Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

 

argentina is not enjoyable at the moment for me

argentina is one of the best places for me to play  dirt rally 2.0 . at first i was like get ****** with all the rocks but with learning its now one of my favs with the technical differculty that comes with it.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

argentina is one of the best places for me to play  dirt rally 2.0 . at first i was like get ****** with all the rocks but with learning its now one of my favs with the technical differculty that comes with it.

it's one of my favourites too, but the camera shaking slider is not working and ruining my experience 😞

that's a fake effect,it's not real , or do you believe driver eyes have such a shaked vision when driving those stages????

maybe after they drink an entire bottle of scotch, then ok.............. 😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

argentina is one of the best places for me to play  dirt rally 2.0 . at first i was like get ****** with all the rocks but with learning its now one of my favs with the technical differculty that comes with it.

Argentina's road condition is too smooth in my opinion, the first on the road should be like when it is full rutted in the game, and well starting at the back should be a pain in the ass, like in real life, check paddon's power stage camera in 2016, he was the 20ish car on the road because it was the second pass and it is a ******* ruttedcoaster full of stones in the MIDDLE of the line not only at the side of the road.

So starting 150th like the game says in a R2 should be a miracle to go through

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God please let there be an FOV slider in the Xbox patch. I'm holding back from playing the game at the moment, because I just can't see the road properly with the default FOV being so high. I don't have an enormous TV screen, and it's an unfair advantage that PC players have being able to lower the FOV. Plus it looks so much more immersive with a low FOV and nice big, detailed objects and road in front of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@cmsoundfx I know that it was written somewhere over here, but well I really want to change use cockpit sound while playing on bonnet cam which is the most logical and used cam, but I think the sound in it is awful

Edit: also ALS is almost impossible to hear it

😞

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No FOV slider on console? Wonder why?

If anything I'd have thought it more important for console players who are more likely to be using a less than ideal setup. PC players are more likely to have a dedicated monitor they can move to suit them. Except me. I use a TV on the wall that could to with being bigger or closer but the room is used for other things too so must compromise for now and pick my battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

maybe after they drink an entire bottle of scotch, then ok.............. 😆

Well that could help widen the road. If it doesn't double it...

3 hours ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

Argentina's road condition is too smooth in my opinion, the first on the road should be like when it is full rutted in the game, and well starting at the back should be a pain in the ass, like in real life, check paddon's power stage camera in 2016, he was the 20ish car on the road because it was the second pass and it is a ******* ruttedcoaster full of stones in the MIDDLE of the line not only at the side of the road.

So starting 150th like the game says in a R2 should be a miracle to go through

Starting 150th in Argentina on the second pass, you'd be better off in a Dakar car

dakar-2019-tappa-8-12.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fedemaisonnave said:

@cmsoundfx I know that it was written somewhere over here, but well I really want to change use cockpit sound while playing on bonnet cam which is the most logical and used cam, but I think the sound in it is awful

Edit: also ALS is almost impossible to hear it

😞

Nope, not technically possible.

 

Also, everything from that location sounds the way it does because that's the sound you hear in that location.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Just popping into this thread with less gossip, but more a heads up - the patch is confirmed to go live at 11am tomorrow!

RaceNet will go down for maintenance (for a maximum of an hour) while we patch the game, so please make sure you're not in game when that happens as it could compromise event times uploading to the server. I'll be back early tomorrow morning with a Road Book featuring patch notes and some information about what we've tweaked server side too - as well as more info on how we're doing with FFB. 

Looking forward to getting the fixes and the info out to you. 🙂

Cheers,
Christina

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 11
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting us know, Christina! 😺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi all,

Just popping into this thread with less gossip, but more a heads up - the patch is confirmed to go live at 11am tomorrow!

RaceNet will go down for maintenance (for a maximum of an hour) while we patch the game, so please make sure you're not in game when that happens as it could compromise event times uploading to the server. I'll be back early tomorrow morning with a Road Book featuring patch notes and some information about what we've tweaked server side too - as well as more info on how we're doing with FFB. 

Looking forward to getting the fixes and the info out to you. 🙂

Cheers,
Christina

Thanks Christina 🙂

Probably will see it tomorrow, but does the patch only include fixes, or also added new gameplay stuff and options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all, I must say I am one of the luckiest who don't have any major issue until now, and game dont stop amaze me - still same wow and fun factor as on the launch :classic_biggrin:, definitely is the most enjoyable game I have ever played. :classic_rolleyes: So I hope patch will fix your issues guys and you can have same feel as I. :classic_cool: I am using Logitech Driving Force GT and the same FFB setup like on Dirt Rally.

Edited by JanBradáč
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Nope, not technically possible.

 

Also, everything from that location sounds the way it does because that's the sound you hear in that location.

Everything has a solution, I know that sound in the game work that way, but maybe an option in the settings to force cockpit audio while driving on bonnet cam, also chase cam have an amaaaaaazing sound and almost everyone that plays with a wheel cant enjoy it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, and admirable that you're so positive about it 🙂

However, still not technically possible - adding a button isn't a technical thing.  The sound engine plays the sound based on camera position, the car cams are just camera positions albeit static. 

 

I agree sometimes it's be awesome to have some bastardised sound mix, but DRs audio is realistic and it wouldn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Right, and admirable that you're so positive about it 🙂

However, still not technically possible - adding a button isn't a technical thing.  The sound engine plays the sound based on camera position, the car cams are just camera positions albeit static. 

 

I agree sometimes it's be awesome to have some bastardised sound mix, but DRs audio is realistic and it wouldn't work.

While I normally totally agree with you MadMaxx, this could be reasonably done by doing some smart camera tricks. Just figure out the offsets for each camera position to end up in the "cockpit" position but then zoom and tweak the FoV to look like the old camera position. Assuming it works and you want to let any combo of camera/audio to work, you just create a map of that contains <SoundOffsetModel> that is basically just a bunch of tweaks to swap in.

 

That is if it works how we are both assuming in this scenario. And that all the camera zoom hacks work. Would be really cool but I can see why it isn't a top priority...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i guess i should clarify that this is what CM have said on the matter - so far as the offset, i think the game engine doesn't have the knowledge of camera positions for sound, i think it's location from sound source.  There are conditions to set when the camera is in certain positions (read bound inside car model) as to what mix is played, i think it's distance from sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The notes will be released alongside the patch in the form of a blog post, might be at 11am, shortly before, or shortly after. We know the patch goes live (if everything is on target) in 1hr and 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

FROM THE ROADBOOK

"Finally: as we’ve mentioned on our forums, we’re continuing to investigate the concerns some of you have raised with FFB. We’re taking your feedback incredibly seriously, and we are giving this the time and investigation it deserves. We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally. We’ll continue to keep you informed of our progress – and once we’re happy with the update, we’re hoping to announce plans which will enable some of you to playtest it before we roll it out to everyone"

SO THEY EXIST HAPPY CUSTOMERS FROM A GAME WITH NO FFB....SHAME ON YOU!

Edited by cflot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cflot said:

FROM THE ROADBOOK

"Finally: as we’ve mentioned on our forums, we’re continuing to investigate the concerns some of you have raised with FFB. We’re taking your feedback incredibly seriously, and we are giving this the time and investigation it deserves. We know we need to strike a fine balance between the large number of players who are happy with the FFB, and those of you who want an experience closer to the original DiRT Rally. We’ll continue to keep you informed of our progress – and once we’re happy with the update, we’re hoping to announce plans which will enable some of you to playtest it before we roll it out to everyone"

SO THEY EXIST HAPPY CUSTOMERS FROM A GAME WITH NO FFB....SHAME ON YOU

There is ffb, the SAT and wheel friction allow me to drive in a much more authentic manner. 

The missing things are artificial sensations that would normally be received through your seat in a real car. I imagine the ffb is as designed, however I wouldn't mind a bit of tyre slip and some road noise. To say there's no FFB is ridiculous, unless your wheel is faulty.

  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc

It appears the FOV slider for consoles (Xbox) is not happening with this update.

Can you let us know if we will ever get this?

I am not playing at present as the default FOV is too high, and the road can't be seen easily (compared with DR1).

If it simply isn't any kind of priority for the devs, that's OK - I will let go of this game and look elsewhere for racing simulation. But it would be good to know if there's actually a possibility for it to happen.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChristinaMc  good morning and thanks for the roadbook;  i didn't see any mention about the non-working camerashakingslider, it has been fixed????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×