DiRTy Gossip

Do you think they won't bring back the 037? and we know they recorded a Porsche from the same class/era so that should be coming too.

Whilst i've no idea if they will do this, it is possible, because they have a service plan in place, that isn't restricted to DLC packs, that's going to be bug fixes, possibly features (we know of one coming in summer) and possible free content as well.

Codemasters are not a huge house like Rockstar. They probably have a budget of 1% or less than the huge studios. If anything Codemasters are smaller than they were in the past.

Rally games are a very niche market. With likely sales of less than 100,000 copies we have to wholeheartedly support them to ensure the future of rally games. If they sold millions of copies (never will) then criticism of limited scope would be valid.

I would happily pay £20 for each additional rally location. As a carer I work for minimum wage so that would be a large chunk of my disposable income.  But such is my passion for rally games.

If this title fails then rally games will follow the sad fate of tennis and cricket games. They will simply cease to exist!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

5 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Bear in mind two life rally events often reuse stages from year to year. I haven't heard many rally drivers day it's boring as they raced the same stages last year lol

I get your point. However a real rally driver drives these yearly...... A gamer several times a day perhaps. Big difference.

however you will see from my previous post that I wholeheartedly support this game. As a gamer I enjoy the re runs and approach the game trying to continuously improve my times. An unrealistic rally perspective but an enjoyable gaming one 🙂

Edited by Voidhawk
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Also I wonder if there's still hope for the kitcars to return? Would be a real shame if they wouldn't, I really loved those

Gotta imagine there is hope for kit cars.

Whilst i'm thinking about things, don't forget that all Codies stuff is licensed, that means that regardless if they had it in a previous game, it's not in the next game until it's licensed - previously having it only means they were able to get licensing, they still gotta pay for it.

Right, now, we're getting a full game, with lots of new content, for a regular price of a new game - i've tried it, it's great, they earned my money and then some.

On top of that, for just $20, you get two DLC packs, we know what one of them contains; three more remastered locations from DR plus, six extra licensed cars and some cool liveries, mostly possibly also licensed.

For ten dollars, that's a hell of a deal.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

27 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Gotta imagine there is hope for kit cars.

Whilst i'm thinking about things, don't forget that all Codies stuff is licensed, that means that regardless if they had it in a previous game, it's not in the next game until it's licensed - previously having it only means they were able to get licensing, they still gotta pay for it.

Right, now, we're getting a full game, with lots of new content, for a regular price of a new game - i've tried it, it's great, they earned my money and then some.

On top of that, for just $20, you get two DLC packs, we know what one of them contains; three more remastered locations from DR plus, six extra licensed cars and some cool liveries, mostly possibly also licensed.

For ten dollars, that's a hell of a deal.

hello @F2CMaDMaXX

you are betatester,right?

on wich gpu you have tested the game?

how will it run on an overclocked gtx970 4gb (1368mhz)  on 1080p and  all on ultra  with 60fps?

I've been testing on a 4770 CPU (old) and an RX480 graphics card at 1440p resolution - i've been getting good >60 FPS performance with things set to high, some ultra and odd things turn off that i don't care for - you get a lot more options to change in the graphics settings this time around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I've been testing on a 4770 CPU (old) and an RX480 graphics card at 1440p resolution - i've been getting good >60 FPS performance with things set to high, some ultra and odd things turn off that i don't care for - you get a lot more options to change in the graphics settings this time around.

they seem to have exactly the same performance          https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-AMD-RX-480/2577vs3634

so i should be able to run all on ultra with 60fps on a HD monitor..... 😍😍😍

That does not seem to be the case, but you shouldn't have problems being able to tweak the game settings to get a great frame rate.

People love to complain... Most opinions I can understand even though I would never agree with them. 😶

for me the if the next 3 location would be  corsica finland and  greece  it would be fantastic ❤️

Question. How does the difficulty level work? It would be nice having a slider from 0 to 120 or something like Project Cars. It feels great adapting the rivals to you and progressing bit by bit. 

4 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

Question. How does the difficulty level work? It would be nice having a slider from 0 to 120 or something like Project Cars. It feels great adapting the rivals to you and progressing bit by bit. 

It's a slider from 1-100 I believe. 

1 minute ago, bogani said:

Hey @RodgerDavies, what was the IRL name of the Spanish stage? Can't recall.

What!? There's no real life reference whatsoever. I mean, I once drove a stage called La Figuera in real life (Spain 2015 or 16) which was eerily similar, but I think that's just coincidence.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rygar86 said:

P.S. Would love to see Pikes Peak make a surprise return too! :classic_tongue:

Ha, you'll need to bargain with Polyphony to make that happen!

As already said in the posts above I think our expectations have to reflect the fact that Codemasters is a relatively small studio when compared to some to others producing racing games. 

There has always been a huge shopping list of extra content that we wanted, DR2.0 looks to be getting more post-release than any other CM title thus far, so that definitely seems like a step forward. 

6 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

You said yesterday that you have been playing the beta for three years @CodingRacer, is there no difficulty selection in the beta?

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RodgerDavies said:

What!? There's no real life reference whatsoever. I mean, I once drove a stage called La Figuera in real life (Spain 2015 or 16) which was eerily similar, but I think that's just coincidence.

I might recall wrongfully, but didn't you find reference photos of a Spanish stage that the DR2.0 looked to be modeled after? 🤔

1 minute ago, bogani said:

I might recall wrongfully, but didn't you find reference photos of a Spanish stage that the DR2.0 looked to be modeled after? 🤔

Yes, it's La Figuera. From 2015 or 2016. The stage has gone by different names over the years but it's the one with El Molar hairpin. DR2 chops about 5km from the start of the stage and starts just before the first village. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Ha, you'll need to bargain with Polyphony to make that happen!

As already said in the posts above I think our expectations have to reflect the fact that Codemasters is a relatively small studio when compared to some to others producing racing games. 

There has always been a huge shopping list of extra content that we wanted, DR2.0 looks to be getting more post-release than any other CM title thus far, so that definitely seems like a step forward. 

You said yesterday that you have been playing the beta for three years @CodingRacer, is there no difficulty selection in the beta?

Some options were disabled like the terrain deformation and new cars. My testing was mainly about the new countries (Germany, Montecarlo and Sweden). I'm glad to know the slider is finally making it into the game.

When is the DLC 2 going to be announced. I'm planning to buy the game by summer. 

#CompleteGameYesBuy

Edited by CodingRacer
  • Haha 4

So it's a topic that has already been touched on in the car thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well. 

Although the BMW is a welcome surprise I am surprised not to see the 037. Given that we know the 911 SC was being recorded I wonder if there will be another couple of Group B RWD cars in the next DLC?

Given that we got six cars this time, might we get four Group B RX cars and two more Group B RWD cars in DLC2? Or perhaps the Group B RX cars be cut to two? 

I still think there will be 4 grpB RX the two extra will most likely be Bennets mini + one mystery car I'm not so sure on. Maybe a Beetle RX?

1 minute ago, KingOfCoins said:

I still think there will be 4 grpB RX the two extra will most likely be Bennets mini + one mystery car I'm not so sure on. Maybe a Beetle RX?

Possibly, or perhaps one of the DiRT 4 Supercars will make a return? (hopefully the DS3, though I suspect the Focus may be a more popular choice) 

50 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Uhh... Did you mean 'Codemasters' as in the Codemasters' HQ (Southam Studio) or Codies as a whole...?

• They have over 450 human beings across their 3 UK studios (Southam, Birmingham, Cheshire/Evolution Studios) according to their own site.
  • Slightly Mad Studios report 160 employees.
  • Kunos Simulazioni is said to have 30.
  • Polyphony DIgital reports approx. 170.
  • rFactor 2's developer Studio-397 doesn't even have a Wikipedia page I believe.

Who are we fooling here? Here's also a list of Codies Studios I can remember off my head.

• Southam ("HQ") (DIRT/GRID/Other)
  • Birmingham (F1/Toybox Turbos/Micro Machines/Race Stars)
  • Cheshire/Evolution Studios (ONRUSH, Unannounced AAA, Winners of UK's biggest game jam in 2017(?))
  • Malaysia (They do stuff.)
  • India (Dedicated QA studio)

Closed studios:

• Codemasters Action Studio (Closed down in 2011)
  • Codemasters Malta Studio (Born in 2014. Closed down in 2015.)

I had Codemasters Southam in mind. I don't know how much work is distributed within the company but, as I understand it (perhaps incorrectly), it's a relatively small team working on Dirt. 

• Agree 1