DiRTy Gossip

What a game!!!

i used to watch the WRC & think “DiRT Rally Monte isn’t like that...”.

Well, now it is!!  

Great job, a proper mixed bag of extreme grip changes.  Such a difference in the tyre types also!! Love it!

• Agree 8

1 hour ago, Murikka said:

1am already and no monte on ps4:classic_wacko:

For PS4 you have to buy Monte separately for 0 money. If you can not see Monte on PS4, check them from phone etc and buy them there.

2 hours ago, BloodCat said:

Anyone else noticed that the flag next to Phil Mills' name is the flag of England on some liveries but Union Jack on others? Is there a particular reason for that?

No idea. The dudes Welsh! 😆 and on the scooby used a Welsh flag lol

• Haha 2

Yup, Monte Carlo is awesome. You really can't drive it like the first game, the ice patches and snow sections are just whole new beasts now. Did some testing between the 2 games in the C4 and got these results.

Citroen C4 - Route de Turini Montee
DR1
4:56.238

DR2
5:46.664 (winter tyre)
6:04.166 (soft tyre)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Going by this video of @dgeesi0 it really looks a lot different to DR 1, looks much more slippery when on the ice sections when you see how careful and gingerly he is driving. Chase cam below (Time stamped) shows it best...

BTW did they fix the snow banks to be like Swedish snow and are they deformable now??

Although @Porkhammer seems to be quite quickly getting to grips already and is powersliding a lot in this one...

Edited by Rygar86

4 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Anybody else not have monte in the career? Have it for time trial 

It will randomly be chosen as 1 of the 6 locations when you start a new championship - just started one and Monte was the last, abandoned it, made a new one and it wasn't chosen...going to keep going until Monte is the 1st or second!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BloodCat said:

Anyone else noticed that the flag next to Phil Mills' name is the flag of England on some liveries but Union Jack on others? Is there a particular reason for that?

There's a difference?

Posted (edited)

Now seeing what Monte looks like and drives like really makes me hope even more than before that season 2 is Wales, Greece and Finland! Those are my favourite for sure. But if Im honest Monte and Germany are almost as good and all those wonderful DR 1 stages are brilliant and deserve to be in the game... except you Sweden, F○○k you.

So say in the future you have 12 locations available in DR 2.0, will you be able to make a 12 country custom championship to play either against AI or online @ChristinaMc ? And will it be the same for career mode? This would be something special and really feel like a proper championship!

Edited by Rygar86
  • Agree 1

monte is hard especially on some events with lots of ice. you really have to get it right and its like clawing your way through. im glad its a challenge. looks beautiful as said previously.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Rygar86 said:

Now seeing what Monte looks like and drives like really makes me hope even more than before that season 2 is Wales, Greece and Finland! Those are my favourite for sure. But if Im honest Monte and Germany are almost as good and all those wonderful DR 1 stages are brilliant and deserve to be in the game... except you Sweden, F○○k you.

So say in the future you have 12 locations available in DR 2.0, will you be able to make a 12 country custom championship to play either against AI or on line @ChristinaMc and will it be the same for career mode? This would be something special and really feel like a proper championship!

Be nice to see some new rallys do as well to change it up, new tarmac location with tight twisty lanes that has mud pulled on to the road would be amazing, hope we do get another forestry rally too would like to see a change from Wales even another rally in UK so stages are new, monte is amazing and agree with ya on Sweden lol

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

monte is hard especially on some events with lots of ice. you really have to get it right and its like clawing your way through. im glad its a challenge. looks beautiful as said previously.

I always liked those icey sections and how technical they were in DR 1, now they look even more challenging and fun! It really looks tricky to get right and thats what made me love DR 1 when I first played it. Really hard but every run you learned something new.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Be nice to see some new rallys do as well to change it up, new tarmac location with tight twisty lanes that has mud pulled on to the road would be amazing, hope we do get another forestry rally too would like to see a change from Wales even another rally in UK so stages are new, monte is amazing and agree with ya on Sweden lol

For sure, I think as soon as they have all of the DR 1 stages back in and effectivley doubling the games content then building on that with any new locations is the way to go, this game franchise is too good to not fully back and see where it goes. I have the feeling that if they just stick with it, add new content and features,  and make fixes as they go along they will produce gold. Im just hoping that the game is selling well, but Im not sure where to find that information?

Edited by Rygar86

Posted (edited)

I really hope S2 just bring Finland, Wales and Greece, Im loving Monte, for all the DR1 stage haters I'm sure anyone of you are playing this bloody stages because you already know them from DR1...

Edited by Fedemaisonnave
  • Agree 2

I have proper fun on Monte Carlo stages, way is look similar but is absolutely different. :classic_biggrin: Big difference between tyre compound. 👍 Thx Codies, fantastic update for me. 🙌😍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evilsmurf said:

Yeah, even if I din't know it -- I could hear it!

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

There's a difference?

england-west-sussex-littlehampton-union-jack-or-union-flag-and-english-B1WH8K.jpg

6 hours ago, Evilsmurf said:

This bugs me more than it should do - I use a Welsh flag, but Phil won't 😞

14 hours ago, sqdstr said:

I'm in the middle of giving Monte Carlo a go, just had a run on the Sprint en montée but are those new winter tyres that come with the rally really working? I mean there's absolutely no grip at all anymore when u hit a snowpatch, the car just slides immediatedly and spears off to one of the sides.

If you think the snow tires offers no grip put the softs on and give it a go. The grip on ice and snow with those tires are less than zero and I love every second of it :classic_tongue:

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

How can the dlc monte carlo on xbox hold 10 mb ???:classic_ohmy:

It was added with the last patch on consoles, only unlocked just now. This one is small fixes only. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

in poor words:  paul coleman, in this game your hand are missing

Yes, poorly words chosen by you.

Paul has been part of DR2.0 project, till he left for other things.

Don;t forget Paul also had been involved with other CM rally titles including DiRT 2, DiRT 3, DiRT Showdown, DiRT Rally and DiRT 4. All had mixed reviews, different gameplays and different receivement. All quite different and next to that showing it is not a one man show, but a team who is being behind a game. 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

7 hours ago, Rygar86 said:

I always liked those icey sections and how technical they were in DR 1, now they look even more challenging and fun! It really looks tricky to get right and thats what made me love DR 1 when I first played it. Really hard but every run you learned something new.

they are a lot harder you may not see this in videos but yeah totally different handling wise. it may look like people are going slow or driving bad its just hard ! :classic_biggrin: also each event is different what you maynot be able to tell there is also smaller ice patches on bends and such and touch hit them wrong car straight round sometimes. or just slide off a bend straight into oblivion even at 20mph.

the winter tires on some events maynot seem like they do anything but they do especially on the events with lots of snow and ice. massive differences.

42 minutes ago, RoccoTTS said:

Going sideways in Monte Carlo is so much fun :classic_biggrin:

20190326110811_1.jpg

Not if you're the spectator who owns that parked car! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4