DiRTy Gossip

28 minutes ago, Voidhawk said:

I totally get where you are coming from. 🙂

Perhaps the solution would be that you choose when going into "my team" whether you wish your career to be offline or online.

If you choose offline then they could grey out online events. If you then later wish to play online events within "my team" you can restart a fresh career.

That would solve the potential hacking concerns.

I don't particularly like that. Having to restart the entire career to partake in dailies is... sub optimal.

• Agree 1

Just now, VirtuaIceMan said:

Pregunta: a cualquier otra persona que haya precargado la Edición Deluxe en Steam: cuando se instaló, ¿se llamó Dirt Rally 2.0 en el cuadro de diálogo de instalación o Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe Edition?

dirt rally 2.0

• Agree 1

Soon time to rev'er on the corners. And drive'er straight sideways.

Now we just need some Irish tarmac......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Under an hour to go 😍

same here in bolzano 🤤

Be prepared for a 20-30 minute unpack of the pre-downloaded Steam files before you can play....waiting...waiting...

9 minutes ago, mimimomo said:

Be prepared for a 20-30 minute unpack of the pre-downloaded Steam files before you can play....waiting...waiting...

I never thought this day would come up, the week has been infinite, but THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING !!! 😍

Edited by jayp666
  • Like 3

UNPACKING... LETS GO BOIS! THE TIME HAS COME!

*drums*

Edited by Riggs

27 minutes ago, ShodanCat said:

Getting a hard stutter every 2 or 3 seconds on a top of the line gaming PC...

That's odd, none of us have any issues, nor have have I seen anyone else online have any.

OMG the guy who made the voice of the brazilian co driver is the same guy who makes the voice of goku in the brazilian dubbed version, now i have goku from dragonball z as my co-driver

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

40 minutes ago, UDegani said:

OMG the guy who made the voice of the brazilian co driver is the same guy who makes the voice of goku in the brazilian dubbed version, now i have goku from dragonball z as my co-driver

...and Sponge Bob 

• Haha 3

Highlight so far - Phil Mills saying 'cobbles'

Edited by mimimomo

Well, I couldn't play much because of the G27 stuttering issue, but from what I did try, it's quite nice. Physics or FFB didn't feel particular better than Dirt Rally, but they didn't feel worse, either. One thing that blew my mind is that my G27, Fanatec shifter and Fanatec handbrake (each plugged in to separate USB ports) were not only detected, but 100% properly configured out of the box. I literally didn't have to change a thing, other than some personal preference stuff. I've never seen a sim in all my gaming life do that, so kudos Codemasters on that little feat. 🙂 

Also, the Porsche sounds glorious in-person. Videos just don't do it justice. @cmsoundfx take a bow!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ShodanCat said:

Well, I couldn't play much because of the G27 stuttering issue, but from what I did try, it's quite nice. Physics or FFB didn't feel particular better than Dirt Rally, but they didn't feel worse, either. One thing that blew my mind is that my G27, Fanatec shifter and Fanatec handbrake (each plugged in to separate USB ports) were not only detected, but 100% properly configured out of the box. I literally didn't have to change a thing, other than some personal preference stuff. I've never seen a sim in all my gaming life do that, so kudos Codemasters on that little feat. 🙂 

Also, the Porsche sounds glorious in-person. Videos just don't do it justice. @cmsoundfx take a bow!!

Personally can't see how you hardly see any difference in the physics as it's very evident what the improved over DR. But that's just me :classic_wink:

I think you'll find almost zero/useless feedback if you have stuttering issues?  Also, you're the only person i've seen say physics feel the same, everyone else has said how different it is, that's what leads me to think your wheel issues are causing problems.

There i can change Career Mode difficulty, number of stages, hardcore damage? I cant find it.

Guys, does anyone feel that something is missing in the FFB? I tried my g25 on dr1 and it's perfect, it feels everything! but in dr2.0 many sensations are lost

Edited by elrojodp8

A very good piece from GM. The only thing I disagree with would be the bit about FWD's but other than that it pretty much sums it up with what I think. 

Yea I'm enjoying FWD at the moment. Like reaaallly shocked initially.

Lancia fulvia + rutted stages = turn the self aligning torque down!

Real challenge, felt like I was genuinely rallying in the muddy 60s. It is brilliant.

Well done testers. Well done Codies.

• Like 3

Maybe someone should open a steering wheel topic, so all those posts are combined, rather that all different topics within the Gossip topic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2