DiRTy Gossip

It appears I may have spouted off too soon, in which case apologies aplenty from my part. Will take a look and edit my posts accordingly if so...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

It appears I may have spouted off too soon, in which case apologies aplenty from my part. Will take a look and edit my posts accordingly if so...

You know where to send the apology biscuits 😉 

Edited by CatBadders
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Great news about the implementation of the DLC. I'm not spending much time in the career, but I am glad to see the DLC will form part of it for those who do though. However this...

...is intriguing: to Google search! 

PS: Fair play to Mandy: I imagine her line of work must be absolutely infuriating at times! 

She's been there for 21 months. It must have been fun the first time she talked about a certain Japanese manufacturer. 

"Oh, here we call it He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named." 

Apart from this, great job, the licences do look nice this time around 👍

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Hey guys, bit of a random question, but what do you think the likelihood of the Ford Focus WRC 2001 and the Peugeot 206 WRC being included in the game is?

6 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Hey guys, bit of a random question, but what do you think the likelihood of the Ford Focus WRC 2001 and the Peugeot 206 WRC being included in the game is?

Focus, very likely. 206, pretty slim. 

7 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Oh, I would love it if they were!

Question is, would you want the 206 in red or silver?

And then what about the Citroen Xara...

Silver, as they were known as silver bullets and pretty much only used silver color in WRC, with bits of red from Total sponsorship.

1 minute ago, bogani said:

Focus, very likely. 206, pretty slim. 

Yeah I thought that might be the case. I would presume the Focus will return with the Impreza 2001 in a future DLC (as the Impreza is pretty much confirmed), however I wonder why the Peugeot 206 is never considered as it hasn't been in a game since CMR 2005 and there are 5 or 6 other Peugeot's already licensed in the game.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

Oh, I would love it if they were!

Question is, would you want the 206 in red or silver?

And then what about the Citroen Xsara...

Probably silver as that was the more successful car, however the red 2003 model did look good. And yeah considering we have the C3 R5 and now the C4 WRC, would be great to get the 2000's category bulked up. Maybe even Skoda Octavia WRC, SEAT Cordoba WRC, Hyundai Accent WRC.

2 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Silver, as they were known as silver bullets and pretty much only used silver color in WRC, with bits of red from Total sponsorship.

There was also the Marlboro sponsorship in 2003.

Edited by LukeNJ7

2 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Probably silver as that was the more successful car, however the red 2003 model did look good.

Good lord no, we cant have that. We must protect our eyes from the evils of marketing...

But the martini focus does look delicious... I'm thirsty all of a sudden.

Thursday for our first WRC 8 livestream! 

2 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Bit of gossip? From: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/celebrating-the-women-behind-our-games-for-iwd2019-meet-mandy/

"I’m currently trying to arrange for a car to be scanned that is going to be in one of our DiRT Rally 2.0 service updates – however this car is stuck to a wall in a museum somewhere, so it’s going to be a fun job for the Vehicle Art team!"

Anyone know of any wall-mounted rally cars?! The article also gives some insight into how "fun" licensing even logos is...

I have been reading this forum few years already, but now I had to make an account here.

I found few interesting cars from museums that are literally stuck to a wall. These cars are Saab 96 on some museum in London and Talbot Sunbeam & some Porsche in Scotland. Although all these cars are regular road cars. Still would love to see an Lotus Sunbeam in DR2.0 :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Murikka said:

I have been reading this forum few years already, but now I had to make an account here.

I found few interesting cars from museums that are literally stuck to a wall. These cars are Saab 96 on some museum in London and Talbot Sunbeam & some Porsche in Scotland. Although all these cars are regular road cars. Still would love to see an Lotus Sunbeam in DR2.0 :classic_biggrin:

Yeah the Talbot Lotus Sunbeam would fit great in the H2 (RWD) class.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

Good lord no, we cant have that. We must protect our eyes from the evils of marketing...

But the martini focus does look delicious... I'm thirsty all of a sudden.

Haha I don't know what your talking about 😉, and yeah it would be great to get a martini inspired livery on the Focus just like the original CMR 2.0 (As you can see by my profile big I'm a big fan of the Focus Mk1). Also still can't work out why the Peugeot 206 has never been included, you got any ideas?

Edited by LukeNJ7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Haha I don't know what your talking about 😉, and yeah it would be great to get a martini inspired livery on the Focus just like the original CMR 2.0 (As you can see by my profile big I'm a big fan of the Focus Mk1). Also still can't work out why the Peugeot 206 has never been included.

Me too, mate. I loved that car with McRae and Saintz- it was epic.

I don't know why they wouldnt have included the 206 either as it dominated the WRC in the early 2000's. It would seem like a no brainer but I suppose they had to make decisions at some point and that one got the cut.

1 minute ago, Sammoo said:

Me too, mate. I loved that car with McRae and Saintz- it was epic.

I don't know why they wouldnt have included the 206 either as it dominated the WRC in the early 2000's. It would seem like a no brainer but I suppose they had to make decisions at some point and that one got the cut.

Yeah its a shame it never won either a drivers or manufacturers title. As the game is a tribute to CMR 2.0, you would surely think that the Focus will be included with some sort of the martini livery.

And yeah I suppose so, but with them adding new cars in such as the DS21 and Datsun 240Z (neither of which I am personally a big fan of) you would have thought that the 206 would be near the top of most people's wish list above them 2. Also as much as I am looking forward to the Skoda Fabia as a new addition I would have preferred it to have been the 206. I guess we can hope.

1 minute ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Yeah its a shame it never won either a drivers or manufacturers title. As the game is a tribute to CMR 2.0, you would surely think that the Focus will be included with some sort of the martini livery.

And yeah I suppose so, but with them adding new cars in such as the DS21 and Datsun 240Z (neither of which I am personally a big fan of) you would have thought that the 206 would be near the top of most people's wish list above them 2. Also as much as I am looking forward to the Skoda Fabia as a new addition I would have preferred it to have been the 206. I guess we can hope.

Too true, we can live in hope.

The majority of the players here are hardcore WRC fans so I should think a lot of people will be hoping with us. You never then, it might just happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammoo said:

Too true, we can live in hope.

The majority of the players here are hardcore WRC fans so I should think a lot of people will be hoping with us. You never then, it might just happen.

Yeah hope so, I think the game would be fantastic with arguably the best period of WRC action, given the number of manufacturers (I think 2000 had 7 different ones; Ford, Peugeot, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Skoda, SEAT, plus Toyota and Citroen just before and after). So 9 different manufacturers (obviously there is an issue with 1 😉) but still we could have a great class there, probably best in the game even more so than Group B. Hopefully the licensing shouldn't be too difficult as none of them will be licensed to the WRC official games any more.

50 minutes ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Yeah I thought that might be the case. I would presume the Focus will return with the Impreza 2001 in a future DLC (as the Impreza is pretty much confirmed), however I wonder why the Peugeot 206 is never considered as it hasn't been in a game since CMR 2005 and there are 5 or 6 other Peugeot's already licensed in the game.

206 was in DiRT Rally's S1600 rallycross class.

3 minutes ago, chukonu said:

206 was in DiRT Rally's S1600 rallycross class.

That was the 207 I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Probably silver as that was the more successful car, however the red 2003 model did look good. And yeah considering we have the C3 R5 and now the C4 WRC, would be great to get the 2000's category bulked up. Maybe even Skoda Octavia WRC, SEAT Cordoba WRC, Hyundai Accent WRC.

Didn't they run the white and blue livery the first few rallies? 

Just now, bogani said:

Didn't they run the white and blue livery the first few rallies? 

They sure did in the 1999 season with Esso. That was the livery in CMR 2005.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LukeNJ7 said:

Yeah hope so, I think the game would be fantastic with arguably the best period of WRC action, given the number of manufacturers (I think 2000 had 7 different ones; Ford, Peugeot, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Skoda, SEAT, plus Toyota and Citroen just before and after). So 9 different manufacturers (obviously there is an issue with 1 😉) but still we could have a great class there, probably best in the game even more so than Group B. Hopefully the licensing shouldn't be too difficult as none of them will be licensed to the WRC official games any more.

Been requesting this for ages since DR1 was in development and I have yet to see it happen 😞

image.thumb.png.c79445c43df017e65d5ec5503e05a207.pngResultado de imagem para peugeot 206 WRC 2001

Come on Codies.

I'm afraid the Xsara and the 206 would ruin the class though. The Xsara is a bit more recent, didn't catch the Lancer Evo VI in competition, and it was arguably faster (or was it the driver? 😄 )

They need to be well balanced in the game so that it stays playable. I remember Makinen won Panizzi in San Remo (Lancer 6 vs 206), so even in real life the 206 despite being more agile, it was catchable by the oldest car.

Edited by Riggs

5 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Been requesting this for ages since DR1 was in development and I have yet to see it happen 😞

Yeah its a shame as this is the generation of rally that most people playing the game grew up with. And it could bring such a new vibe and dynamic to the game if you could have the cars of Marcus Gronholm, Petter Solberg, Sebastian Loeb, Colin McRae, Carlos Sainz, Tommi Makinen and all the rest. I get that some manufacturers are difficult for some reason or another e.g. Toyota but I am still baffled by the absence of the 206 as there are so many other Peugeot's in the game and previous games.