DiRTy Gossip

To be honest the career mode had lost my attention anyway due to the weather, and day/night cycle.

That said, not having DLC locations available in career mode seems like a ham fisted way of implementing DLC.

6 location championships just aren't overly fun, given that if you have one retirement, it's pretty much season over. 9-12 events will give a proper championship feel, and to not have that content supported across all game modes seems daft, unless I'm missing something. It renders one of the most developed portions of the game almost immediately void once the new locations drop.

• Agree 5

Thankfully it'll be in the offline championship, we can only bug them to get it added to the online champ as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BloodCat said:

So let's put it like this: career was designed without deluxe owners in mind. Awesome.
Also, why same events for everyone are so important while we have no career leaderboards? All you can do in career is grind money and upgrades, and I don't see how even straightforward cheating with those can give any noticeable advantage in online events -- and we have RaceNet to prevent exactly that, doesn't we?..

Guess I'll have to expand my negative review after that DLC gets out...

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. Most games that have DLC expansions don't integrate into the base game, they're usually separate. I agree the racenet for career mode is kind of dumb since it only affects the community challenges, which would probably be better if it didn't use your campaign vehicles anyways.

6 hours ago, JorritVD said:

The DLC will be available in My Team, except for the career events.
That it not will be available for the career events a little bit dissapointing/frustrating, especially as it has been asked and mentioned a lot of times before.
Is it a suprise. Not really considering the DLC in DiRT 3 and DiRT Rally 1 was the same way.

Why does everyone keep saying DR1 had DLC? Did I miss something?

6 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

If you sell DLC you have a duty to make it work within the game modes you’ve promoted IMO. And if not, you have a duty to let people know that up front. And even if not that, explain why.

Every ‘season’ I play seems to be randomly generated. I don’t mind if it has to be limited to six and they just randomise it from the ones you own (to start with).

To reiterate, I’m more than happy about the DR1 stages being DLC. I’m really glad they’re updating them and I’m not daft enough to think that it’s “lazy” or that we could get 3 brand new locations for the same money. But, when I have been sold DLC and told there’s a single player campaign mode (the first game mode listed on the sales description), I expect to know if that content won’t be usable and what the reason is for that.

Not really. It's literal definition is "additional content." I'm sure it's not Christina's fault, but in the past 3 games CM has been pretty quiet post launch, and very secretive pre-launch. DR1 was a bit different since they actually went the EA route, but even then the schedule was so crammed they could really barely adjust anything.

The seasons could be randomly generated, but I think they're hard coded into the shipped product. I don't think it just randomly generates championships on the fly when you pick one to race, but I could be wrong. I'm still not sold on most modern racing game campaigns anyways, but I guess that's a personal opinion.

Anyways, point is, they never promised it would work with campaign, and they'll probably factor it in considering they said it won't be at launch. If they were never going to do it they'd probably just say no. But they don't have to, since it's additional content. It works in the free play modes, and the only difference between free play and career is that it's less restrictive.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Sorry, don't know what to tell you. Most games that have DLC expansions don't integrate into the base game, they're usually separate. Anyways, point is, they never promised it would work with campaign, 

Edit: I was wrong about the inclusion of DLC in career championships.

(For the record, I disagree with JZ Studios - to me, PCARS was an exception to this rule)

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

...what I'm asking for is an overview of the reason why and whether there is a plan to address it or not. 

which... I think you can forget.

How many times has Christina directly answered a specific question of the many legitimate questions asked in these forums? Maybe once or twice?

In the BUG v1.1 thread I asked her if her last generic info meant a) patch will not include ffb fixes OR b) patch will come later to include ffb fixes. No answer by now.

She just chimes in to leave a confusing bit of info and then disappears. She doesn't even want to clarify some ambiguous details. The only thing I've seen her do is trying to calm down people every now and then by saying "we are aware", "we are investigating" etc.. Oh and "It's great to be part of this community". Yeah. We feel the same Christina. It is so great.

Edited by bbbwww
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, bbbwww said:

How many times has Christina directly answered a specific question of the many legitimate questions asked in these forums? Maybe once or twice?

In the BUG v1.1 thread I asked her if her last generic info meant a) patch will not include ffb fixes OR b) patch will come later to include ffb fixes. No answer by now.

She just chimes in to leave a confusing bit of info and then disappears. She doesn't even want to clarify some ambiguous details. The only thing I've seen her do is trying to calm down people every now and then by saying "we are aware", "we are investigating" etc.. Oh and "It's great to be part of this community". Yeah. We feel the same Christina. It is so great.

I don't think that's necessarily fair, especially not to single out one person who we've no idea what their job involves, the resources available or where decisions are taken.

And acknowledging feedback is sometimes the best that can be done. FFB in particular is a subjective issue and it's fair to say that this is being looked into.

The contents of the patch will likely come in a set of patch notes before the changes drop, but I agree that a blog post acknowledging key concerns people have (performance on some consoles, FFB issues, Racenet [which has been addressed to a degree], the weather in career mode and the misaligned panels on the Peugeot 205) would give everyone something to refer and point to when anyone raises these concerns.

There are limits as to what can be done within a budget and a timeframe and I think most reasonable people will understand that something like FFB can't be completely changed overnight, but some communicating clarifying the position, the understanding, the limitations and the plan for the major points would go a LONG way IMO.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I don't think that's necessarily fair, especially not to single out one person who we've no idea what their job involves, the resources available or where decisions are taken.

And acknowledging feedback is sometimes the best that can be done. FFB in particular is a subjective issue and it's fair to say that this is being looked into.

The contents of the patch will likely come in a set of patch notes before the changes drop, but I agree that a blog post acknowledging key concerns people have (performance on some consoles, FFB issues, Racenet [which has been addressed to a degree], the weather in career mode and the misaligned panels on the Peugeot 205) would give everyone something to refer and point to when anyone raises these concerns.

There are limits as to what can be done within a budget and a timeframe and I think most reasonable people will understand that something like FFB can't be completely changed overnight, but some communicating clarifying the position, the understanding, the limitations and the plan for the major points would go a LONG way IMO.

so to understand, they release a game full of problems,and we must hope they are on budget to resolve them, after we paid 80euros for that game.   is that a joke???? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Yep, I second what @RodgerDavies says. Christina doesn't wake up in the morning and say "how can p*** off community members today, I could give this info, but I'm choosing not to because I live in a hollowed out volcano, laughing in an evil way, whilst slowly stroking a cat" 

(Volcano bit may be true)

There are sign offs, and permissions that have to be granted before info can be given due to legal restrictions etc. Christina has been candid where possible (I believe).

Its frankly obsurd to lay blame at an individual's door, and it's possible that the final decision to make DLC offline only was only taken very recently, but maybe we will get clarification soon, we usually do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yep, I second what @RodgerDavies says. Christina doesn't wake up in the morning and say "how can p*** off community members today, I could give this info, but I'm choosing not to because I live in a hollowed out volcano, laughing in an evil way, whilst slowly stroking a cat" 

(Volcano bit may be true)

There are sign offs, and permissions that have to be granted before info can be given due to legal restrictions etc. Christina has been candid where possible (I believe).

Its frankly obsurd to lay blame at an individual's door, and it's possible that the final decision to make DLC offline only was only taken very recently, but maybe we will get clarification soon, we usually do.

Yeah, but she chose (or was allowed) to say that FFB will take some time. Well fine! Can she please clarify if that means the whole patch will be delayed (fine!) or ffb will just not be in the first patch (also fine!)? We can't know if CM's patch strategy is "release as few patches as possible" or "release small individual patches ASAP to keep the playerbase happy". Both are fine! And if neither of the two has been decided yet, also fine! Just tell us! We won't bite! Anything is fine, just tell us which of the two you were trying to say!

It is common ethics and politeness to clarify one's statement if it was ambiguous and someone has a clarification request. Has nothing to do with corporate guidelines.

If you don't intend to absolutely make clear what you wanna say, just don't say nothing at all. But if you say something, at least make sure everyone understands it.

And noone lays blame at an individual. We're all adults here, we know she only can say what she is allowed to say etc... No need to remind us of that everytime someone criticises her (and therefore Codemaster's) communication approach/strategy.

Edited by bbbwww
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bbbwww said:

In the defense of Christina. She is in the foreground to "manage" the community and SM, while on the other side being restricted by upperhand to what can or can't be shared. It is not her fault but it is normal she takes all the heat because it is the first person one can communicate with. 

I think it can be a very frustrating place to be in if things don't go like it should but it is her job and she is handling accordingly to it.

I have no anger against the people who are actually working on the game and putting their guts and efforts in it. I am more angry with management and upperhand decision who thought it was a great idea to milk their customers and release a bugridden, barebones game and leave many things completely unclear. That is a choice that has been made from upperhand and not by the people who we are communicating directly with.

Edited by P308R
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

That's all clear P308. As I said, we're all adults here. We know how these things work.

The problem is not about what she can say or not. Of course she is restricted by managent. And noone here wants her to say anything she is not allowed to! God forbid!

But she came out and said "FFB will take some time" and I just asked "Does that mean the whole patch will be delayed" (because CM doesn't want to split fixes over multiple small patches) OR "the first patch won't include FFB fixes but other smaller fixes" (because CM wants to make as many people happy as possible ASAP). You know both are fine, and by answering that question she absolutely doesn't have to reveal anything more over what she already said. IT WOULD JUST BE A CLARIFICATION OF WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID.

Edited by bbbwww
  • Agree 2

@bbbwww I would expect there'll be a plan / patch release schedule which will include any signed off amends in it. I doubt that would stop them patching other areas of the game.

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Most games that have DLC expansions don't integrate into the base game, they're usually separate.

That simply is not true. At least, in the last 5 to 6 years of gaming the way you mentioned was used by Deus Ex and FarCry games only.

Oh, well. Designing a game around the business model of selling content separately and splitting the playerbase from day one results in a worse experience for everyone. Who could have known, right?

and agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin............crash on h3 daily..............  i'm starting to hate this game

14 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

and agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin............crash on h3 daily..............  i'm starting to hate this game

Well... stay on the road next time then maybe? 

:classic_tongue:

• Haha 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, bogani said:

Well... stay on the road next time then maybe? 

:classic_tongue:

.................not funny................game crash.................

Bit of gossip? From: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/celebrating-the-women-behind-our-games-for-iwd2019-meet-mandy/

"I’m currently trying to arrange for a car to be scanned that is going to be in one of our DiRT Rally 2.0 service updates – however this car is stuck to a wall in a museum somewhere, so it’s going to be a fun job for the Vehicle Art team!"

Anyone know of any wall-mounted rally cars?! The article also gives some insight into how "fun" licensing even logos is...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Bit of gossip? From: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/celebrating-the-women-behind-our-games-for-iwd2019-meet-mandy/

"I’m currently trying to arrange for a car to be scanned that is going to be in one of our DiRT Rally 2.0 service updates – however this car is stuck to a wall in a museum somewhere, so it’s going to be a fun job for the Vehicle Art team!"

Anyone know of any wall-mounted rally cars?! The article also gives some insight into how "fun" licensing even logos is...

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/explore/collections/BMIHT-historic-vehicle-list.pdf

8 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

maybe a saab 96?

3 minutes ago, MrSpanky said:

Yeah that's how it was in DiRT Rally (yeah I know there was no DLC, but during early access new locations were added regularly, and only playable in career championship once your current championship was finished)

• Agree 1

Great news about the implementation of the DLC. I'm not spending much time in the career, but I am glad to see the DLC will form part of it for those who do though. However this...

1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

...is intriguing: to Google search! 

PS: Fair play to Mandy: I imagine her line of work must be absolutely infuriating at times! 

• Agree 2

There was some misleading information then. I just hope it pops as 9 locations and not the locked 6.

• Agree 1