DiRTy Gossip

Can we have an option to turn off the AI in online play especially in rallycross, I mean what's the point in playing online with the AI, I can do that offline.

It should start as 2 groups of 4 live players with 2 races to qualify with the top 4 best times over 2 races to get to the final and the bottom 4 to fight to avoid the wooden spoon then those points move on to the next event.

I mean you can fill with AI if someone leaves to fill the race up, but as it stands its just no fun and rallycross should be the best fun online racing could be.

Just disappointed that somebody thought this was the way to go and just is so not the way to do this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Because @ChristinaMc has had such a relaxing day and literally has NOTHING to do now :classic_wink:......

Might this be a good time to ask about those beautiful Armstrong 2.0 Ki-ar bobble hats?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Who did the pacenotes???, My lord quite impossible to trust them in Argentina some corners are much slower than pacenotes, someones much faster, also some pacenotes are missing, dont know if they doesnt appear because Spanish Codriver is just too slow and already get to the corner while reading the previous pacenote, also it is quite bad translated the pacenotes too long words, if you want to fix them please ask me I can help with spanish ones.

Anybody else hear the wrc cars in the background at service can hear the focous and s14 clearly, also spotted the Fabia wrc crashed off the stage a few tomes too, can't wait to compare times with r5s vs wrc on the new and dirt 1 stages ,brilliant game well done coodies!!

• Agree 3

Yeah, both the Fabia WRC and the C4 are already in the game (or at least the models are there) - you can see them in the starting order of career events and they pop up smoking on the side of the road from time to time like so. 

DiRT_Rally_2.0_(2).png

• Like 1

German Co driver Tanja uses to much english words!? it's supposed to be like this? (DONT CUT, SMALL CUT, MAYBE..) its very annoying to hear it mixed with German language..

in Dirt rally 1.0 the co driver uses only German words..

5 hours ago, Aidardos said:

Yeah, both the Fabia WRC and the C4 are already in the game (or at least the models are there) - you can see them in the starting order of career events and they pop up smoking on the side of the road from time to time like so. 

DiRT_Rally_2.0_(2).png

Interestingly, it looks like the AI get their name on the side of some of the fictional liveries too. Which means they are associated with specific cars/liveries (it's just not shown anywhere in the UI).

I think the reason the C4 hasn't come out yet is because it has so many reliability issues. I've seen about 5 or 6 c4's smoking by the roadside now, and maybe only 2 or 3 other cars. 😂

• Haha 9

14 hours ago, CodingRacer said:

Is it possible to play online without AI? If there are 5 cars they get split into different races with AI in them, so you end up playing just with AI most of the time? Same on rally stages? 

Yeah this is really irritating being forced to race AI. Not quite sure what the thinking was behind this but it's pointless. 

Only an 8 player lobby was disappointing as well. 

Sounds like there might be a decent game hidden away in here somewhere just trying to get out. Might even be worth buying when it's finished and the online requirement is removed.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, michellem said:

Sounds like there might be a decent game hidden away in here somewhere just trying to get out. Might even be worth buying when it's finished and the online requirement is removed.

I get the feeling there will be a lot of patches.

• Agree 1

I REALLY hope DR 2.0 does well for Codemasters, so we can get more and even better more serious Rally-games. It´s just that there are some things that seem to overshadow an otherwise great game (Always Online, the staggered Release, the Logitech Wheel Problems that are still in DR2.0, Online Races with the AI instead of other players etc.) With some of these things I really shake my head and think who comes up with stuff like this and REALLY thinks it is a good idea.

Maybe Codemasters should go the Early Access-Route again for Dirt Rally 3..............

Edited by Civarello
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I hope so. Can we speak here what was posted to discord or is it completly different from this forum? 

3 hours ago, dani211212 said:

German Co driver Tanja uses to much english words!? it's supposed to be like this? (DONT CUT, SMALL CUT, MAYBE..) its very annoying to hear it mixed with German language..

in Dirt rally 1.0 the co driver uses only German words..

I like this a lot, because it makes much more sense. DR1 just simply translated all words. Now, she being a real copilot, she uses english words, whenever the german would be far to long.

"dont cut" are two sylables, "nicht schneiden" are three. Cutting the time required to say and process the call down. This logic applys to all english calls she does

Edited by SkyRex
  • Like 1

Are there still some cars now that need to receive sound updates? The last videos I saw with the 208 R5 didn't have the real recorded sound yet apparantly?

5 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

Are there still some cars now that need to receive sound updates? The last videos I saw with the 208 R5 didn't have the real recorded sound yet apparantly?

I believe the C3 R5 falls into this category too, seeing as they recorded them both together.

• Agree 1

Time Trials are great fun, a bunch of us in the DiRTy Gossip Discord were running this stage last night :classic_happy:

Even though it is easy to get lost in the minor negatives - its just like that when you have passion about a thing. 

I would like to really, really, really thank the whole codemasters team for Dirt Rally 2.

You see the passion for rally shine through every inch of the game. 

The stages are amazing, 
the cars are amazing and plenty,
the physics are believable - you can finally steer the car with the throttle,
the presentation is very polished while being without any distractions.

Add on top that it will be supportet with additional content and you have the best rally game out there by a mile.

I see hundreds of hours of fun in the future! (lets see if I can beat my 650h in Dirt1) :-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Are there others who think replays quality is lower than Dirt Rally 1? 

I play with PS4 Pro.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Janne89 said:

Are there others who think replays quality is lower than Dirt Rally 1? 

I play with PS4 Pro.

They're 30fps on console, that's the only thing I don't like about them really.

• Disagree 1

Has there been any response from Codemasters about the broken FFB yet? It's pretty much unplayable on the wheel for me at the moment. Kind of annoyed since I paid the extra to get it unlocked early. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1