DiRTy Gossip

I have to play around some more, i used to use the pad on the G27 to rotate around the car like that, but i can only see the sides in DR2, not the front or back, i'm wondering if it's a non-bound control?

Using the right stick on a pad you can spin the camera 360 degrees. You can't move it up and down or zoom in and out but it is still useful.

Posted (edited)

I seem to recall there was a way of doing it on a wheel when I used a wheel with Dirt Rally 1. Possibly using the wheel itself to spin the camera?

Anyway it allows you to get the camera into some interesting positions (sorry it's a bit low quality - I don't currently have anything to copy photos from my console onto so it is literally a photo of my monitor).IMG_2519.jpg.6164818250d6b1cfb9706fd81f6af0e3.jpg 

Edited by michellem
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

there will be the photo mode with free view ???:classic_sleep:

Nobody but Codies knows that Thierry.. 

Wouldn't mind some footage from the DLC stages. Be nice to see how they've come on since dr1.

14 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I do not have a pad, i'm on a wheel.

I'm on a wheel too but I also have an Xbone pad for other games, and it certainly comes in handy for screenshots in DR.

5 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Wouldn't mind some footage from the DLC stages. Be nice to see how they've come on since dr1.

• Like 1

Love both those liveries, great choice! Look forward to running the new additions and the R5's at Monte Carlo. 

• Agree 1

Sorry to be that guy, but whilst the cars do look great and the Fabia with the McRae name in is epic, that video does no favours for the tarmac physics. It makes it look pretty awful which is a shame. 

Never the less I can’t wait to try the RGT cars up those stages. Won’t even need the Pacenotes for them too 😂

48 minutes ago, TURBODEVIN19 said:

It has that distinct DiRT Rally feel, but the lighting and track surface make the whole picture a lot better. I think they improved trackside models too, hope this includes snowbanks

40 minutes ago, Rallycameraman said:

Sorry to be that guy, but whilst the cars do look great and the Fabia with the McRae name in is epic, that video does no favours for the tarmac physics. It makes it look pretty awful which is a shame. 

Never the less I can’t wait to try the RGT cars up those stages. Won’t even need the Pacenotes for them too 😂

Yeah, but these trailers also makes things look more weird than they do when you watch an actual replay. Even the gravel looked really bad in one of the earlier trailers and we all know gravel is/looks brilliant when it's in our own hands. 

• Agree 1

Could be they fixed the ice and snowy parts of the track this time, so you can't just go flat out over these sections anymore.

Please let this be true!

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Evilsmurf said:

Could be they fixed the ice and snowy parts of the track this time, so you can't just go flat out over these sections anymore.

Please let this be true!

And snow all over the road with destroyed snowbanks for the late runners

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Evilsmurf said:

Please let this be true!

With tire choice I hope they got rid of the Super-duper tire compound that gripped on both tar and ice in DR! 

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, bogani said:

With tire choice I hope they got rid of the Super-duper tire compound that gripped on both tar and ice in DR! 

will there be spikes in tyrechoice in monte and sweden?

• Like 1

Very glad to see they chose Colin's livery for the Fabia! 🙂

Looks to be the Australia one too. 

I also noticed Solberg's livery doesn't have Mad-Croc on the sides. Which is strange, because many of the custom liveries have mad-croc sponsorship

28 minutes ago, bogani said:

Tyre choice would be very nice indeed. With longer legs and well-mixed stages there would be something to play with, even though the road would always be the same.

If you had stages from the bottom of the Col, then one at the top and then the long one all with the same tyres this could be interesting. Hopefully with slicks, wets, winters and studded

18 hours ago, michellem said:

Using the right stick on a pad you can spin the camera 360 degrees. You can't move it up and down or zoom in and out but it is still useful.

Just tried that and the camera just doesn't move in chase cam. What did I do wrong? I'm using Xbox360 controller on pc.