DiRTy Gossip

@tbtstt if you read this thread this evening, I'm just concerned PC world don't open 24 hours. Big Tesco might though.

Dear @KickUp , @justbiglee , @cmsoundfx , @soundfx and all at Codemasters.

I would like to complain. Having managed to dissuade myself from a trip to PC World this evening, I happened to log on to my my computer and see this video posted in the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWYmLt9H2s

So high was my level of want for what I was seeing that I immediately threw my wallet at the computer screen with such velocity that said monitor is now destroyed.

I am holding you all personally responsible for the creation of such a desirable add on for DiRT Rally and the devastation it has caused to my existing computer setup. I must insist you provide me with a replacement monitor (and of course a matching high spec desktop) in order to prevent me from taking this matter any further.

Yours faithfully

Steve

The only cars I've spotted were the Olsberg's Ford Fiesta and Petter Solberg's Citroen DS3.
The car getting rear ended at 0:10 looks to be the Solberg DS3.
The clip at 0:11 shows the OMSE Fiesta of Timerzyanov, the Stohl Racing Fiesta of Max Pucher (sure its his number on the window) and Reinis Nitiss OMSE Fiesta.
The car at 0:13 is the Fiesta of Knut Ove Borseth.
The bonnet at 0:34 onwards could be the DS3 of Petter Solberg or Liam Doran.
AI driver names in one of the segments had Grosset-Janin, Veiby and Pucher - Fiesta wit Timerzyanov's livery appeared in the video. Hopefully, the VW Polo makes it into the first pack so that VW Marklund and VW Sweden teams will be represented.

What about Peugeot Hansen?  Maybe that car will be added in the Expansion
Grosset-Janin is driving one of the Albatec Peugeot 208's this year. If they have managed to get the Albatec Peugeot's in game than surely the Peugeot Hansen cars are in game as well?

tbtstt said:

I would like to complain. Having managed to dissuade myself from a trip to PC World this evening, I happened to log on to my my computer and see this video posted in the thread:

So high was my level of want for what I was seeing that I immediately threw my wallet at the computer screen with such velocity that said monitor is now destroyed.

I am holding you all personally responsible for the creation of such a desirable add on for DiRT Rally and the devastation it has caused to my existing computer setup. I must insist you provide me with a replacement monitor (and of course a matching high spec desktop) in order to prevent me from taking this matter any further.

Yours faithfully

Steve

Maybe do a Kickstarter campaign, I'd chip in a few $$ maybe the community would help out.  But I don't want a dumb shirt for contributing 
:smiley: 

Good morning,

I'm still gobsmacked by the great preview video Codies and Neil Cole released...!

I really hope we'll get to see more of such previews for the RX expansion update and for Rally updates. There were so much great and informative stuff in the video:

- how instantly the car handling model is switching between surface types and that each surface type has subsets
- for RX the team had to work on the AI - will it be an improvement over the AI in DiRT 3?
- there were these cool single line streaks as we were showed the dev screen in race: are these the paths/lines done by the AI or player's previous laps?
- the detail modelled underneath the car body shell: dampers, welds, chassis plate walls and pressed sections (even if it's just textures), uneven gaps between sections of bodywork
the cars are so nicely crafted
- spotter system with recorded lines: how accurate and useful will be the guidance from the spotter?
- what about the launch? will launching in RX be any different than in rally?

Lots of questions, but it is clear to me that the team wanted to represent the RX as authentically as they could. @tbtstt going mental is proof that they're on the right path :)

I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Was that the Latvian's Reinis Nitiss livery i saw? :O HYPE Oh god yes, my latvian heart is exploding!

Snaky115 said:
Was that the Latvian's Reinis Nitiss livery i saw? :O HYPE Oh god yes, my latvian heart is exploding!
Yeah; his Fiesta is the car they show with the panels off. I can see Solberg, Timerzyanov, Pucher, Nitiss and Borseth in that video.

tbtstt said:

Yours faithfully

Steve

This is arguably the best complaint (and excuse to buy stuff :wink:) I think I've ever seen! 

Haha nice one Lee 

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/617265674998677504
And that's why we will probably not see an S1 in DiRT

I'm sure we discussed it with the team back in November, but I can't remember the outcome! I'm sure they said they were trying to get the lisence for it

Alright, the thread has reached a marvelous sum of 100k views. Probably you should be including the Tuthill Porsche (RGT 911 GT3 RS) in any upcoming content. 

Please lol

Hopefully WorldRX will be on live today on the live stream app. Will have to keep an eye out for the DiRT guys and any mention of the game too. 

tbtstt said:

cmsoundfx said:
tbtstt said:
Boooom first screenshots of Holjes with plenty of Monster branding! But can't see any FIA World RX logos

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/status/616614208696909824?s=09
Temptation to go to PC World after work, buy a new PC and download DiRT Rally: HIGH.

SO. MUCH. WANT.

@tbtstt I would never want to interfere with your purchasing decisions, but DO IT! 

It would be awesome to punt you off in the first corner ;]

But not PC world... try scan!
I can't wait wait for home delivery @cmsoundfx : I need a PC, now I tell you! :smiley: 
Guess i need a new PC or gaming laptop too
I droped my laptop and now its broken... :(
no more DiRT :(
now i need new rally suspensions on te rallycar
new gopro
new PC and G27,...
phff 

Not really DiRTy gossip, but while we are waiting for @GentleNameMVB to post his report from Holjes, here are a couple of rally cars from the Goodwood Festival of Speed...