DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Great. Will give that a try when I get home. Thanks folks!

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I am no fish 😉  But you should know you made those points to get someone to ask you about them.

So games in Euros usually cost 50?  Games in Sterling are typically 60 as are games in Dollars, annnnd, you're quibbling over the price of a coffee. Okay.

What is the game lacking to be a full priced game?  You clearly have "pennies" issues over game pricing, and that's fair, DR was an cheap early access title, until it was finished, and it was full price, that was a special condition, nothing normal there.

Dirt 4 was another regularly priced game, with regular amount of content, our feelings over the quality of that content could decide if it would be considered overpriced, sure.

Codies word is not gospel, though i'm wondering why you think they won't carry through with the service plan they announced this game would have.  I'm hoping it pans out well.

I think you'll find i wrote why i gave up that last point, i wrote it down, apparently you gave up on your own sentence and never got to the end of mine.

I see your point, but as an Italian everyone who thinks the price of a coffee is five Euros has no right to talk about money. Where on Earth do you take coffee, centre of Venice?

• Haha 2

I'm really hoping that we can get, before launch, some info about the DLC:

a) how will it integrate into the main career mode and multiplayer modes of the game? Will it be used in Career but not Historic Championships (which makes sense) and how will a server work when rotating through a stage list and not all content is owned by all players.
b) what are the prices for individual pieces of content and/or individual season passes. I'd much prefer to buy each Season Pass as it comes out, rather than two together at the start, but would ideally like to know the price first.

Thanks!

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'm really hoping that we can get, before launch, some info about the DLC:

a) how will it integrate into the main career mode and multiplayer modes of the game? Will it be used in Career but not Historic Championships (which makes sense) and how will a server work when rotating through a stage list and not all content is owned by all players.
b) what are the prices for individual pieces of content and/or individual season passes. I'd much prefer to buy each Season Pass as it comes out, rather than two together at the start, but would ideally like to know the price first.

Thanks!

I think Codemasters confirmed that the information will be available after launch. I'm waiting to for all that to be confirmed, priced and explained. So a bit of patience worth it, you will for sure buy it at a fair price too. I think they are pushing the hype as much as they can so more people pay full price blindness, hence the lack of information. 

I really hope they have not turn the game into pay-to-win (pay-to-play-online in this case). 

3 hours ago, carpa said:

Where on Earth do you take coffee, centre of Venice?

Starbucks in the UK is not far from 5€ 😂

17 minutes ago, CodingRacer said:

I think Codemasters confirmed that the information will be available after launch. I'm waiting to for all that to be confirmed, priced and explained. So a bit of patience worth it, you will for sure buy it at a fair price too. I think they are pushing the hype as much as they can so more people pay full price blindness, hence the lack of information. 

I really hope they have not turn the game into pay-to-win (pay-to-play-online in this case). 

Didn't you agree the DLC pricing options during your three years of beta testing? Missed opportunity there. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, P308R said:

Thank you for this down to earth response!

About the DLC: I have no problem with old tracks making a return to DIRT RALLY 2.0 but the problem I have that it is almost all old content they resell. If old content was sold and 1 or 2 additional longstages were included, I wouldn't feel like I am feeling right now. All you get in the first season are 2 new cars. Then for the second season general thought is some WRX content but if it sells well enough there should be a season 3 and 4 which probably will again be OLD content (Wales, Finland and probably Greece). Latter speculation on my side.  This is a pattern I simply don't appreciate at all from their side. Where is the NEW stuff? How about expanding the additional locations? How about really fixing the handling issues the game has been plagued with for a long time? They have so much expertise in house but only the DIRT game doesn't get it right. You simply ask: How on earth is this possible? Also the whole pivot-thing is bugging the hell out of me. The F1 game got it solved with the EGO engine so why the DIRT game can't?

Then we have the pricing. It is steep for what you get. The game would be much better placed at a €39,99 instead of a €49,99. It is for example what AC (original) did on release and that game had more content to begin with than Dirt Rally 2.0.

All in all this development has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I simply don't want to support that kind of practices. Once again, I would have been very happy if the old content was released with additional stages. I would have actually added value for money. Situation now just feels like a cashgrab for early deluxe version owners. If bought digital €89. Just let us think about that...€89 euros!

Another example: Take "Indy" developer Bigmoon Entertainment. They have released Dakar '18 as their first racing title. A small studio with passionate people which we probably find as well at Codies. However this little portugese studio has had an amazing postlaunch support, has recently released free DLC with 8 additional stages which take around 30 to 60 minutes to complete each. The base game is already huge to begin with 14 stages which take also 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Makes you wonder why a well known studio like Codemasters has such a customer unfriendly approach which looks more and more like EA practices. Please Codies, I don't ask you to give stuff away for free but come on, don't take your customers for plain stupid.

Well there's a difference between the people that make stages and the people that deal with the physics. I'm of the belief that CM is kinda perpetually in bankruptcy mode as not much else seems to make sense. Again, why didn't the Onrush guys make a new engine? Why shut them down after 1 game? I don't know. It does seem kind of like the studios don't really talk with each other, but then at the same time I was told at some point that a lot of the F1 guys worked on Dirt at some point. I honestly have no idea how all three studios could be under the same "roof" parent company but all seem to use separate engines and techniques. As much as I don't like EA and think DICE is proving themselves fairly incompetent, EA is pushing the Frostbite engine to all their studios so at least they're all on parity with each other. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at Codies.

As for Big Moon, they had a terrible launch and had to retcon super hard. They released like 18 updates in 2 months because of it's launch, but yeah, the environments are super cool. Have you played it? The physics are terrible and the wheel support is practically non-existent. Dakar is also using Unreal, so it probably doesn't support ultrawide or multi-monitors very well because Epic still uses the wrong FOV format for some god-forsaken reason.

10 hours ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

@tbtstt unfortunately you will never know how some people will drive once you give them the game, they may not have the hundreds of hours that we (not the testers, main community) have.

To whoever said we were showing off, I was streaming on Monday evening and specifically asked for requests in the Twitch chat and our discord, I don't have a Twitch following nor do I care about having one so it was purely to help people see what they wanted to see.

Fun fact, I now have more hours in DR2 than I do in D4. By more than double. Which might seem impressive until you learn I spent just 8 hours in D4.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Didn't you agree the DLC pricing options during your three years of beta testing? Missed opportunity there. 

Just "Brum, brum!" (tm). If I would have a chance to make any business decission the strategy would be really different. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

the primary thing i want to feel is that you now can stop being afraid that  your car will sended to the moon if you slightly touch a roadbank like dr1 wales , because correct car weight now  😍😍😍

I mean, D4 fixed that.

6 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

so to clarify:  21feb 23:59  ????

For a second I thought that was a code I'd have to sick tbstbstsbt on.

6 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

The moaning in this thread lately has annoyed me cause I’m so ******* excited for Friday! I swear gaming communities have got so toxic in the last few years, people just ***** and moan and demand answers from people constantly at all times.

I'm not British, but isn't pissing and moaning like the national pastime, like we have baseball?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LutzM said:

Can anyone of the beta-boys tell me if there is only a female-co in german or also a guy available? Saw a german vid and got scared...and this is not a post against girls!

Uhh, from what I've seen it's pretty set in what co-driver you get based on language. It pretends to give you options for co-driver and spotter, but there's only 1 so far for each language. Kinda weird.

4 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Can any of the beta/current participants let us know if DR2 supports automatically changing max steering wheel degrees per car? So like a newer R5 might be 200 degrees or something but a Renault 5 might be 540 degrees, and the game would set your wheel to match that (if supported.) Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 had this feature.

It has the soft lock feature which was how that worked in DR and D4. I've spent most of my time on controller so far though.

16 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Streaming DiRT Rally 2 until around 9.30pm GMT, taking requests in the chat on Twitch or on the Discord channel 🙂

I was going to give you **** for ramming straight into that rock on Argentina, but apparently my username simultaneously does and does not exist on Twitch somehow so I can't make an account.

So, Nice driving Phil. Really nailed that rock.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

ooooh, don't get me started on the price of coffee over here 😞  USA i'm afraid.

That's because you only drink that dirty water called Starbucks! Hopefully one day you will come to Europe and have an Expresso for 50 cents 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I was going to give you **** for ramming straight into that rock on Argentina, but apparently my username simultaneously does and does not exist on Twitch somehow so I can't make an account.

So, Nice driving Phil. Really nailed that rock.

Which one? There was about 15 😛

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

That's because you only drink that dirty water called Starbucks! Hopefully one day you will come to Europe and have an Expresso for 50 cents 🙂 

Meh, not far off 😉  I do like flat whites and basically latte/cappuccino style coffees, i'm actually British so i haven't always been paying ze amerrycans for ze beanz.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

I only know them as 4Bucks, everything on their menu...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I mean, D4 fixed that.

yeah, but d4  is...................................... 🤢🤮😅

want to see this feature on a proper rally game: dirt rally 2.0 😍

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

I'm not British, but isn't pissing and moaning like the national pastime, like we have baseball?

Moaning and tutting, can’t get enough of it

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Hitmanvega said:

Is single player career mode, online only? 

I'm not sure what you mean... you can play single player if you're not connected to the internet AFAIK.