DiRTy Gossip

14 hours ago, zoliRX said:

I tend to look past the current issues. You see, I almost exclusively play career mode in these games and I like to replay them many years later without hassles. Relying on CMs servers or my ISP regardless of how good my connection is for my gaming experience is a big no. Always been, always will be. 

DR2 has an expiry date. The game is simply paper weight to me.

The steelbook would've made a fantastic coaster though.

You do realize that when that happens, CM can simply release a patch disconnecting career mode from RaceNet, right?

Imo it's not worth keeping off just because of normal launch issues which are being resolved, and most have been resolved already. We are just waiting for the patch to land. But those are choices.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

I not even have the game yet, but quite some extra real liveries for WRX/ERX/ARX are possible:

@ChristinaMc, could you discuss/show this list to the team. If need a 2d livery artist, I am more than happy to help 🙂

We're well aware of these liveries, there are definitely some cool one ones in there. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

Happy DiRT Day everyone :classic_biggrin:

Got 2 videos here to help people who are just starting out. Hope they're useful :classic_happy:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I hope you've put it in for update and install! Don't want to come home to an update bar.

Haha, yes i did. Its busy now 🙂

I love this game, but I have to say that the graphics are disappointing with the playstation 4 pro, the textures are blurry and the replays are 30fps, which I don't like.

From what I´ve seen and read you can make the game less blurry on PC if you turn off TAA; as with FXAA it somewhat makes the whole visuals look blurrier. But of course that´s no solution on consoles. As someone who is mainly a PC-Player, but has always owned consoles as well (for the great exclusives) I have always been for more options on consoles as well. At least some games let you disable Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration etc. on console and let you change the FOV nowadays.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Those were its contemporaries in the 70s and it's much more competitive with those. Obviously, the Stratos and 240Z should be in the same class too, as they're a similar speed and era, but we'll just have to hope on that one 😉

Really hoping one of the 'special liveries' in store is this one...

D0QTMajW0AIAWkk.jpg

First really nice looking Polo R5 livery for me (jagged lines offsetting the length of it).

I assume one of the special liveries will be Jon's Fiesta, and it would not surprise me if also Oliver's Polo will be featured since he's also been involved in the development. However i also like Kajto's livery better 👍

ele_edgars_leonovs-0752.jpg

4 hours ago, toninus said:

A little point about weather conditions :

In DiRT 4 you could combine any weather with any time of day, is that not the case anymore?

About those cool Polo liveries, i started a topic in the suggestion box so you can post there all the liveries you want to see in the game. Otherwise they stay in this big unorganized 😛 topic. 

• Like 2

Haven’t really been on here since Friday, been playing the game way too much! Made my R5 debut last night and it was simply brilliant. I’m really impressed with both the handling and the stages. My only thoughts so far are:

some parts of the stages are way too dark

theres too many rain and night stages in the career, and the time of day seems random rather than flowing morning-afternoon-evening-night

the headlights aren’t bright enough

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4

The same applies. The physics are awesome. Dirt Rally 2.0 + F1 2018 = LOVE, LOVE, LOVE... The grip at high speed on gravel, feels brilliant.

Edited by Keko55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Janne89 said:

I love this game, but I have to say that the graphics are disappointing with the playstation 4 pro, the textures are blurry and the replays are 30fps, which I don't like.

They have already addressed this bug and it has been fixed already. Just wait for the patch to be approved and launched. Check the changelog on the sticky threads.

I'd also like to see a more flowing morning-afternoon-evening-night oriented career events as well. Not that it has to be always like that, for example Monte Carlo has also had night starts.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Riggs said:

They have already addressed this bug and it has been fixed already. Just wait for the patch to be approved and launched. Check the changelog on the sticky threads.

I'd also like to see a more flowing morning-afternoon-evening-night oriented career events as well. Not that it has to be always like that, for example Monte Carlo has also had night starts.

Yeah I dont care where it starts, just as long as it’s not jumping from morning to night to evening and from wet to dry constantly. 

Edited by RallyDriven
  • Agree 3

I think day 1 could have a night stage, perhaps as the opening stage but yea there's far too many night and rain stages. This just doesn't accurately reflect rallying. I haven't had a single rally in career mode that has been dry and daytime the whole way through. This should change.

• Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Check the changelog on the sticky threads.

Sorry where is this?

Thanks. You mean the first post in the thread? I thought we were already on that version?

4 minutes ago, Decks said:

Thanks. You mean the first post in the thread? I thought we were already on that version?

Yes the first post. I don't think we are, because it says "Day One patch". Day one is supposedly today. What has been done however, were racenet fixes. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Riggs

11 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I haven't had a single rally in career mode that has been dry and daytime the whole way through.

Which is honestly how it normally is for the lower tiered racers. They aren't going to put Joe from the local body shop in who is driving a rebuilt DS21 into a 8 mile night rally through the rain on his first weekend...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Hey team, it's been a hectic day, so I've not been in here much! But I just wanted to swing by and say thank you. The Gossip thread is the heart and soul of the DiRT community, and it's a privilege to play just a little part in it. Hopefully by now, a lot of you will be heading home to enjoy the game for the first time - and honestly, I hope you all love it. It's been a labour of love for us here, and we think we've created our most special, focused and authentic off-road racing game to date. I hope you feel the same way.

Thanks a thousand times over for being so kind, so patient and so understanding - even when I can't discuss certain topics or give you the answers you want. You are all brilliant, and this is only the start for DiRT Rally 2.0. See you on the leaderboards tonight. 😉 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

even when I can't discuss certain topics or give you the answers you want

You're talking about those 2.0 hats aren't you?!?! @Rallystu2 and I need these in our lives!

All seriousness great job with 2.0, even with all of the hiccups. After a weekend of racing I can say this feels like the true successor for Rally and I cannot get out of work fast enough to get back to chasing those WR times!

• Agree 3