DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

At least the game should give us the chance to mix the classes so we can race the Lancer against the 2001's. Not like in DiRT4 where car classes were locked.

By the way, reading all this whilst sat on a delayed to the Monte Carlo (well, to Lyon) is really getting me in the right mood :tongue:

Lyon's awesome too if you get time there. Definitley jealous. Not sure what modern monte is like with the service area no longer in Monaco, but im sure its still quality. 

Knowing the total number of cars would be really helpful at this point. We have 45 confirmed so far and I can think of five returnees that I am certain will be in game (Lancia 037 Evo 2, Ford RS200, Lancia Delta S4, MG Metro 6R4 and Peugeot 205 T16) which would take us to 50. 

If the total is 51 or 52 then we are surely just missing the odd car, but if the total is 54+ then there is a good chance there is another class we are yet to see. 

EDIT: Was just reminded about the Sierra. That seems likely to be in as well, so that takes us to a fairly certain 51.

AIPacino said:
At least the game should give us the chance to mix the classes so we can race the Lancer against the 2001's. Not like in DiRT4 where car classes were locked.
Guess that's possible in self-made championships or leagues/clubs

I am still stuck on that R-GT tease message by Christina (page 1473), i am hopeful for that class. If one Porsche is confirmed, why not a Cayman as second?  :D

Plus we’ve got rallycameraman’s tease about a 2000’s car, and there was one regular car that I thought about earlier that I’ve now forgotten

Well, after all these reveals, I'm just missing a confirmation of a Hyundai i20 R5 and a Peugeot 208 R2. Then, it's about Season 1 and what exciting locations it may bring.

tbtstt said:
Great video, two Super 1600's cars and the Mitsubishi R5 spotted already! 
6x R5s!! Holy moly 
... Wait until you see what's in the GT class. And this is just at launch!  :D :D
So Christina, first you surprise me with the DS21 and now you tickle me with the Abarth 124 :)

He say
Besides the new stage degradation I really enjoyed the improved handling and the effects your tyre choice has. It feels a bit more realistic than the previous titles. Some cars were extremely hard to get under control on some tracks but if you find the right car and settings it plays amazing and allows a good rally experience."

The first articles are online from the press event in cologne:
https://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2019-01-23-dirt-rally-2-0-wie-klingt-dark-souls-auf-raedern-fuer-euch
It says you have to watch your tires' state and maybe need switch your available tires between the stages. And it mentioned some of the stages are up to 15 mins long.

https://www.ingame.de/previews/vorschau-dirt-rally-2-0/
It mentions team and garage (maybe like in dirt 4?) and upgrades and tuning to improve stage times.

Rallystu2 said:
I feel like Air France are mocking me with my seat number...
Flying from Paris to lyon? Is that like a 20 minute flight time? Lol
I feel like the time between boarding and departure is longer than the actual flight :lol:

I feel like Air France are mocking me with my seat number...
You may ask to change your seat to WRC99 or S5, depending if you choose to follow the Subaru or Prodrive denomination 

Some more footage from the cologne event i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8Igq2taDM

What a day it’s been for DiRTy content! I wonder what surprises tomorrow will bring?!
I guess something that begins with C and ends with ar list.

What a day it’s been for DiRTy content! I wonder what surprises tomorrow will bring?!
You're off to Phil Price Rally School tomorrow then? 

Just hope they get the Lancer sound right this time :D 

https://youtu.be/BJvLjf6Ydow?t=22