DiRTy Gossip

In other news WRC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqmSrcF4Ryk

I hope the footage isn't representative of the in-game physics because they look a bit weird to me... Don't know, it's just an impression
JorritVD said:
I think I haven't seen this screenshot before

#NeedPhotoMode
#NoPhotoModeNoBuy
You had one job

carpa said:
In other news WRC8

I hope the footage isn't representative of the in-game physics because they look a bit weird to me... Don't know, it's just an impression
You don't like hovercraft racing?

What are you expecting from the official WRC game? I mean, just look at the past games. But the WRC promoters are too stubborn to stick with Codemasters, unlike the WRX promoter.

I think wrc 7 was a great gamepad game. I'm expecting the same with wrc 8 and that's ok with me. I've got dirt rally 2 to fulfill my wheel SIM needs.

I think codies shown off a couple different versions of DR 2.0. In some previews there are only cubemaps when it comes to puddle reflections, in others (like in the Aston gameplay) there is full SSR everywhere. You can even see "night lighting" implemented in the Aston gameplay too. Xbox / PC differences?

Some new footage again. This time from Rallycross. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpM3xJJJak

carpa said:
In other news WRC8

JorritVD said:
I think I haven't seen this screenshot before

#NeedPhotoMode
#NoPhotoModeNoBuy
You had one job
I think the WRC8 trailer looks very similar to WRC7. Lots of sudden drops and compressions in the road, even on roads like Monte.

Wheels and suspension looks and behaves very strange? 

If there's not an achievement for totaling the Aston called "Shaken not stirred", I will be very disappointed. ;)

Didzis said:
carpa said:
In other news WRC8

You don't like hovercraft racing?
Eww... I'll leave it to Kimi, thank you

Thought for a second this would seem offtopic in a Rally themed Thread, then I remembered he did WRC in 2010-11. The guy just loves racing, it seems... 

JorritVD said:
Some new footage again. This time from Rallycross. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpM3xJJJak
URMAAGURRRD. I want this game so badly! 

Why does the road look like a mirror?
Yeah, the reflections seems a bit too much. 

Personally I also feel that the RX cars just are too fast. But yeah, I guess it'll be fun anyways  ;)

Yeah I really hope these waterreflections can be toned down. It was good on DR1. Now it's way too reflective and shiny, especially in Spain. Modern asphalt usually absorbs water...
Seems better for rallycross to me, but still a little too much.

Must be tough polarizing the water effects in terms of transparency and reflectiveness but at the moment they are incredibly shiny and a touch odd. I can forgive this though.

AIPacino said:
What are you expecting from the official WRC game? I mean, just look at the past games. But the WRC promoters are too stubborn to stick with Codemasters, unlike the WRX promoter.
I'd rather have DiRT with lots of different cars and no WRC than a WRC game with the 4 WRC cars, some R5, maybe a few more cars and that's it.

They still don't care about interiors. RX cars have basically 0 detail and their interiors don't even loosely match IRL counterparts. Official license you say? 

They still don't care about interiors. RX cars have basically 0 detail and their interiors don't even loosely match IRL counterparts. Official license you say? 
There’s nothing in the interiors IRL anyway! 

Did you get disappointed that you couldn't bitch about night lighting anymore and found another thing?

Is there anything you actually like that you have seen? 

bogani said:

Personally I also feel that the RX cars just are too fast. But yeah, I guess it'll be fun anyways  ;)
Yeah, they seem to grippy, and I think CM gave them therefore also extra power.
I this wet mud the car should be much more struggling for grip and need much more throttle control. 
I think if they remove 25% grip, the cars would feel and look much more realistic.

I could be mistaken, but several of the World RX teams (especially the works teams) have been very reluctant to allow people to poke cameras under the bonnet or inside the cars. They may not have been able to gain access to the works cars.

The rallycross cars in the last two games have deviated from the cars they represented as well (most notably the DS3). 

PSA: night races are the ones with proper dark skies. There are a few clips here and there but the Aston Martin in a wet Spain is probably dusk, not night.

JorritVD said:
bogani said:

I this wet mud the car should be much more struggling for grip and need much more throttle control. 
I think if they remove 25% grip, the cars would feel and look much more realistic.
I think it's a shame. It's featured in a game that is outspokenly aiming for realism so I don't understand why the RX wouldn't be aiming for that as well? Maybe the RX folks want it to be a bit more straight forward?

Well well...sometimes I just hate myself for my utter weakness but I bought the Deluxe edition and Codies you can thank that DS21 for that. Can I now please have a screenshot of the car o:)

For the love of God I can't pay myself a real one so DS21 Deluxe sounds pretty cool, even digitally  :D

bogani said:
JorritVD said:
bogani said:

I think it's a shame. It's featured in a game that is outspokenly aiming for realism so I don't understand why the RX wouldn't be aiming for that as well? Maybe the RX folks want it to be a bit more straight forward?
well i just hope its an all around improvement over Dirt Rally.Thats all.Especially tarmac.

It was last time I checked.

Madhun1967 said:
bogani said:
JorritVD said:
bogani said:

well i just hope its an all around improvement over Dirt Rally.Thats all.Especially tarmac.