DiRTy Gossip

tbtstt said:
Yeah, Epynt would be my pick of UK tarmac event, there aren't many to choose from though! 
Combining Epynt with the Group B RWD discussion from the last page...

I just want some British tarmac in the game. Where in Britain is not that important to me
At the risk of being pedantic, there aren't really any British tarmac rallies (Britain being the island of England/Wales/Scotland). There's Epynt in Wales and the Jim Clark Rally used to run in the Scottish Borders but hasn't for the last few years since an accident.

The classic tarmac in the UK is Northern Ireland, which is similar in characteristic to the Republic of Ireland. Britain itself isn't known for tarmac rounds as the law has always prevented road closures for motorsport events (until a couple of years ago).
That was a tad pedantic.But true also. I think northern island holds the key to our tarmac woes though.
Isle of man would be nice (not in Britain or uk, I know) but would be inferior to the narrow quick, technical muddy, scrappy, hedge lined roads of ireland/Northern Ireland.

Also there's the isle of mull rally, which is great fun. 

Rallystu2 said:
I just want some British tarmac in the game. Where in Britain is not that important to me
At the risk of being pedantic, there aren't really any British tarmac rallies (Britain being the island of England/Wales/Scotland). There's Epynt in Wales and the Jim Clark Rally used to run in the Scottish Borders but hasn't for the last few years since an accident.

The classic tarmac in the UK is Northern Ireland, which is similar in characteristic to the Republic of Ireland. Britain itself isn't known for tarmac rounds as the law has always prevented road closures for motorsport events (until a couple of years ago).
That was a tad pedantic.But true also. I think northern island holds the key to our tarmac woes though.
Isle of man would be nice (not in Britain or uk, I know) but would be inferior to the narrow quick, technical muddy, scrappy, hedge lined roads of ireland/Northern Ireland
I forgot that the RAC used to have a bunch of stages around country houses on weekends (what the CMR UK stages were based on), but the less said about those the better IMO...

Rallystu2 said:

Isle of man would be nice (not in Britain or uk, I know) but would be inferior to the narrow quick, technical muddy, scrappy, hedge lined roads of ireland/Northern Ireland
I forgot that the RAC used to have a bunch of stages around country houses on weekends (what the CMR UK stages were based on), but the less said about those the better IMO...
Yea big manor parks like Weston park round my way etc.

Thanks for pointing me to some rallies I never heard of ?

I would like to see some more tarmac stuff. Alsace, Hautes Alpes or simply some Dutch flat tarmac stuff.

I'd rather see the iconic ones first like Corsica or San Remo. Safer bets.

Not sure if its been posted here yet but here is a full stage of Australia in the group B Audi with a replay afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-2YwL6hi8o

But if we're talking about tarmac rallies I wouldn't mind seeing San Marino AKA the stages Rally Legend are held on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6ieg4fCkw

But if we're talking about tarmac rallies I wouldn't mind seeing San Marino AKA the stages Rally Legend are held on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6ieg4fCkw
Looks like Spain but with more hairpins. Surface is way to clean. Alsace or Germany have very narrow parts, old broken asphalt and even some concrete...

Irish tarmac events are really challenging because it’s so narrow and if you want to be the fastest you’ve to be prepared to risk it all because there’s no room for error and the roads are lanes which become so slippy when it rains and cutting corners drags the muck out increasing how slippy it is, epynt looks more of a track than a stage from what I’ve seen of it and I’ve watched lots of videos and on boards ,not hatting on it just giving my opinion,gbs for gravel stages is great and that’s what it’s known for

KingOfCoins  don't like corse rally, really ?   personally i want  corse , germany ,  monte-carlo , scotland (mull rally ) ( i discovered this rally  by rallystu2 and he is good country for rally )   and sanremo  for asphalt  and for other rally ( not tarmac , gravel snow ....)    i want finland , wales ,malaysia ,  croatia ( he have asphalt stage too ) greece( not priority but why not ) , italia ( sardegna ),  and for snow  sweden and norway  ( maybe russia  or other  too )( and abillity to drive on this stage in summer with gravel or asphalt  and in winter drive in snow and ice  ( same stage with different drive technic  would be cool ))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-v7QppalU   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMnvPt4oJ68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9RZb9noBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAkk1w6GEcE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v2onvuxNb1I

Have a look at this stage, it's the iconic Kemmelberg stage from Belgium Ypres Rally.
Onboard video in a Porsche 997 GT3 R-GT driven by Tim Van Parijs, one of the best if not the best Porsche drivers in Belgium.
And tell me u don't want stuff like this in DR2.0! :p

I like ypres, I just don't think it's different enough. Ireland is a completely new looking and feeling rally location that I don't think can be matched.

Rallystu2 said:
I like ypres, I just don't think it's different enough. Ireland is a completely new looking and feeling rally location that I don't think can be matched.
Not different enough? Sorry but compared to the tarmac event(s) we have and had in D2.0 & D4 and DR. It's a huge difference tbh.

I would love to have some actual, official info on the actual content present in the game at release, this overall confusion can't be good PR-wise surely ? Less than a month away, we still have no clue on what's coming and what's not.

I get the licencing issues, but, as a consumer, it feels pretty shitty to think DLC's are going to just get us previously released cars at a premium.
IF the DLC's are only about getting us back the "un-spotted" F2's, RWD Group B's and 2000cc's, which, as a consumer we pretty much expected to be there from the start, it would feel less shitty to get these classes back with much improved rosters.

After the 2-days hype mountain we had thanks to all the little tid-bits we were able to pickup from the various PR events, letting it fall back down like this almost feels like there's something rotten hiding. I personnally was about to pre-order the digital deluxe version, now ... I'll wait a couple more days.

sqdstr said:
Rallystu2 said:
Not different enough? Sorry but compared to the tarmac event(s) we have and had in D2.0 & D4 and DR. It's a huge difference tbh.
Its another relatively smooth flowing tarmac rally. I like It but I'd have Germany back over ypres personally.
Irelandoffers something utterly unique imo.

Corsica is kinda the variant you people are looking for if you want rough tarmac, and hasn't been featured yet. It might not be as tight as Ireland or San Remo, but Corsica's tarmac can be quite tricky with its irregularity and holes. There's also quite a few hairpins there.

@Babz03 It's the weekend. I'm sure more will come next week.

That said, I've been disappointed in the comms strategy too and it feels like some fairly basic questions (car classes, multiplayer modes, unique KMs) are being purposely avoided.

Regarding car classes, I've no issue paying for higher quality versions of cars and stages that were present before. I'd rather have updated rally content than brand new RX content :tongue: But, as you allude to, it would be preferable to me if they just let us know things that won't be in the game at launch rather than just ignore it. If they'd said two weeks ago "no kit cars, no 2000s because licencing, reworking RWD GpB" then I'd be thrilled looking at what is there, rather than wondering about what may or may not be).

sqdstr said:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v2onvuxNb1I

Have a look at this stage, it's the iconic Kemmelberg stage from Belgium Ypres Rally.
Onboard video in a Porsche 997 GT3 R-GT driven by Tim Van Parijs, one of the best if not the best Porsche drivers in Belgium.
And tell me u don't want stuff like this in DR2.0! :p
I see myself at 1:19. In fact, here's my view :P

https://youtu.be/tsXBP2LxjY0

Needless to say, I agree with you...

tbtstt said:
Yeah, Epynt would be my pick of UK tarmac event, there aren't many to choose from though! 
I’ve been over Epynt in the dark, with shit lights and gravel tyres and it was brilliant/terrifying! So many dips and crests and blind corners

Another gameplay video by dave gaming. This time it is the ds21.
https://youtu.be/A5Z-wk8iPg8