DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
What a day it’s been for DiRTy content! I wonder what surprises tomorrow will bring?!
You're off to Phil Price Rally School tomorrow then? 
I bloody wish!
Ha, I thought you might have got an invite! Well there seems to have been a good stream of information this week, let's hope it continues tomorrow! 

It's been a good couple o days. Still amazed by the R5 content. Very happy indeed. Soften the increasingly inevitable stage kilometer bombshell that is looming overhead.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
What a day it’s been for DiRTy content! I wonder what surprises tomorrow will bring?!
You're off to Phil Price Rally School tomorrow then? 
I bloody wish!
Ha, I thought you might have got an invite! Well there seems to have been a good stream of information this week, let's hope it continues tomorrow! 
NO!! Need time to process it all.

JorritVD said:
Some more footage from the cologne event i think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8Igq2taDM

I love these loading screens! Just beautiful. Whole UI looks great from what I’ve seen, natural refinement of DR1/D4. 

Its funny because I live in trois-rivières and I did not miss any Rallycross event there!! Now its so amazing to see the track in a game!!!

Honestly now. What are the media outlets doing? no technical questions only stupid things like "what made you do it realistic" and such (well, D4 sold bad that's the obvious reason). Nobody mentions dated graphics, bad night-time lighting model, nobody cares about the underlying tech. To this day, nobody asked about number of variables that are involved in tire physics for example. Is it still going to be just DX11 with bad multi-threading? Triple-monitor suport with separate renderers?
I would also like to know if they are adding 'proper' triple monitor support with seperate rendering so the sides arent so stretched.

Also noticed that the night lighting model seems to use the Dirt 4 'downgraded' version rather than the Dirt Rally one that had all those awesome shadows from the headlights. Its dissapointing that they seem to have gone backwards in this feature, is it a time constraint thing to add it each time?

Im very impressed with the footage of New England, it looks more fun than I was thinking with some fast sections and some technical ones too, and loved those thick foresty parts.The quality of the stage looked fantastic as usual from Codies and that muddy surface with all those puddles looked spectacular. Reminds me of some great stages from previous McRae titles and may even turn out to be a favourite location for me.

I keep thinking how amazing it will be if this game gets more and more seasons added in the future, because for every location the dev team choose, they create something truly special that is a class above. 

Still hoping that all the wonderful work of the original Dirt Rally stages can be also put into the new game, they are just too good not to include in my opinion and new players to the franchise would be in for a double bonus when they get to play them for the first time.

Gah, I need more footage of the Australian stages. Codies is doing me an uncanny valley here, the gravel surfaces are starting to look rather similar to some places I know. Beginning more and more to remind me of home.

Looks like we are getting the Fabia R5 Evo witch in real life will be homologated in mid 2019.
So we are getting this car before real life debut. :smiley:

On this screenshot from a youtube video you can see its the facelift model. :smile:
https://imgur.com/a2iIRK3

If we end up getting Monte Carlo I really hope we have to crawl through the icy/snowy parts at the speed of a snail if we have tires adapted to tarmac. In DR you had a super tire that worked on both surfaces.

LutzM said:
Friends, let's pray for hotseat mode and weekends of Rally Parties!!!!!
Tottaly agree. The lack of an offline multiplayer in Dirt Rally was a big miss. And still is.

@ChristinaMc 
Can we expect (next to the DLC) free content updates after the release? F.e. extra liveries or cars that not could have finished in time for the launch release. F.e. the ARX Subaru 2019 liveries. Or f.e. the Citroën DS3 RX, Focus RS RX, Polo RX (Marklund) or Ibiza RX that were all in D4 and competed in WRX / ERX / ARX in 2018?

AIPacino said:
Just hope they get the Lancer sound right this time :D 

https://youtu.be/BJvLjf6Ydow?t=22
I doubt it will be. Very hard to find a Group A Lancer these days!

Maybe Piet van Hoof. He got an Evo IV in original factory colours:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/100-piet-van-hoof/

Otherwise here a huge list of possible contact persons:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/cars/130-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-vi/#stats

JorritVD said:
Maybe Piet van Hoof. He got an Evo IV in original factory colours:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/100-piet-van-hoof/
How about the Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen drove in Rally Argentina 2001 ;) Car is owned by Arjen de Koning and maintained by Van Hoof Sport.

It's 9:45 and the Gossip thread is quiet. What time are the surprises arriving? 

They have started the media day at the Rallyschool according to the DiRT Instagram. So hopefully we'll see something soon

I can't imagine much more info coming out today. I reckon there's a big roadblock coming tomorrow maybe?

Car list? Would be nice to have more info before the forums shut down for the change.

They'll announce that there are no additional stage km' s 5 minutes before forum shutdown  :D :D

Some more footage from Cologne, now from P1TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOu1RBnJlY

bogani said:
If we end up getting Monte Carlo I really hope we have to crawl through the icy/snowy parts at the speed of a snail if we have tires adapted to tarmac. In DR you had a super tire that worked on both surfaces.
I thought they did the feeling quite well, the problem was that you quickly learned the icy parts so there was never the same trepidation as the real event IMO.

bogani said:
I thought they did the feeling quite well, the problem was that you quickly learned the icy parts so there was never the same trepidation as the real event IMO.
I agree, I felt the icy patches were done relatively well, it'd be better to have shifting black ice locations. So you get to a corner one run through and it's icy but in another pass it may be dry etc.