DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

toninus said:
AIPacino said:
elrojodp8 said:
I'm sorry guys, I'm the only one outraged because Argentina has only 16 km in total?
“Outraged” - probably 

I’m a little disappointed, also because the chosen stage may be iconic but it isn’t representative of the general rally stages in Argentina (which can’t be said for the other new locations IMO). I felt a bit the same with Panzerplatte in DR1; iconic and fun but not hugely representative of classic tarmac rally stages.

But “outraged” is a step of far.
I was expecting to see that stage with the famous water splash to pair with El Condor tbh.
gk9147 said:
toninus is true DR 2.0 need more season  , i prefer more season and wait DR 3.0 after 2 years  than  wait next year dirt 5 .

but if codemasters create dirt 5 i think he should   add the DR  gameplay  with all category  car  and  all  old track ( with rallycross ( no joker lap  maybe he change in supercross name and rally cross for real tracks RX  with joker lap in the futur game ) in london , usa , shibuya  , monte-carlo......) ,  rally(norway , kenya  , malaysia ,....) , baja raid race( morroco, croatia.. )   , trophy truck , hill climb( trailblazer  race ), gymkhana( dirt 3)  race   from all dirt . you have fun and DR gameplay because for me DR is more serious .

and maybe add the real rally start  for solo and online mode( and abillity  to overtake the car in front of you ) and x-games come back too for solo mode . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkRS20xa48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEw2rzc4wPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8VwbP4rR0

To be honest there's no place for any DiRT iteration rather than a DiRT Rally sequel. I'd rather take the DLC expansion path for a while to solidify the game, and only see a 3.0 when it justifies (example: significantly better engine, allowing for bigger stages, new generation graphics, significantly more accurate physics and a bigger batch of cars and rallies at launch). The investment needs to compensate, plus it's wiser to solidify a community around a good game first, rather than rush another incomplete title.

DiRT Rally has been surviving quite well, despite support has been dropped years ago. With DiRT Rally 2.0 having a bigger support timespan, and official eSports, it can live for longer until a 3.0 is justified. Dumping money on a DiRT 5 at this time is just a shot in the foot.
Once people get used to the simulation physics, the market for arcade disappears, and that's what happened to DiRT4. Even the casuals and the new generation of kids began prefering DiRT Rally over 4.
Simulation is the present and the future, as technology and knowledge has moved so much forward it's actually possible to have a proper simulator, not to mention the hardware available (wheel sets and all kinds of gimmicks) which we didn't have 20 years ago.

Combine everything, and simulation just turns the whole experience a lot more immersive than a bland arcade game. Arcades can stay in the living room.
I'm all for DLCs too.
But I would love if Codies could sell them only trough an unique season pass (giving access to all seasons) rather than selling them individually.
Mainly to avoid multiplayer incompatibilities.

Ispeaking of this, I hope we'll soon have infos about daily / weekly challenges and custom leagues. It was great in DR1.0, hope it will be at least the same, maybe with a better way to gather results (how about a direct export to Google docs or something ?)
A season pass will almost certainly pop up, eventually. Why would you want there to only be a season pass, though? You're basically saying 'buy all or buy nothing', hardly a nice choice for players. As for multiplayer incompatibilities, that shouldn't take away people's choice of not having certain content. You should already know, when you choose not to own a DLC, that any gameplay with that content isn't going to happen.

Is there any page where we can check the sales of DiRT Rally 2.0 so far? I usually use steamdb but I guess it doesn't update that data until the game is released. Interesting to see there are almost 1000 players playing DiRT Rally right now on Steam.

AIPacino said:
Is there any page where we can check the sales of DiRT Rally 2.0 so far? I usually use steamdb but I guess it doesn't update that data until the game is released.
No.

If it pops up in Steam's charts you'll get an indication (I guess it's an indication of sorts if it doesn't too!).

Yup it works that way right now.
But if they decide to add even more (let's say 4 more seasons), they should put all seasons in a single pack. With a discount for those who already own seasons 1 and 2.

Then it will be like Dirt Rally 1 which had new rallyes added every few months.With a greater base content.

But sadly I guess Codies commercials won't think the same way...

I would apply a discount to the season pass itself, and not for people who own 1 and 2. Those already got their discount by pre-ordering the deluxe edition. This is a business after all, and if we want more quality content, money needs to cash in.

The season pass is always cheaper to purchase, instead of purchasing every DLC separately. So there's your discount.

Not really much point in speculating on that until we know the structure of the DLC really. If it's 2x RX and 1x Rally per pack then how would they keep that format going forwards? If it was the other way around, how would they keep that going once they'd run out of DR1 locations? Or will they have new rally locations too? 

Difficult to speculate until we know more. At the moment, I'm edging on the side of getting the standard version of the game and seeing what the DLC is like. If there's a rally pack and an RX pack then there's only one of those that interests me. 

I could be mistaken, but I believe Christina said we'd know the first DLC season content in January, so not long to wait if so.

I think it's sad that people are already assuming all the DLC will be rehashed content.

Oscar97 said:
I think it's sad that people are already assuming all the DLC will be rehashed content.
I think it's sad that people will write off massively improved and upgraded content (car physics, stages etc) as "rehashed".

That said, we already know that some of the content will be 'new'; the WRX circuits will be and, if it's not in the base game, the 911 SC RS will be.

warpengage toninus  maybe you have season pass  after the first season because i think  codemasters  want to see if the players will still be on the game after, if there is anyone playing, why he was continuing to make DLC.

Codemasters better make consequent content for the first two seasons if they want us to buy more...
If I remember right, Monte DLC for Dirt 3 was 8€ for 8 (yet short) tracks.
So I hope to get at least 3 new RX and 3 new rally countries in the first 2 seasons, and not 3 RX and 3 rally tracks.
And I don't mind if we get locations from the former games, as long as there's new tracks on it !

edgenz said:
edgenz said:
toninus said:
edgenz said:
Even if they just add DR1 Wales and Monte I'll be stoked
Monte and Germany !
What we've seen of Australia kinda reminds me Wales : dark forests, bumpy roads and dangerous road sides...
On the other hand, New England seems to be the easiest location to me : relatively slow and tolerant road sides. Spain looks sadly monotonous and boring, Argentina is slow and technical, and NZ looks also interesting with a lot of curves and not so clean surfaces.

So we miss some fun asphalt, dry gravel (Greece or Cymrus, or Italy, or Mexico...), and some snow.

If were just talking bringing back DR1 locations, imo:

Poland replaces Finland.
Spain replaces Germany.
Argentina replaces Greece.
Nothing replaces Monte or Sweden and I'd prefer Monte (doubles as fun asphalt and snow).
To me Wales isn't matched in DR2.0. Australia has some similarities but theres no grey gravel on offer which is the key environmental factor missing in DR2.0 for me, other than snow. And it's just a more iconic rally imo.

Will be interesting to see if they just bring us new locations. Would love Manx.
Spain doesn't replace Germany. Different types of tarmac. Spain is smooth, well maintained roads. Germany is concrete and rough asphalt through a military base and surrounding forests. Different feel in terms of flow too.
I guess if you're an asphalt fan then it might not. It's all about gravel for me personally - so it's a direct replacement.
Two posts before that, you said you'd want to see the Manx - I'm not having a go, I'm just curious as to what it is about that one tarmac event which overcomes your "all about gravel". philosophy? I grew up when the Manx was on the wain so to me North Wales, Kielder and Northern Ireland are the UK's iconic rally locations.
Manx would be a completely fresh, iconic event in a stunning environment, so it's different to porting past DR stages which is what we were talking about. I'd prioritise porting existing DR gravel stages over Germany.

There are already more than enough gravel locations tbh, I'd much rather see some more tarmac ones really

Monte, Sweden and Wales are a must. The rest can come in whichever order.

AIPacino  and sales games too , because if player not buy the game  is normal he not buy DLC , when the game is good directly he  buy season pass or DLC look gta 5 ( is not my favorite GTA ) but a lot of player buy the game because  for them he is good and look  sales of sharkcard  , other exemple the last star wars the game he is bad not only for lootbox  and   you have react of player said the the game is repetitive and boring too  . 

toninus yes i want more rally in the 2 first seasons but for monte carlo he should take and improve  monte carlo in DR  and add 8 ( or +)  new stage   ( because in DR 1 half of the circuits are reversed 8+6 = 14 stage  and maybe codemasters add reverse stage 14+6 =20 stages for one  country   ) same for other country in DR 1 ( just need improve stages and  the note with new DR 2.0 co -driver  and add more stage for all country  ( he is good because codemasters win the time and player win space on the hard drive )

edgenz said:
edgenz said:
edgenz said:
toninus said:
edgenz said:
Monte and Germany !
What we've seen of Australia kinda reminds me Wales : dark forests, bumpy roads and dangerous road sides...
On the other hand, New England seems to be the easiest location to me : relatively slow and tolerant road sides. Spain looks sadly monotonous and boring, Argentina is slow and technical, and NZ looks also interesting with a lot of curves and not so clean surfaces.

So we miss some fun asphalt, dry gravel (Greece or Cymrus, or Italy, or Mexico...), and some snow.

Poland replaces Finland.
Spain replaces Germany.
Nothing replaces Monte or Sweden and I'd prefer Monte (doubles as fun asphalt and snow).
To me Wales isn't matched in DR2.0. Australia has some similarities but theres no grey gravel on offer which is the key environmental factor missing in DR2.0 for me, other than snow. And it's just a more iconic rally imo.

Will be interesting to see if they just bring us new locations. Would love Manx.
Spain doesn't replace Germany. Different types of tarmac. Spain is smooth, well maintained roads. Germany is concrete and rough asphalt through a military base and surrounding forests. Different feel in terms of flow too.
I guess if you're an asphalt fan then it might not. It's all about gravel for me personally - so it's a direct replacement.
Two posts before that, you said you'd want to see the Manx - I'm not having a go, I'm just curious as to what it is about that one tarmac event which overcomes your "all about gravel". philosophy? I grew up when the Manx was on the wain so to me North Wales, Kielder and Northern Ireland are the UK's iconic rally locations.
Manx would be a completely fresh, iconic event in a stunning environment, so it's different to porting past DR stages which is what we were talking about. I'd prioritise porting existing DR gravel stages over Germany.
Ulster rally makes the Manx look like a trip to the shops. Fact is.. if it's tarmac you want, it has to be the Ulster. And since it's been shown in two codemasters videos, albeit as examples for other things, I believe it's a super hint. It just makes sense.

Rallystu2 said:
edgenz said:
edgenz said:
edgenz said:
toninus said:
edgenz said:
Monte and Germany !

Poland replaces Finland.
Spain replaces Germany.

Ulster rally makes the Manx look like a trip to the shops. Fact is.. if it's tarmac you want, it has to be the Ulster. And since it's been shown in two codemasters videos, albeit as examples for other things, I believe it's a super hint. It just makes sense.
Are you sure those videos are from Ulster/Circuit of Ireland?

I think it's hard to pick any specific one, but there are some amazing tarmac events out there and it would be nice to see one or two realised eventually. There are plenty of great Irish/Northern Irish (Donegal, Ulster, Killarney, Cork), Belgian (Ypres, Condroz, Wallonie), Czech (Zlin), French (Var, Mont Blanc), Italian (San Remo), Swiss (Valais), Polish (Rzeszow) etc tarmac events to draw inspiration from and probably plenty of others I don't know about. Belgium would be my choice but any would be great.

whatever is car wide narrow with lots of bends im in. as soon as i seen american style 4 car wide roads and tarmac im like :# :p

Rallystu2 said:
edgenz said:
edgenz said:
edgenz said:
toninus said:
edgenz said:
Monte and Germany !

Poland replaces Finland.
Spain replaces Germany.

Are you sure those videos are from Ulster/Circuit of Ireland?

I think it's hard to pick any specific one, but there are some amazing tarmac events out there and it would be nice to see one or two realised eventually. There are plenty of great Irish/Northern Irish (Donegal, Ulster, Killarney, Cork), Belgian (Ypres, Condroz, Wallonie), Czech (Zlin), French (Var, Mont Blanc), Italian (San Remo), Swiss (Valais), Polish (Rzeszow) etc tarmac events to draw inspiration from and probably plenty of others I don't know about. Belgium would be my choice but any would be great.
I'm almost convinced the first video was the Ulster, I haven't got any exact junction matches but some very similar on the YouTube. But to be honest, any Irish tarmac event would suffice. 

I find it hard to pick a favourite from any of the Irish tarmac events, they are all brilliant! 

tbtstt said:
I find it hard to pick a favourite from any of the Irish tarmac events, they are all brilliant! 
Events, yes, but stage wise I'm absolutely hooked on Hamilton's Folly onboards. The one of Lappi from ERC days is mindblowing.

I just want some British tarmac in the game. Where in Britain is not that important to me
At the risk of being pedantic, there aren't really any British tarmac rallies (Britain being the island of England/Wales/Scotland). There's Epynt in Wales and the Jim Clark Rally used to run in the Scottish Borders but hasn't for the last few years since an accident.

The classic tarmac in the UK is Northern Ireland, which is similar in characteristic to the Republic of Ireland. Britain itself isn't known for tarmac rounds as the law has always prevented road closures for motorsport events (until a couple of years ago).

Yeah, Epynt would be my pick of UK tarmac event, there aren't many to choose from though!