DiRTy Gossip

17 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

That's because you only drink that dirty water called Starbucks! Hopefully one day you will come to Europe and have an Expresso for 50 cents 🙂 

To be fair, Starbucks is one of the few places that does filter coffee which is my favourite.  Though I did enjoy espresso in Italy as it is €1 everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

To be fair, Starbucks is one of the few places that does filter coffee which is my favourite.  Though I did enjoy espresso in Italy as it is €1 everywhere.

You need to try Birmingham. There's now 3 coffee shops for every one person in kingsheath/Moseley and they all do filter, cold-something-or-other fancy pants coffee.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Its so .... that I need a few days extra now I need to wait for the day one copy. Already activated the deluxe content. On the positive side I can fully focus on my Mustang this weekend.

for the people interested in the rebuild. I post sometimes a story on my Instagram account.82170D91-D552-4C21-9D9F-B01EA1DA8E1B.thumb.jpeg.5712d773130210ecce1067ed4eb52b26.jpeg

What are you doing to that beauty?

Anyone know when you get the early unlock cars in the deluxe version? Not in my my team garage yet so just curious where they will come into it? 

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

Yep, looking good - I guess gravel uses the same tyres for both then? But looks positive with Sweden and Monte on the horizon.

I just hope the AI can cope with the choices (and make the occasional mistake) too.

The only thing I'll miss with the tyre selection now is the ability to do cross componds choices like almost everyone did at Monte this year... But I guess that would have been difficult to get right handling wise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LutzM said:

Maybe a neighbour can take it, depends on the driver from DPD...

I am not sure they are going to be in either! Fingers crossed the driver just puts it through the letterbox! I am doing my best to get out of work on time today so I can hopefully be home in time for the delivery (that said I am not confident that the DPD website is telling the truth when it comes to driver location and delivery estimate!). 

From the reviews I have read it seems that I can jump straight into the World RX Championship in a car of my choice? 

2 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I am not sure they are going to be in either! Fingers crossed the driver just puts it through the letterbox! I am doing my best to get out of work on time today so I can hopefully be home in time for the delivery (that said I am not confident that the DPD website is telling the truth when it comes to driver location and delivery estimate!). 

From the reviews I have read it seems that I can jump straight into the World RX Championship in a car of my choice? 

Yea but quite why you'd want to do that when there's a perfectly good rally game included, I'll never know.

1 hour ago, Madhun1967 said:

What are you doing to that beauty?

Repairing, the previous owner wasnt nice to her.

441BD230-B485-438F-9304-82DF57881E05.thumb.jpeg.f51d66ed32c405d58a9efdf50f6de9da.jpeg

• Like 2

Looking good over there. I'm doing the same thing to my S2000, huge mechanic revision and some old parts being replaced, engine and everything getting cleaned, coal-free lol. Then to finish, an entire new fresh painting 🙂

You do need racenet for the career mode, with your own cars etc.

It's only for the brief connection for what progress you make at the end of the stages, what cars you buy etc. It's not online per se.

Yes you can go and do a historical championship which isn't in the my team section, neither is the FIA WRX champ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Grey imports I believe?

Yup, if you ever see day 1 keys for under ~$42 you can assume they are being sold outside of their designated region. The only way these sites operate and can afford to sell keys below that is by "importing" them from regions where Codies has to charge less for the game due to purchasing power in the region. Normally by doing this you are violating some part of their ToS and they can reject your key if they wanted to. Not always going to happen, but if you do a quick google you can see it isn't impossible and some devs have a real issue with the practice and will happily remove those keys from active circulation.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, CatBadders said:

Yup, if you ever see day 1 keys for under ~$42 you can assume they are being sold outside of their designated region. The only way these sites operate and can afford to sell keys below that is by "importing" them from regions where Codies has to charge less for the game due to purchasing power in the region. Normally by doing this you are violating some part of their ToS and they can reject your key if they wanted to. Not always going to happen, but if you do a quick google you can see it isn't impossible and some devs have a real issue with the practice and will happily remove those keys from active circulation.

Yes, overall it's illegal and there's many cases where keys are revoked. This also harms the studio.

Should we open a new thread to Dirt rally 2.0 where we can write about the game and not gossip or do we have some other thread for that?

Now that i have played the game, i really want fast gravel rally. Finland or same kind of fast flowing roads, i wanna drive full throttle on jumps, corners and crests with wider and harder roads 😆

Locations we have now, are fun and technical and i really enjoy those stages.

But now i'm more hungry for new stages so...  Codemasters give us more fun locations and Finland... Could you tell us season 2 and possibly season 3 content. We wont tell no one :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Do we know exact time when the game will be released on steam? Hope to do some stages before bed 🤞

7 minutes ago, mirk1983 said:

Do we know exact time when the game will be released on steam? Hope to do some stages before bed 🤞

Currently it should be around midnight tonight, UK time.

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

NICE!🤩

3 minutes ago, CMMcBabe said:

I see "This game will unlock in approximately 4 days" despite having the Deluxe version. Is that expected?

4 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

I see "This game will unlock in approximately 4 days" despite having the Deluxe version. Is that expected?

It says that for me too. I think its normal.