1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

#noadjustedwidthofc3rearwheelarchesnobuy

I'm cancelling my pre-order.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

#noadjustedwidthofc3rearwheelarchesnobuy

I guess we can't even post a little remark without being made fun of ...

I'm just trying to help.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Accro2008 said:

I'm just trying to help.

Sorry @Accro2008 , no offense intended.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Accro2008 said:

I'm just trying to help.

Don't ever take anything on here too personally, we all just love to take a few jabs at eachother while struggling to cope with the fact that WE STILL HAVE TO WAIT 57 HOURS UNTIL WE CAN PLAY DIRT RALLY 2.0 😭 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Rallycameraman said:

I prefer resident wind up merchant 😜

Hey, the foruns were too quiet... I decided to do a little shakedown 😛

Edited by TheFlyingTuga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rallystu2 said:

Beep beeeep

I'm pretty sure the words you were looking for were *BRAHP BRAHP*

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Hey, the foruns were too quiet... I decided to do a little shakedown 😛

With all due respect, it was a pretty stupid point, and a very strange reason not to buy the game. A very small number of people have the game, most are reviewers, some are YouTube and some are a small amount of beta testers who were recruited publicly on this forum over a year ago. Anyone else who has it is probably a thief. It just seems a very strange reason to miss out on a game that you are interested in

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Spoiler:

I'm about to go into a massive rant!

I just wanted to know what is the baseline to have the game before all the orther peasents? Sim experience? Real Experience? Lot's of subs in youtube?

Because I think it's quite fine the way Codies engage with the community and I do understand the need for them to have beta testers, but let them showboat? Nah, I don't like that.

Unfortunately for me I hadn't have the moneys to buy the thing, and today, I was about to drop my hard earn money, but at this point I'm glad I didn't. I just can't stand feeling that not all of us are treated the same, and the ones who have to sit and wait are the ones that actually pay for the game...

Guess I'm sitting this one out... Have fun on the 22nd

Huh? Every game has beta testers and we weren't allowed to say anything under NDA until it was cleared by Codies. I'm very confused by this sentiment.

There's also no guarantee that the beta testers even get the final game, most of the guys are trying to figure out if they need to buy it or not. But y'know, hey I guess a $60 game for closed NDA beta testing isn't that bad of a compensation considering the input we give and we basically advertise the game for them. But you rock on little man, don't buy the game.

If you're upset about people that an't drive, as Christina said, that's not really their choice. You ever see tech channels with like 15 viewers that get the new Nvidia GPU review sample? They just ask the marketing team if they can get a sample and sometimes they say yes. Otherwise, a lot of the footage that's out was a screw up on the distributor giving out retail copies earlier than they were supposed to. As for us forum guys, we all got an email from Christina that a few people missed, and it also unfortunately only went out to PC players. I was immediately saddened that tbststbstsvbts wasn't invited.

• Like 1

So I joined the actrollvision stream that was posted on the DiRT Fb page. Did 2 races, won them both and then I lost connection to the server thanks to my crappy internet. And he didn’t have a clue who I was! What a cheek! 

• Haha 2

All right, I think no one asked the most important question yet :

Can you do donuts this time?

Edited by versedi
  • Haha 1

Rant incoming.....

What I find even worse is that recycled content sold for a full price seasonpass. I got pretty bitter after the reveal to be taken for an absolute fool by this DLC policy. I know all the 'don't want , don't buy' phrase so don't sort that one. The game is being sold for a ridiculous price, seen the base content and the hugely expensive addon for recycled stuff. The game may be fun and great to play but it doesn't take away the huge lack of base content. 12 unique stages, that is 2 per country. But oh no wait, we add 3 rallies from previous game for which you have to pay once more! Simply to get rally content up to a respectable amount. I don't appreciate it and I don't want to support this kind of policy. I know the hard work many of the employees have put in but the way this is managed from upperhand is far from correct. I call them EA practices!

As much as I want that DS21, I'll sitt this one out until there is a big sale! Shouldn't be too long seen how it went with OnRush...

Then to remember I had the Deluxe version on pre-order. I vote with my wallet and it will stay closed firmly.

Would also be nice to read some more objective posts here. Many are hyping this game without seriously looking to the fundamental problems at hand (content, pivot, tarmac, old engine, DLC policy, leagues etc). Same pattern was seen for D4 and we all know how that went.....

Rant over ...

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 5

So you don't like the DLC and yes, that DOES mean i'm going to say, don't buy it.

The game is being sold for a regular, normal, every other game price, so don't know where you got that from.

You wanted more content in the base game? you're saying you think it's not worth a regular priced game with the content included? changed you mind? you were ok with that at the time of the announcement. Did they take away how much stage content there was from previous games?

Of course there will be a sale, you're welcome to wait for it.  Don't bet on it being an On-Rush sale, that was console only and was not well received, this is not that game.

Deluxe edition is priced higher (but with a likely discount) to include two DLC packs, you make your choice.

Nothing wrong the content, it's nearly all new, obviously you can't have ALL brand new cars or you'd be missing favourites.

I assume you mean the same thing when you say "pivot/tarmac" - what's your point? we're all saying it feels better than before, but still needs work.

Old engine is an irrelevant point as that's how many companies work, it's not the same engine from D4 or DR, it's upgraded as needed - yes it'd be cool to have a totally new engine, but why?

DLC policy isn't a bad one, they've never had one before, this is you whining.

Leagues have been announced close after release.

Not the same as D4, that had no post release plan, Codies have a plan for the follow 12 months as far as i remember.

• Agree 7

I would say - slightly negative post incoming - that, although I think all the beta testers are deserving of early access (apart from @SirPhilMcKraken), it has been frustrating to see a number of You Tube channels with early access when they are a bit poop (and/or seemingly a bit clueless about) driving games... 

...guess that's how promotion works these days though! 

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

What policy don't you support? Remember that the budget for creating whatever content, and for supporting the game post-launch, is defined by predicted sales. That includes sales at full price, sales at reduced prices and sales of DLC content. By saying "I don't support DLC", that's fine, but in that case which content don't you want to be there? Or what would you rather was DLC instead of the base game? Or would you rather they didn't support and patch the game after its launch (which you also seem to not want)?

Does the game look perfect? No, you've some valid criticism. Is the game a step forward in many areas? Yes, to me it seems to be and that includes the provision of support and DLC. I'm not going to get every bit of possible value from it as there are some classes of car I won't use and I suspect the RX content will mainly be clutter for me, but for the price of a couple of meals out I can get a game that's a step forward from one of my favourite games of recent years, with ongoing support and content I can enjoy for a minimum of 6 months and hopefully longer.

• Agree 5

I too think that putting the stages from Dirt Rally on a paid DLC is a bit questionable, to the point I'm considering not buying the game because I feel I shouldn't support it. It seems the base game is already a bit short on stages, and then the solution to that is selling recycled content as DLC? Of course there is some work needed to retexture the stages, but it's much less than for creating new content. In my opinion the way to go when recycling content is how Hitman 2 did it, where you have the Hitman 1 levels for free if you own it and as paid DLC if you don't.

Then on top of that, the tarmac handling feels really unconvincing on the videos I've seen, really far behind from what any of the current track racing sims have. Also, no stages on snow of ice seems like a step back from the previous game, but of course you can pay extra to have those back (quite literally in this case, since they are the exact same stages).

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, blaugranamarti said:

Then on top of that, the tarmac handling feels really unconvincing on the videos I've seen, really far behind from what any of the current track racing sims have. 

Just to point out the obvious. This isn’t a track racing sim. It’s a rally sim. Rally cars aren’t designed for the sole purpose of going round smooth race tracks lap after lap. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, versedi said:

All right, I think no one asked the most important question yet :

Can you do donuts this time?

This time??? 😂 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Just to point out the obvious. This isn’t a track racing sim. It’s a rally sim. Rally cars aren’t designed for the sole purpose of going round smooth race tracks lap after lap. 

Yes, of course I know that. But still, the handling looks really weird, and the way the car rotates into corners doesn't look realistic. I don't know if it's a problem with the tyre model or some other aspect of the physics, but it just doesn't seem to handle like a real car would.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, blaugranamarti said:

Yes, of course I know that. But still, the handling looks really weird, and the way the car rotates into corners doesn't look realistic. I don't know if it's a problem with the tyre model or some other aspect of the physics, but it just doesn't seem to handle like a real car would.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's an unfortunate side effect of whatever, they don't feel like they look.

I'm buying it because I'm irrational about rally games and I can spare a purchase mistake. Clearly the game is overpriced and the DLC even more so. If I was rational I'd wait for a sale, I'd wait to see if it's going to be supported (not a good track record there Codies), I'd wait for critical updates like MP which is still unclear and I'd also wait until the not so fortunate buyers - people who have to wait til real release and also have to leave something else in order to buy this - get a say about it's value.

No need to defend clearly bad practices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chukonu said:

I'm buying it because I'm irrational about rally games and I can spare a purchase mistake. Clearly the game is overpriced and the DLC even more so. If I was rational I'd wait for a sale, I'd wait to see if it's going to be supported (not a good track record there Codies), I'd wait for critical updates like MP which is still unclear and I'd also wait until the not so fortunate buyers - people who have to wait til real release and also have to leave something else in order to buy this - get a say about it's value.

No need to defend clearly bad practices.

Alright, i'll bite - why do you say the following?

1) "Clearly the game is overpriced and the DLC even more so."

Game is regularly priced, content is the same/similar to previous games, explain?

2) "I'd wait to see if it's going to be supported" 

They have already said several times there is a support plan in place for this game.

3) I gave up on your last sentence, it's a real run-on - i'm assuming you're saying something about you want to wait for real people reviews?

3 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Alright, i'll bite - why do you say the following?

1) "Clearly the game is overpriced and the DLC even more so."

Game is regularly priced, content is the same/similar to previous games, explain?

2) "I'd wait to see if it's going to be supported" 

They have already said several times there is a support plan in place for this game.

3) I gave up on your last sentence, it's a real run-on - i'm assuming you're saying something about you want to wait for real people reviews?

If you believe to be the fish to my bait, why bother? No need to get paranoid.

Game is 55 euro, thats 5 more than regular and also the game lacks too much to be set at full price in my opinion. I think the pricepoint on DiRT Rally contributed to it's success. DiRT 4 was also overpriced.

Codies word is not gospel, at all. I'm sure the plan is there, let us see how it pans out.

You gave up at this point, maybe you realized subconsciously you need not to sell me on the game since I already purchased it.