Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

Indonesia would be a nice addition. Somehow has that Safari resemblense and it fits more in the stage system and limitations of the game. It was also part of the WRC calendar, last time was in 97 i guess. Japan would be good but I'd rather take their narrow, fast-paced gravel stages.

Rally Portugal would also be good, it's in Europe but it's on its western extreme. Azores would be good indeed, but despite I being azorean, I'd rather see some "main" rallies first. Rallies dont need to be necessarily scattered around the globe. It'd rather have some sense and nostalgia in it.

SkyRex said:
I've put all DR2 locations on a map and all candidate events in grey (aka DR1 locations)
We are getting a lot more global rally experience in a month, which I like a lot!
If looking for further additions down the line though (assuming we get (some) DR1 content first) I would highly suggest looking wider than just Belgium or Ireland as it's all clustered in europe. More something like Azores or Tanzania or Japan or India or Canada (British Columbia) or some real desert rally like kuwait or qatar.
Nice Idea with some desert roads, much easier to create the enviroment lol
https://youtu.be/SIn6ZUcihWQ

I think Codies could release more information about what gamers can expect if they want pre-orders to be bought...
some people (like me) pre-ordered the deluxe-version blind, others want more info before the release and what they can expect from the game/dlc‘s. And they are right I think! The coming week should bring us much more info... (guess people like me who play Codies rally games for more than 20 years and will ever and ever pre-order their games again won‘t bring enough money for Codies - they should care for all the other gamers!!)

LutzM said:
I think Codies could release more information about what gamers can expect if they want pre-orders to be bought...
some people (like me) pre-ordered the deluxe-version blind, others want more info before the release and what they can expect from the game/dlc‘s. And they are right I think! The coming week should bring us much more info... (guess people like me who play Codies rally games for more than 20 years and will ever and ever pre-order their games again won‘t bring enough money for Codies - they should care for all the other gamers!!)
@christinaMc has stated that we will find out what is contained in season 1 before the game launches. I would expect that to be within 2 weeks of release, maybe a bit earlier.

carpa said:
gk9147 said:
monte carlo with winter season i want this ice in DR  look and listen  " sanglier !!!!"    :D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5LWsPLXvk
Montecarlo is unique and very appreciated thanks to its challenging and ever-changing conditions, that make tyre choice always a compromise and require maximum focus from the drivers to "read" the road ahead and the grip levels. In summer all of this would be lost, while (if Monte ever comes to DR2) I'd like to see all these feature expanded compared to DR2: tyre choice between slicks, winters and studded; realistic grip levels on the icy parts when you're in the wrong tyre (in WRC they tackle sections at walking speed when on slicks) and POSSIBLY changing conditions on the stage in-game
all you need to look at is ari and rohrl and how this played out. he picked snow tyres and rohrl went with intermediate. everyone thought bad decision by ari but it won him the rally.

More Footage DR2.0 - No the final product
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S7CZOBzzgA

And here some bits of the other NZ stage :
https://youtu.be/2oz8hYl9nno
Well, there's actually more in your vid...

Nice find. Very interested with the repair system. The text stated that you can quick fix an item initially but that will put extra stress on that component, and may wear needing to be properly repaired or replaced soon after. Also says that some components cannot be replaced during an event. That's a nice touch, and finally a clip showing a single impact causing terminal damage to a vehicle. All very encouraging.

toninus said:
And here some bits of the other NZ stage :
https://youtu.be/2oz8hYl9nno
Well, there's actually more in your vid...
It confirms the Datsun being in the same class as the Stratos

Rallystu2 said:
Nice find. Very interested with the repair system. The text stated that you can quick fix an item initially but that will put extra stress on that component, and may wear needing to be properly repaired or replaced soon after. Also says that some components cannot be replaced during an event. That's a nice touch, and finally a clip showing a single impact causing terminal damage to a vehicle. All very encouraging.
Terminal damage is good. The 'quick fix' was in Dirt 4 but you never needed it with how easily you could fully repair anything.

SkyRex said:
I've put all DR2 locations on a map and all candidate events in grey (aka DR1 locations)
We are getting a lot more global rally experience in a month, which I like a lot!
If looking for further additions down the line though (assuming we get (some) DR1 content first) I would highly suggest looking wider than just Belgium or Ireland as it's all clustered in europe. More something like Azores or Tanzania or Japan or India or Canada (British Columbia) or some real desert rally like kuwait or qatar.
You'd rather have... *squints* ...Tanzania or India or Canada? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those places have any real rallying heritage at all and very little activity. Belgium and Ireland are a hive of rallying activity with probably the highest level of participants per capita of anywhere outside Finland (yes, I'm making that up, but I'm pretty sure one in three people in Northern Ireland owns a Group N Impreza...) and a long history with all car classes in DR (check out 24 Hours of Ypres or Circuit of Ireland from the 1980s).

Each to their own, but for me I wouldn't touch those areas until the heartlands of France, Belgium, Ireland, Finland (each of which is a very different style) were covered. Poland is a great addition in this sense to me - Czech Republic and Poland are real rallying hotspots - and New Zealand covers another very active part of the world.

Far from definitive, but here's a map of events with info on rally-maps.com (an 'R' = 1):

As I say, it's personal preference, that's just mine. Just out of interest, what made you pick Tanzania?

That DS footage is lovely. So much class gliding over the gravel. I am happy to see it is the original version with the round headlamps. Very unique. Now only if that photomode could bé patched in postlaunch ?

Rallystu2 said:
Terminal damage is good. The 'quick fix' was in Dirt 4 but you never needed it with how easily you could fully repair anything.

SkyRex said:
You'd rather have... *squints* ...Tanzania or India or Canada? Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of those places have any real rallying heritage at all and very little activity. Belgium and Ireland are a hive of rallying activity with probably the highest level of participants per capita of anywhere outside Finland (yes, I'm making that up, but I'm pretty sure one in three people in Northern Ireland owns a Group N Impreza...) and a long history with all car classes in DR (check out 24 Hours of Ypres or Circuit of Ireland from the 1980s).

Each to their own, but for me I wouldn't touch those areas until the heartlands of France, Belgium, Ireland, Finland (each of which is a very different style) were covered. Poland is a great addition in this sense to me - Czech Republic and Poland are real rallying hotspots - and New Zealand covers another very active part of the world.

Far from definitive, but here's a map of events with info on rally-maps.com (an 'R' = 1):

As I say, it's personal preference, that's just mine. Just out of interest, what made you pick Tanzania?

Tanzania is a offical round in the African Fia Rally Championship and seems more technical than Kenya.
IMHO I couldn't care less about how active some people-groups are with rallying. I don't play the nation of Belgium in the game(just as an example), I play a rally driver with a car on a road. I am the driver, so what I care about would be variety in cars and in roads.
To maximize the use of production time, I prefer it, when every location is distinctivly unique in comparison to the others and as a package they should offer all the challenges a rally driver has to face. 
And if you have smooth Spain and narrow Monte and vineyard Germany how much more uniqueness would Ypres really offer in terms of tarmac experience? And Canada has a lot of rally activity too for it's population, it is just so massive in size, that it seems small.
To your explicit question of the three locations:
Tanzania: sandy savanna driving (although it is similar to Australia... but Africa is this huge hole on the map)
India: Opportunity for some jungle stage like Malaysia from Dirt2. Or some high Mountain route on loose gravel through the himalaya.
Canada: Just British Columbia! The Pacific Forest Rally in particular. It's like a more technical Finland with a lot more elevation change but still wide roads.
But the Nr. 1 of my examples would be Azores. The crater-rim driving is truly unique to that island.

@urgaffel if it's your doing, nice work on the flares in night stages. Having just gotten back from Monte Carlo these are in ample supply over there and the effect looks great.

Tanzania doesn't seems quite exciting...

I vote for Morocco !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZChVloSu3-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLhdvEcVxi8

kheiro said:
Interesting remarks on the graphics. 

@urgaffel if it's your doing, nice work on the flares in night stages. Having just gotten back from Monte Carlo these are in ample supply over there and the effect looks great.

Yea it's a nice touch, they could do with adding more ambient lighting on surfaces caused by the flares imo but I like it.

There's a clip in the preview video of an Australian stage at sun set (or sunrise) with the telegraph poles running alongside the stage which looks particularly good.

Also, probably a mistake but the guy previewing says "50 rally cars across 6 locations".

Its either a very simple mistake, or we are getting more rally cars than we thought.

Gossip worthy at a base level at least.

That would be 2 mistakes in the same sentence. Highly unlikely. Should be investigated  B)

AIPacino said:
That would be 2 mistakes in the same sentence. Highly unlikely. Should be investigated  B)
Or is that figure post-DLC? 

Could be for the cars, but it doesn't match with the number of rally locations at all.

There's so far 40 rally cars confirmed, I dont know if there's room for 10 more at launch tbh. I'm thinking about the 2000cc class which supposedly would count with at least 3 cars from previous titles (Subaru and 2 Fords), 2 F2 kit cars, and a new 2000 car that has been hinted. That makes up 6. There would be 4 missing.

The complete car list is here and there's no surprises...
https://youtu.be/de5k0quxKU0

Will there be an option to change the FOV and seat postion? Also for the tester. How does the game run on pc(fps) ?

gameplay RX ( different track pre build with peugeot ,audi, subaru )  and Rally  ( with fulvia and polo R5 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X990IuV5Tjk&list=LLs4sEBpopBLFnarM3LiaHWg&t=0s&index=2

bogani said:
kheiro said:
Interesting remarks on the graphics. 
To elaborate on this he says that the graphic design of the game resembles the older Dirt games rather than what we saw in Dirt Rally and I have to say I agree. This does give a bit of 'cartoony look' with more added effects and flare rather than the more clean bare bones look Dirt Rally had.