DiRTy Gossip

strange,until now i don't have heard anyone about  a steam workshop...............   it was a great  feature in dr1, so why don't add it in the game?  it should be an easy thing to implement i think

14 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

I’ve been finding them a little inconsistent in the world rx championship. I got destroyed by them in Mettet and Barcelona, Silverstone and holjes was tough but I could win, and I can absolutely destroy them at Hell and Canada

Exactly the same !

So the new T300 drivers appear to make the FFB even worse somehow. Just as a word of warning. 

Barcelona is so much trickier than I expected. There are a couple of corners (specifically that last section) where it is easy to lose a chunk of time. 

I posted this in the confirmed car list thread, but here it's actually a lot more appropriate. Purely gossip, I present to you my rumored car list:

Historic Rally H3 (RWD):

1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (has been licensed by Codies)

Historic Rally Group B (RWD):

Porsche 911 SC/RS (was sound recorded by Codies)
Lancia Rallye 037 (missing since DiRT 4 even though it was beautifully recorded and also has been in DiRT since forever)

Modern Rally F2 Kitcar:

SEAT Ibiza Kitcar (missing since DiRT 4)
Peugeot 306 Maxi (missing since DiRT 4)

Modern Rally 2000cc:

2001 Ford Focus RS (missing since DiRT 4 and it's competitor has been confirmed for a future season)

Modern Rally R5:

Hyundai i20 R5 (missing since DiRT 4)

Classic (Rallycross):

Mini Classic Rallycross (missing since DiRT Rally even though it was amazing)

Group B (Rallycross):

Lancia Delta S4 Rallycross (missing since DiRT 4, class confirmed for future season)
Ford RS200 Evolution (missing since DiRT 4, class confirmed for future season)
Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross (missing since DiRT 4, class confirmed for future season)
MG Metro 6R4 Rallycross (missing since DiRT 4, class confirmed for future season)

Super 1600 (Rallycross):

Peugeot 207 S1600 (missing since DiRT Rally)

Supercars (Rallycross):

XITE Mini Cooper SX1 (teased by Codies, Bennett)
SEAT Ibiza RX (missing since DiRT 4)
DS 3 (missing since DiRT 4)

39 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Barcelona is so much trickier than I expected. There are a couple of corners (specifically that last section) where it is easy to lose a chunk of time. 

Yea I haven't been able to pick a solid line through that last complex yet.

@chukonu

I certainly wouldn't expect both the Group B and H2/3 Porsche. Whilst I'd love a Group 4 911, the only reference to it (as far as I know) is in the legal notices but there's nothing linking that to a general model, it may well just be the legal text Porsche provided them with as a standard for using the RGT car. 

I'd suggest the fact both Seats are 'missing' and there's no sign of either R5 or WRX Hyundai points to issues with licencing these, rather than items being planned for DLC. Hope I'm wrong on this front, but I was very surprised at the Seat not being in the WRX lineup and their initial suggestion of 'over 50' cars only being true with a pre-order (if I buy the game today I get exactly 50 cars).

The 'rumour' list as I see it would be the WRX Mini, the 2001 Impreza (and I'll give you the Focus on that), the Group B Porsche (and Lancia by extension) and the Group B RX cars (although personally I'm hoping for 2x rather than 4x).

28 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Supercars (Rallycross):

XITE Mini Cooper SX1 (teased by Codies, Bennett)
SEAT Ibiza RX (missing since DiRT 4)
DS 3 (missing since DiRT 4)

The Focus RS RX and MINI Countryman are also missing from DiRT 4: although the Countryman didn't run in 2018, so wouldn't really fit with the theme of DR2.0. 

My guess for season 2:

Modern Rally 2000cc:

2001 Subaru Impreza S7 WRC
2001 Ford Focus RS

Group B (Rallycross):

Ford RS200 Evolution 
MG Metro 6R4 

Supercars (Rallycross):

Mini Cooper S 
Citroen DS3*  

* The absence of kit cars maybe suggests an issue with Seat licensing, if I am mistaken about that though (and there are no problems with Seat), then I think the Ibiza is more likely. I hope it's the DS3 though as that was my favourite car to drive though!

15 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I have found a good line a few times, I just don't seem able to consistently repeat it!

The last two corners at Silverstone can be quite finickity as well, it seems to be much easier to "overdrive" the Supercars in DR2.0, sometimes a bit less throttle is the key!

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I have found a good line a few times, I just don't seem able to consistently repeat it!

The last two corners at Silverstone can be quite finickity as well, it seems to be much easier to "overdrive" the Supercars in DR2.0, sometimes a bit less throttle is the key!

Yeah the handling is very good, there’s a real fine line between being quick and overdriving. It’s difficult to be quick and consistent lap after lap

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Yeah the handling is very good, there’s a real fine line between being quick and overdriving. It’s difficult to be quick and consistent lap after lap

Thus far I have found that I can be very consistent in the Megane, but I think all of my fastest laps have been set in the S1. 

I intend to spend a bit more time with the 208 this evening as, thus far, I am nowhere near my best lap times in that car. 

5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Thus far I have found that I can be very consistent in the Megane, but I think all of my fastest laps have been set in the S1. 

I intend to spend a bit more time with the 208 this evening as, thus far, I am nowhere near my best lap times in that car. 

I am very regular with the Megane as she is more stable than the other cars IMO. The handling seems easier with it but it may be only a personal feeling.

BTW, I look forward to find some good setup videos for the Megane RSRX because I am a real noob with setup and Car mechanics !

Edited by JamesMcAdam
  • Agree 1

The 208 is the only wrx car Ive used so far. Also the only R5 I’ve used. And the only R2 I’ve used. I like Peugeot rally cars, hate Peugeot road cars

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

The 208 is the only wrx car Ive used so far. Also the only R5 I’ve used. And the only R2 I’ve used. I like Peugeot rally cars, hate Peugeot road cars

Wise man. That said I had a Peugeot 106 and loved it... right up until the moment I had (a spectacular) head gasket failure. 

I have found the Megane and S1 quickest so far. I have also put in a couple of belting laps with the Mk.8 Fiesta, but the laps either side of it are completely useless! I am also pretty consistent in the Polo, but I have to work very hard to get near my Megane and S1 lap times. 

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I tried all new 4 RX tracks (Silverstone, Barcalona, Trois-Rivieres, Mettet) yesterday. They are different than the original DR/D4 tracks and from original RX tracks, but so far I really like them. All have their own challenges. I think Barcalona is overall the most technical. Still I push to much, so I not really get a good line yet at the hairpins. Last sector go quite well, but easily brake to late for the long left hander, go wide and loose time (or even worse, losing a place to the AI sneaking through)

I agree @tbtstt. Now easier to overdrive. In D4 you not get punished for this (D4 RX now looks quite arcade), while in DR2.0 you really need to choose lines, braking points, amount of sliding, striaght line acceleration. Compliments to the physics team.

I remember in DiRT 4 getting absurd angles in the first section of Montalegre. Like, so absurd it's hard to believe the car actually turned the right way afterwards.

I hope this is different in DR2, even though it was kinda fun to throw around the RS RX that much

11 minutes ago, carpa said:

I remember in DiRT 4 getting absurd angles in the first section of Montalegre. Like, so absurd it's hard to believe the car actually turned the right way afterwards.

I hope this is different in DR2, even though it was kinda fun to throw around the RS RX that much

You can do it but you will lose time. The cars are also more likely to require the handbrake to get the back end rotated. Maybe not quite as much as real life, but still much better. In real life the last hairpin on Montalegre needs a pull on the handbrake, in game you can get away without it some of the time, depending on your setup for the corner.

Ok, since I came here to do a big rant, I feel that I own a apology to Jon @ChristinaMc, @urgaffel, @CMBabe and all the Codies Team (and the "peasants" who beta test the game [Love u dude bros]). I ended up buying the game, and the only thing I can complain about it's not having again 20 something years and can be in house playing all day. Fantastic job you guys. The game looks and feels fantastic. Thank you for you passion and for your work.

Plus notes:

The stages. I've just put around 6h of play, but the stages are brutal and feel so unique. Poland it's mental, the flow of NZ it's kind of amazing, Argentina feels really claustrophobic, and even Spain stages feel really good (even if they are a bit dull in reality).

The physics. Oh boy... you done did it! I've had most of the hours put in a recent machinery, just experimented the RWD to see. They all feel amazing. The way that you can throw the cars and modulate the throttle it's very good.
The AI. Finally they present some kind of a challenge. I really do like that. At the beginning I though I forgot how to drive, because I was struggling just to get on the top10. Turns out I was really rusty.

Kind of down notes:

Phill volume. I had to put ambience and engine sounds in the 60's just to hear Phill perfectly. Like Paul in DR1.0, he is just to quiet. But I giggle everytime I hear a "Fiffftie"! And... some pacenotes are a bit out of place or completely wrong. A way to modifiy them would be a great adition to a great game

PhotoMode. When you have a game that looks like this (even when I just can play in high settings, because just like me my PC it's getting old and tired) you must have a photomode. Let's realese the @world photographer that exists inside of us 

Personal Notes:

No Hyundai R5. I don't know, I like the damm car. Because I had D4 in day one edition, I used it a lot. And with it we would have a complete poker of fast R5 cars. Would glady pay for it again. 
(Hope we can't have it because of a certain french guy moving to the team)

Tarmac Physics. I understand the complains and I know that it's a known issue. But they feel perfect when driving bellow 80km/h (50 mph for you brexit fellas). And... even when you go up those speeds, they look worse on the replay than they feel in the steering wheel

And I think that's all! Thank again, for the game, for my new desktop and bla bla bla. BRING ON THE DLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC 😛

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

You can do it but you will lose time. The cars are also more likely to require the handbrake to get the back end rotated. Maybe not quite as much as real life, but still much better. In real life the last hairpin on Montalegre needs a pull on the handbrake, in game you can get away without it some of the time, depending on your setup for the corner.

That's what I meant. I remember once sliding in pendulum all the corners of Montalegre all the way from T1 to the gravel section, simply trying to get the car back straight, just to find out once I managed to do it that I had overtook another car. In real-life RX they take a much cleaner line in general, as far as I remember 

I like that gravel is actually loose when doing RX this time around. You have to be gentle to not lose time. In comparison DR and D4 it was pretty much just a texture change with some added particle effects. 

• Agree 1

the only track that feels weird to me in RX is mettet.................................................     just don't know where the hell i  should drive 😆