DiRTy Gossip

Not completely sold on the Aston RGT in Spain to be fair. Most of the footage seems to be gamepad gameplay though so it's hard to judge. Can't wait to try it with a wheel! 

Rallystu2 said:
Interesting to see a on/off setting for 'unexpected moments'. Also there was another car off on the stage with either a blown radiator or engine. So Ai retirements confirmed.
Great to see AI retirements back, I wonder what other unexpected moments that may occur, random tractors :# ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFzadU1E4I

Anyways, the gravel physics looks fantastic from what I have seen so far, seems like they combined the best parts from both Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, so this will most likely be a day 1 purchase for me. Still somewhat disappointed there is no stage generator this time, and a lack of snow rally is disappointing as well. The handcrafted stages looks fantastic however, and I do really hope the next dlc will include a snow location.

tbtstt said:
Anyone just have trouble getting onto the forum? I have been getting a blank screen and "503 Service Unavailable The origin has been unregistered from Argo Tunnel" for the last 15 minutes. The forum cannot fail today, there is a car list to finish! :smiley:
It's been doing that sporadically for me the last few months just like RaceNet. It'll struggle for a while and then be just fine for weeks after.

Spain is so boring rally . It's big disappoint to me 

Alf72 said:
Turn Co-Driver off while viewing replay's, or give us an option to do that.
There's an option to do that

tbtstt said:
Anyone just have trouble getting onto the forum? I have been getting a blank screen and "503 Service Unavailable The origin has been unregistered from Argo Tunnel" for the last 15 minutes. The forum cannot fail today, there is a car list to finish! :smiley:
Yeah I had this too a few minutes ago. Maybe something to do with the new forums?
The sticky post says that the switch over isn't happening for a few more days, but perhaps there is work going on behind the scenes! 

Hopefully the car list arrives before the forum switch off occurs. 

JorritVD said:
I think I haven't seen this screenshot before

#NeedPhotoMode
That's a great spot for pictures! 

:smiley:

Where's the confirmation of AI retirements in the stage?

On one of the gameplay videos earlier there was a car on the side of the road with steam or white smoke rising from the bonnet as the player drove past. That combined with the 'unexpexcted events' toggle option is confirmation.

Any chance to get a link to that video? I dont think I saw that one yet.

Rallystu2 said:
On one of the gameplay videos earlier there was a car on the side of the road with steam or white smoke rising from the bonnet as the player drove past. That combined with the 'unexpexcted events' toggle option is confirmation.
Hope there are some people running, just like the animals in DR1 you can never hit them, but its cool to see stupid people represented in game.

On page 1480 or 1479 the last p1tv video with John Armstrong driving an nr4 Subaru through a polish stage. In the last sector you'll find a car retired on the right hand side.

Link isn't working from this device

In other news WRC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqmSrcF4Ryk

Nice spotting, apparently not just the car on the side but also the ped was raising his arms a few meters behind to warn for danger. Nice details.

Sorry @gfrally I can't link it. P1tv video on page 1479. With the nr4 Subaru as the thumbnail. Last sector or second to last sector. Right hand side of the stage, a black Subaru I think although you only get a glimpse. Hopefully one of our friendly associates will post a link or screen grab for you.

JorritVD said:
Yeah, ASTON MARTIN confirmed for the RGT class. NICE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjoR9qWRofY
Come on Codies! Can't wait to see the final list! You are outdoing yourselves! :)

Wow, what happened to night-time real-time shadows that were in DR? Another downgrade? Will there be an option to enable them in PC version?
They're there, just a little subtle for whatever reason. You can see them in the above video from 11:07-11:30.

tbtstt said:
Babz03 said:
JorritVD said:
Some more footage from Cologne, now from P1TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOu1RBnJlY
The DS21 is listed as a "DS Automobiles DS21" instead of a Citroen DS21 ... That's quite stupid and I really hope this isn't some licensing shenanigans.
Quite likely that it is a licensing issue: the Citroen DS3 has appeared in the last two games purely as "DS3". 
This video for the retirement.

Hmm WRC8 eh? Taken a year off... I tried V-Rally 4 and I can't seem to get the car to drive properly, every time I brake it slides like its on ice. Definitely seems less playable than WRC7.

Still, another one for my collection of all rally games, YouTube videos of which will be coming up over the next year! There's a preview in my channel's intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGwKjVOLvs

I've nearly finished all the F1 games heh!

KingOfCoins i wait gameplay because v-rally have lot problem with ( co-driver in generate race , graphism and problem  th8a  )  in WRC is not generate race  but   maybe the game is good with official tracks   . i see the good point for wrc 8 in teaser , finally kylotonn work  the onboard views  now wait september. 

Malkael said:
Ask and you shall receive apparently. We have some ingame Aston Martin footage and sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDmUZXS1oGY

The car selection screen right at the beginning of the video is showing the Aston as the 2nd car out of 3 in the Rally GT class.

JorritVD said:
I think I haven't seen this screenshot before

#NeedPhotoMode
It is a must have since thé stage design, cars and atmosphère just scream: take a pic, take a pic! Codies please add your f1 2018 teams photomode postlaunch!