Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DozUK said:

I see what you mean, maybe it's possible in this game to have community event with different conditions than exist for leaderboards? I haven't been through all leaderboards yet, is there a TT leaderboard for ever combination of time/weather etc? 

Nah, and that's probably exactly the issue. Conditions wouldn't be optimal to set great times, but still could just stick it on the dry or wet leaderboard. If you really wanna push a good time you'd need the optimal conditions in time trial, or just be lucky enough to get them. But it would let you see more or less where you stand.

Edited by Cortextual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

I guess they assume people in time trial would just want optimal conditions.

Pretty much, and I think most importantly it ensured even playing fields as far as deformation went. Thankfully too, current challenges have enough drivers that we tend to have a few consistent racers who post extremely strong times that are in the realm of top 10 WR's. So as long as the dailies stay active we should have a ballpark idea for a while.

 

The conditions being the same definitely help, but at least in DR1.0 the conditions didn't affect people's times nearly as much and it hold true for the most part in 2.0 as well. I think a nice compromise would be something as simple as a 2nd leaderboard you can tab over to that shows the current Time Trial leaderboard for that surface condition regardless of the current time of day. This way if you did a night/wet daily you can compare with that challenge's times as well as the current WR wet times, even if those were set during the day in TT mode. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would let you get some very good comparisons in.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a basic system already its just been made even more basic with less options. that is not progress. many driving games do have filter options so that is not a excuse for only two options we currently have.

also its not even mainly about logging times for different scenarios is more to do with you cant just choose time of day map weather go ! unless you go custom. they should of just included all of that in timetrials. if you try and do it in custom it takes two or three times aslong to achieve it. if people are doing hot runs you dont pick numerous locations you pick the event you running the weather get on with it. simple as possible. its basics i dont get why im even having to explain this.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hadiii said:

I have the Deluxe edition and my Game isnt updating in steam, anyone else have the same issue?

Yes, deluxe version here on steam.

On game startup I got the notice that season 1 dlc is out but my new cars aren't there, how can I forcd steam to add my new content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

Yes, deluxe version here on steam.

On game startup I got the notice that season 1 dlc is out but my new cars aren't there, how can I forcd steam to add my new content?

Waiting for a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

its a basic system already its just been made even more basic with less options. that is not progress. many driving games do have filter options so that is not a excuse for only two options we currently have.

also its not even mainly about logging times for different scenarios is more to do with you cant just choose time of day map weather go ! unless you go custom. they should of just included all of that in timetrials. if you try and do it in custom it takes two or three times aslong to achieve it. if people are doing hot runs you dont pick numerous locations you pick the event you running the weather get on with it. simple as possible. its basics i dont get why im even having to explain this.

You aren't having to explain anything, I understand what you are saying, calm your t*ts.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

You aren't having to explain anything, I understand what you are saying, calm your t*ts.

the post is not in reply to you thats why i have not quoted you. so maybe its your t*ts that need calming :classic_rolleyes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgeesi0 said:

the post is not in reply to you thats why i have not quoted you. so maybe its your t*ts that need calming :classic_rolleyes:

I love it when you talk dirty.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Waiting for a fix.

What's that supposed to mean? How come others got their cars and I didn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sqdstr said:

What's that supposed to mean? How come others got their cars and I didn't?

So far there hasn't been reports of it working on PC. Only on PS4 (and Xbox?).

I'm also waiting as I'm on steam.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riggs said:

So far there hasn't been reports of it working on PC. Only on PS4 (and Xbox?).

I'm also waiting as I'm on steam.

Hm yeah, I just saw there's a seperate thread for this issue, reading it now as we speak, guess we'll just have to wait then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@ChristinaMc May i ask, about problem i have, I have deluxe game on ps4, with two account, i bought a game with secondary account (also use it on same console), but play with primarly account. now the problem is I cant use DLC cars for Career mode, this has not been case on any other game, and i have bought a lot other games on same account, but do play with other "primarly" account.. 

can we fix this problem !? thanks in advanced

Edited by dani211212

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

the two cars are in garage now, and the thieves has been busted.  (steam)

very nice handling of both cars, c4 better but ugly

Edited by teknoid85
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Even tho both of these 2 cars don't really interest me, great job once again. Fantastic handling and specs overall. Fantastic sound as well (at least on the Skoda it's close to the real thing), not sure about the C4. Fantastic work by the team, congratulations!

2000cc is really the best class to drive. Given how these 2 are so well represented, I really can't wait for the 2000s golden era to be in. Will buy it all.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Riggs said:

Fantastic sound as well (at least on the Skoda it's close to the real thing)

Skoda most definitely does not sound close to the real thing. Probably because it's using the sound of the 2007 Ford Focus WRC as a placeholder. 😉

 

Edited by Porkhammer
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't get in from work until late last night so only got to briefly try the new cars. 

I have been using one of the short stages in Spain to compare cars and I did my fastest time through the stage on my first go in the Fabia then went faster again on my first try in the C4! 

Both cars seem absolutely planted, just like the real thing (especially the C4) 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest disappointment of the year.

Broken not finished , not even a simcade . Tnx God for dirt rally 1 and Richard Burns rally. 

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Porkhammer said:

Skoda most definitely does not sound close to the real thing. Probably because it's using the sound of the 2007 Ford Focus WRC as a placeholder. 😉

 

Could be, but at least it has that similar whine unlike the C4. The C4 afaik used the same engine as the Xsara (at least on the first years) and it's not even close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Could be, but at least it has that similar whine unlike the C4. The C4 afaik used the same engine as the Xsara (at least on the first years) and it's not even close.

That would be because it's using the Mini Countryman sound from DR1, presumably also as a placeholder.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Porkhammer said:

That would be because it's using the Mini Countryman sound from DR1, presumably also as a placeholder.

About that: unknown.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just got a new Logitech G920 however the brake pedal only applies half brakes unless you jump up and down on it. Anyone know what the problem is or have a solution if suffering a similar thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

About that: unknown.png

 

Petter had two in 2014 if i remeber correctly, are they sold now?

Edited by lindbergtommie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BotaCalor said:

About that: unknown.png

That's great. If they manage to record the C4, the same can be used and mixed for an eventually Xsara, as the sound is exactly the same (afaik same engine).

Any chance to get Lancer Evo VI recording? One is going to run in the ERC Azores Rally

 

 

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Btw, completely unrelated to the DLC. But do we miss some weather effects from DR1 and D4.

I do miss the fog option. In DiRT 4 it could also be different during the stage. That you went from no fog to very heavy fog. These dynamic weather effect and fog seem to be missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3iIGRGLaw

It seems in DR2.0 the settings of the weather have been more limited in both dynamic and settings way.
001.png.c5b9b32650bdda1e8583997c2d2a90bd.png
002.png.b0844656b9d91ae7cd8065ee3f3a7fa1.png

 

Is it just for time trial that you can choose between dry or wet surface??

Haven't tried to create an own championship yet, but maybe there are more options??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×