DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

AIPacino said:
P308R said:
I was very critical of the footage I've seen on tarmac and it still bothers me when looking at the videos. However I preordered the game and will go to see for myself if my critics where to harsh and that it is like DR1 or that it is actually an improvement over DR1. The reports in here and the latest YT vids give at least the idea it has changed for the better. We'll see in a couple of weeks :)
The current tarmac handling is better than DR. Not that it takes much to accomplish this.
Movement is still poop though.
Is there any chance this could be improved throughout DLCs? The important thing now is to get the game polished and out.
No, the important thing is to have basics like that covered before release. But that's just the opinion of a bitter old fart.
Yes I agree, but given theres just 3 weeks until the release of the game I doubt there's time and room for tarmac physics tweaking at this point. Well, if there is, better for us.

New Footage DiRT Rally 2.0 Gameplay Preview -  in New Zealand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTAW4jAw75Q

P308R said:
I have no clue who Broadbent is but I don't have a lot of confidence in that guy. The way he handled the playthrough of Dakar'18 made me seriously doubt his way of looking at things. He praises PCARS2 into the heavens like immersion and that game has some serious wheel and ffb issues at default. Nah I look elsewhere to get decent information.
Just to give you a little more insight; when he talks about immersion with pCARS 2, it's visual immersion, which is pretty undeniable. He has been highly critical of pCARS 2 on the handling/FFB front in streams, outside of some cars that are actually good. Most games have something worth getting excited about, even if other things within it are questionable.

As for Dakar...well, I saw enough in just how bad the driving model was to not touch it. Given the detail it has in certain areas, it feels like a bit of a waste for it to drive as it does.

Just watching a Rally Sprint on TV here in Sweden. R5's are faster than a Focus WRC 2004 by a good few seconds on a pretty short stage. 

Sorry if someone already asked this, i didn't read every post...

@ChristinaMc can you guarentee us that DR 2.0 will be a Steam game at launch, on PC, and Codies will not switch, at last minute, or do an exclusive deal with Epic store?

Alf72 said:

@ChristinaMc can you guarentee us that DR 2.0 will be a Steam game at launch, on PC, and Codies will not switch, at last minute, or do an exclusive deal with Epic store?

Confirmed on the previous page, fear not. I've no idea what this new thing is but glad to hear DR is staying on Steam.

Alf72 said:

Confirmed on the previous page, fear not. I've no idea what this new thing is but glad to hear DR is staying on Steam.
Thanks for confirmation. The issue with Epic is that they are grabbing all the big game releases, and making them exclusive to Epic store. See Division 2 and Metro Exodus... and if Steam doesn't do something, sadly, more will follow.

So before we go read only, just some more comments from me after playing a few hours last night. 

Argentina - very difficult, will take hours to master those stages. Will be an incredible feeling when you eventually nail a perfect run. 

Poland - scarily fast. This too will take a while to master. Have only run it once with the Evo 6, but boy does it take a lot of concentration. 

New Zealand - this is one of the best locations on a Rally game ever. RWD cars are the way to go here, when you get in to a flow the feeling is incredible. As I said earlier, my drive through the longest stage with the 240Z was one of the most pleasing virtual driving experiences ever. 

USA - again very fast. Don’t think it’ll take quite as long to master as Poland, but it looks spectacular in the autumnal colours. And it’s has some great bends in it too. 

I cant comment on Spain or Australia just yet as I haven’t played much with them. But as of now, this is a worthy successor to DR1. 

poland is amazing ! B)                                                                               

Poland - scarily fast. This too will take a while to master. Have only run it once with the Evo 6, but boy does it take a lot of concentration. 
This is building my feeling that Poland is going to be my favourite in DR2.0: can't wait to unleash an R5 there! 

So before we go read only, just some more comments from me after playing a few hours last night. 

Argentina - very difficult, will take hours to master those stages. Will be an incredible feeling when you eventually nail a perfect run. 

New Zealand - this is one of the best locations on a Rally game ever. RWD cars are the way to go here, when you get in to a flow the feeling is incredible. As I said earlier, my drive through the longest stage with the 240Z was one of the most pleasing virtual driving experiences ever. 

USA - again very fast. Don’t think it’ll take quite as long to master as Poland, but it looks spectacular in the autumnal colours. And it’s has some great bends in it too. 

I cant comment on Spain or Australia just yet as I haven’t played much with them. But as of now, this is a worthy successor to DR1. 
Based on your Evo 6 experience, are you able to tell if its handling makes more sense than in D4? The Evo 6 felt very heavy in D4 and it didn't really turn very well, compared to the Subaru Impreza 2001 for example.

i wish i could upload the run i did in the evo on poland :#

absolutely mental fun ! so fast .

dgeesi0 said:
i wish i could upload the run i did in the evo on poland :#

absolutely mental fun ! so fast .
I'm glad to hear that. That car seemed so powerful in the hands of Makinen, both in terms of handling and speed. It had the speed in D4, but lacked the handling, which rendered it slow.

maybe thats cause mcraes accelerator cable snapped. ;)

just joking its a epic car and in poland it brings a big smile to my face and a lot of wholy **** moments flat out. in a good way. :)

Are you guys allowed to comment on relative pace of cars in classes? 

In particular, the pace of an M3/Sierra vs a 240Z (no idea why those are in the same class) or the Evo VI vs the Lancia Delta (obviously the Evo was a lot quicker in reality)? No worries if not, will find out for myself in a month or so.

Evilsmurf said:
Unfortunately, we can't comment on specifics. Only allowed general statements. ?
Wasn't sure what that would count as, but cheers for the reply  :) 

I'm so relieved to hear this!! Absolutely cant wait. Trying not to overhype but I was concerned this feeling wouldn't transfer. This and the dancing between corners comment yesterday made me happy.

The latest NZ footage seemed to show more corner camber than in earlier vids? Might just be in my head.

If I understand this screen directly (Starting at 1:14) then all R5 cars will have ten liveries to choose from?

https://youtu.be/LAs_tGOCJfI?t=74
I think that's just the key of the controller to select the livery. Look at the bottom.

In theory Spain is the same flow as NZ, but in tarmac. You still have to serpentine, that's what I used to do in D4 to get faster. Let's hope this time the physics help it even further.

Gossip open again ! Yeah !
Let's start this with season content announcement ! Please Christina ;)