DiRTy Gossip

19 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Awesome spot! 

Did he do a Phil Mills? :classic_laugh:

tbh   bugs are spreading like mushrooms..................   hope codies  silence is due to the fact they working to release a megapatch for evrything   👍

hase anyone seen  the backmirrors in rx2  are not attached to the fiesta omse?   🙂

It seems most of the bugs are in the console version. Haven't had much to complain with besides crashes/stuck on loading on PC.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It seems most of the bugs are in the console version. Haven't had much to complain with besides crashes/stuck on loading on PC.

on todays daily in argentina audio stop  during my shakedown.... had to drive  with the game MUTE  😄

That sucks. That still has to happen to me. So far the only sound that was absent for me were a few pacenotes.

But hey, in the end all these bugs will be exterminated. Patience and comprehension is key, and despite all of these bugs happening I'm pretty damn happy this game has come along.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 3

There is a brilliant game in there somewhere. It's just a shame we are basically playing Dirt Rally 2.0 beta.

• Disagree 3

I think it's unfair to call it a beta. It's facing similar issues to 90% of released games.

Stabilise racenet and bang some road noise to the ffb in there and we're laughing.

Also if they give me an option to adjust the way running order works in custom championships, like championship leader running first, then ill be happy little chappy fo sho.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

18 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

I think it's unfair to call it a beta. It's facing similar issues to 90% of released games.

Stabilise racenet and bang some road noise to the ffb in there and we're laughing.

Also if they give me an option to adjust the way running order works in custom championships, like championship leader running first, then ill be happy little chappy fo sho.

So, who runs first then in the second and successive rallies of a custom championship? And is it the same in the career championships? 

4 minutes ago, Pfei said:

So, who runs first then in the second and successive rallies of a custom championship? And is it the same in the career championships? 

At the moment, as far as I'm aware the championship leader runs last on the road. This is also the case with the rally leader running 30th on days 2 and 3. That's how it appears to work in DR2.

I would rather the championship leader runs first on day 1 and then the top 10 are reversed for subsequent days. This would reflect top level rallying.

(I have only looked into career mode and not custom championships)

Edited by Rallystu2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bogani said:

Oh I'm sorry JZ, do you want me to point you to the first impression post I did of the pre release out in our 'special' forum? 

Reveal hidden contents

It has something about FFB. 

Choke on it! I also talked about the FFB, but that doesn't stop the others from complaining! :classic_tongue:

In other news:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

hi guys, some of you have the fiesta r5 and can you tell me if after unlocking the engine settings you can buy them, I already implemented the engine 2, unlocked the other settings but I do not see the option to buy them, even if I have the money, I just do not allows to implement configurations 3 4 5 and 6...in the rest of the cars I can buy any configuration ... the problem is only in the  fiesta r5 ... someone have a fiesta r5 with engine configuration 3 4 5 or 6? Or can you at least buy it?

I think I had same thing with other car! If you don`t have enough money to install next engine upgrade, it does not show anything there! When you will earn enough, the button to purchase it will show up! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SquadBruce said:

There is a brilliant game in there somewhere. It's just a shame we are basically playing Dirt Rally 2.0 beta.

It's not really a beta. In game testing there's "levels" of bugs, with A being game breaking. Flipped mirrors, and some missing sound effects are like a c or d class bug, and should be patched out pretty soon. The audio muting is higher up, but it doesn't happen very often so the cause is currently unknown. Until it becomes known they can't fix it. Beyond that, most "bugs" aren't bugs, they're just features and little things people want, which is fine.

Oh right, racenet. Well, technically that's not a bug with the game, that's a server issue. The game itself so far is pretty stable.

2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

tbh   bugs are spreading like mushrooms..................   hope codies  silence is due to the fact they working to release a megapatch for evrything   👍

hase anyone seen  the backmirrors in rx2  are not attached to the fiesta omse?   🙂

Pretty much! Not quite a mega-patch, but we're logging and investigating everything coming up. 🙂 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChristinaMc said:

Pretty much! Not quite a mega-patch, but we're logging and investigating everything coming up. 🙂 

Much better to do it this way so you can get a fairly comprehensive patch out a week later, than keep trying to hotfix single things all throughout the week.

Even in it's current state, I'm absolutely obsessed with this game. So kudos to you and the team!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Not sure if this was posted before... but it seems we will have a Scooby Bug eyes Waterloo Racing Car in the game as well

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Not sure if this was posted before... but it seems we will have a Scooby Bug eyes Waterloo Racing Car in the game as well

Untitled-1.jpg

We have seen that car before, but not on stage! 

6 minutes ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Untitled-1.jpg

Given that it's supposed to run with her classmates, I'd like to throw some wild speculation around regarding the car in the back... 

I'm probably seeing what I want to see, but is that a Ford Focus? 

2 hours ago, ChristinaMc said:

Please tell me the FFB is getting sorted in it. I really want the game to do well and the backlash is getting out of hand. 

after finishing clubman RX   with   fiesta  RX2 (upgrade 5)  i decided to sell it............   they offered me 14000cr!!!!!!!!  😄

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.02.28 - 21.10.37.63.png

that's quite offending me 🤔

Edited by teknoid85
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

after finishing clubman RX   with   fiesta  RX2 (upgrade 5)  i decided to sell it............   they offered me 14000cr!!!!!!!!  😄

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.02.28 - 21.10.37.63.png

that's quite offending me 🤔

All the cras you own from the beginning are hot, so they sell for peanuts. I suppose 14K Cr is exactly the price of engine upgrade.

1 minute ago, BloodCat said:

All the cras you own from the beginning are hot, so they sell for peanuts. I suppose 14K Cr is exactly the price of engine upgrade.

if you sell  other cars price is more fair?

39 minutes ago, carpa said:

Given that it's supposed to run with her classmates, I'd like to throw some wild speculation around regarding the car in the back... 

I'm probably seeing what I want to see, but is that a Ford Focus? 

I think we both want to see a Focus :classic_biggrin: I have a feeling it's the Fabia. 

4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

if you sell  other cars price is more fair?

Yup. For example, my R2 and R5 Pugs will return about 70% of brand new price.

• Agree 1

i wanted to sell the rx2 because it's the car with the worst handilng in the entire game,   dislike it very much

gSz7Ypi.jpg

Alright, next time, let's make sure Jon doesn't hang out with Snoop until after the interviews - dude looks lit af every time you put him on that red background :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3