I think it's a fantastic addition to the R5 class. 

The Gadget Show were tagged in one of the tweets, I wonder how they're involved? I'm assuming its a comparison of real world rally driving compared to the DR2 physics first hand?
Wouldn’t be surprised if this were true. I know a year or two ago they had a segment with Project Cars 2 where Ortis used the game to practice laps at Brands Hatch and then put it into practice in the real car on the circuit